Internet Rumors of Zack Moss trade availability from an unverified Twitter account

Draconator

1 hour ago, boater said:

Zack Moss (correct spelling), is cut material. Who would trade for him?

Duke Johnson is cut material.  If they trade Moss, Johnson stays, if they keep Moss then Johnson is cut.  Johnson is not subject to waivers and likely would cost more.  So those are reasons to go after Moss in a trade as gives you exclusive rights to a cheap contract.

If this rumor is even a bit true and they did trade Moss, it kind of then says yes they'd keep Johnson, but like prior years, he's inactive almost every week barring injury to Cook or Singletary.

Personally I'd have preferred to see Cook, Singletary, and Moss all active on Sundays as they do all bring a somewhat different strength to the team.  But they've never done that in past years mainly IMO as when only able to dress 47 on Sundays, can't keep all three active plus Jones.  Need to sit out one RB so then why keep all three if one is tradeable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I just don't see why we would do this.  Motor is a FA after this year.  Moss isn't making enough to claim cap relief.  He's getting paid to be a rotational 1st/2nd down back.  If we got rid of him, is Cook meant to take all those snaps? 

…not to mention, I don’t want to see us all of a sudden get thin at RB when somebody pulls a hammy or has a high ankle sprain. Every game counts for home field in the playoffs (it hurts to sound so cocky!), but I can see a scenario where it might look appealing.  They have said they want to build for long term success. If they think they have the depth at RB, I’m sure they listen to offers. 

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Duke Johnson is cut material.  If they trade Moss, Johnson stays, if they keep Moss then Johnson is cut.  Johnson is not subject to waivers and likely would cost more.  So those are reasons to go after Moss in a trade as gives you exclusive rights to a cheap contract.

If this rumor is even a bit true and they did trade Moss, it kind of then says yes they'd keep Johnson, but like prior years, he's inactive almost every week barring injury to Cook or Singletary.

Personally I'd have preferred to see Cook, Singletary, and Moss all active on Sundays as they do all bring a somewhat different strength to the team.  But they've never done that in past years mainly IMO as when only able to dress 47 on Sundays, can't keep all three active plus Jones.  Need to sit out one RB so then why keep all three if one is tradeable.

I feel the same.  I think there’s a chance, vs certain teams, we have the 3 active.  Definitely seems like there will be an increased emphasis on being more successful in the run game.  Could happen from time to time but I wouldn’t expect it weekly 

Personally, I think Beanes position on Moss is that he wont trade him unless he gets a strong offer.  I think it would take a 4th rounder to get Beane to start thinking about it.  

Moss has more value than a low round pick to us in a Super Bowl run, so I don't think there is any chance he gets moved on the cheap.  

I think the odds of him getting traded are low just because I am not sold anyone would offer him what it would take to peak Beanes interest.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Not interested in trading him or are they not interesting in trading him for what's being offered? 

I have a hard time believing they wouldn't consider moving a depth player if the right offer came along.

Obviously, they'll trade anyone at the right price, but I think what this says is that the Bills have a plan for their running game, and Moss is part of the plan.   They may be deep at running back, but that doesn't mean that all running backs are trade bait.  The guys who are on the block, if any, are surplus, not guys who are part of the core plan.  

Moss isn't a true power back, but he's the best the Bills have; Singletary is a pretty distant second, and none of the others fits that mold at all.  Gilliam isn't a true running back.   Moss may be the least likely guy to get traded.  

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There have been twitter rumblings since Friday of a possible Moss trade...but no one noticed because of Matt Araiza

I'm not on twitter and wouldn't know how to find these rumblings.   Can you link to any of them?   I hadn't heard anything, but probably for the reason you say. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Good. Singletary should never come off the field for Zack Moss.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I will say I thought Duke Johnson looked real good against the Pathers when no other Bills RB playing in the game did

He appears to have good vision 

that being said, I'm not convinced the Bils are looking to trade Moss, but it could happen.

If the return was acceptable I'd have no problem trading Moss and keeping Duke Johnson. He's been solid and he's healthy and motivated now playing on a SB contender. Motor/ Cook and Johnson with JA17 sprinkled in is a pretty nice combo IMO.

Miami will scoop Johnson up the moment he's cut. I expect it because they cut Michel today and their fans were pretty upset he wasn't retained. Plus he'll have Buffalo Intel going in a la Belicheck.

I'm not much of a fan of our RB room. I think it's solid, but I'd prefer some more elite skills - hopefully Cook brings that. That said, there's no upside in trading Moss unless they would be replacing him with someone better - and I'm not sure who that player would be. It isn't Blackshear.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Weird, I feel like I got a lot of flack when I suggested multiple times now through camp and preseason Bills could be showcasing Moss for a trade...

Random rumor, if this was substantiated by a reliable source...then sure.  Otherwise, it's foolish to trade our best goalline/short yardage/pass protecting back.  

Motor deservedly is RB1, but he needs spelled, and heaven forbid an injury....

Couple that with Motors last yr under contract, and we at least have a future option if Motor prices himself out of our future plans at RB.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm not much of a fan of our RB room. I think it's solid, but I'd prefer some more elite skills - hopefully Cook brings that. That said, there's no upside in trading Moss unless they would be replacing him with someone better - and I'm not sure who that player would be. It isn't Blackshear.

WOW dude.....OK who is your preferred RB group?  What team do u root for?  Aside from when The Thurminator was running the rock this is about as good as it gets for the Bills....IMHO.  ya sure Henry would be great....but they ain't getting that anytime soon.....elaborate please?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.