Andy Isabella (WR) 2nd round pick cut by Cardinals, on the waiver wire

ganesh

It only works if he passes waivers and goes to the practice squad. I don’t think most people are advocating to put him directly on the 53. But it’s also a little unfair to judge him solely on his Arizona time or stat page there. They have used chase Edmonds and rondale Moore and even Kenyan drake in that slot gadget role similar to how Daboll used McKenzie. He was clearly in the dog house there and maybe for good reason I don’t know.  But I’d support getting him on the practice squad if he clears waivers. The more weapons and speed you can surround Allen with the better imo. 

Given the cap hit for Crowder & the fact that they have Hodgins & Shakir then when you think that Hodgins is finally healthy & did a really good job in the pre season not to mention he was or is a slot guy i wouldn't sign another WR I would allow the guys they have to get some reps first .

If the numbers go down a bit more then maybe look in that direction but as of right now the RB position is the one i'd be more likely to be looking for because to this point the only position that Beane has had trouble nailing is at RB Motor is good Moss MEH & Cook with all the accolades he came in with too this point has done absolutely nothin but drop the ball every chance he gets .

I don't know why but Beane hits on a lot of his picks but he always goes left when picking a RB the guys you think will be good & usually have shown to be he will pass on & the ones he picks are okay but nothing to write home about & Cook has been that guy he's not shown anything but dropsy's ...

I'd rather they spend a roster spot on a RB than another WR right now NO ONE is afraid of the Bills run game & weather the so called experts believe it or not that is one part of the puzzle that every super bowl team has had & used to win a championship . 

Why? The most used words to describe his play have been "Underwhelming" and "Disappointing". They already have Tavon Austin who's basically the same guy... Besides, Bills have no money to waste. Not even sure they needed Rhodes at this point. Bills have some potential high upside WR's already available on the team. No need for a stiff.      

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yolo was talking about Will Fuller, a 6 year vet with $34M in career earnings, not wanting to play in the cold. You can make those choices when you are already sitting on generational wealth.

Oops.  Nevermind

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I thanks.  3 underwhelming seasons.  It’s not rocket science.  OBJ, OBJ, OBJ.

Shakir plays for Davis this week, to give him two weeks rest prior to the Chiefs.  If we’re lucky, he’s ready for that game and maybe even Tre.

Sign OBJ before the deadline.  If he gets 6 game checks prior to the playoffs at $6.6 mil. (That’s $20 mil. had he been here for the 18 game season). He shops himself for these last four to five games and playoffs and gets his $20 mil. From someone else.

Bring up Hodgins if needed this Sunday and let Shakir play the slot if McKenzie is still in the protocol.

Bills have 1.6 million in cap space. So how much do you think OBJ would sign for? And which deadline do you mean?

Assuming the Bills are satisfied with his health, attitude,etc. 

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree with many others. Before we just jump on the FA train, let's see what we have in Shakir & Hodgins.

Agree.  And Isabella is more of a stash and develop type.  He's not going to help you on the field this season.  If you need that, you grab a vet who's been productive in the past that can slot right in.

8 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I would not put in a waiver claim if that means picking up his contract but if he clears I’d bring him in for a workout.  4.31 speed and supposedly has experience returning punts which is a need now with Crowder out.  Do not want to see McKenzie in that role, it will be a disaster and fast.  Although honestly Isabella is basically Tavon Austin with less NFL production so they might just prefer to elevate him.

Actually, after the Cardinals had to pay out his guaranteed money it's probably about a wash.

If they signed him to the 53 he would have no dead cap and they would pay him in essence week to week.

Your Austin comment is probably true, but I guess it would depend on whether the Bills looked at him back in 2019 and what

Beane and his boys thought of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sunshynman said:

He is a free agent, no deadline for signing him. And no extra compensation needed. 

I know, but would rather wait of that is more clear to assess his rehab.  Once he is closer to getting into the training room to finish off his rehab, under our direction.  My point is give him decent game checks, but for a small window before he is ready.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

Bills have 1.6 million in cap space. So how much do you think OBJ would sign for? And which deadline do you mean?

Assuming the Bills are satisfied with his health, attitude,etc. 

If you caught this past Monday night game, Buck was saying it was pretty much one of the worst kept secrets that OBJ is resigning in LA when ready. I don't know if he knows anything, but I wouldn't be holding my breath on him coming here.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.