Internet Rumors of Zack Moss trade availability from an unverified Twitter account

Draconator

30 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

I don't get the trade Moss crowd.  He's on a rookie contract and knows the offense.   I highly doubt they sign Singletary after the season.   So the RBs next year will be Cook, Moss and Blackshear. No need a draft another RB next year.  There would be if they traded Moss. 

Moss is not good. 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

I don't get the trade Moss crowd.  He's on a rookie contract and knows the offense.   I highly doubt they sign Singletary after the season.   So the RBs next year will be Cook, Moss and Blackshear. No need a draft another RB next year.  There would be if they traded Moss. 

For my part,  it's mainly because I think both Zack Moss and Duke Johnson are worth keeping as the #3 RB,  so if the Bills can get something out of one of them rather than cutting them for nothing,  they may as well try.  Moss is probably the only one of the two with any trade value.  

If the Bills can get back a 4th or 5th for Moss… I get it.

If the plan is to use Singletary as the feature back, with Cook as the change of pace back, I’m not sure where Moss fits in.  Singletary can get short yardage.. he’s not a small back.  

We need to be loading up on picks wherever we can given Allen’s contract. 

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Any team with a top end #1, and any with better platoons so that would be Indy, Tenn, Car, Minn, LAC, Dal, Cle, AZ, Bal. The 10th spot is where I could argue for the Bills. Both Pitt and Cinci have a great No. 1, but zero depth. Den is very comparable to us as of now. 

I would agree with Tenn, Cleveland, and Indy with 1 top end back they will ride.

I can believe there is hope with Carolina, Baltimore, Minnesota,  and maybe Dallas with multi-injured guys that were great or a RB room on a running team.

I struggle greatly with AZ with James Conner as a #1 being any better than the Bills Room.  Same with the Chargers with Austin Ekeler and then a 4th round rookie.

Even then I would not change the room for a lateral move or even for many of these elite backs because they would take away from Josh.  How effective is Henry getting 9-12 carries a game - is he elite in that role?  

I am just fine with the running back room we have built of guys that can handle the limited snaps and perform when asked.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Internet Rumors of Zack Moss trade availability from an unverified Twitter account
3 hours ago, london_bills said:

Dont think beane would deal with wash again after mckissick.

Beane doesn't strike me as a small-minded, petty, vindictive type. I think it's more likely that he uses that fiasco to his advantage and allows WFT to "make amends" on a later transaction... allow them to save face and feel better about what happened. Beane strikes me as a strategic long game decision maker.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

IF the Bills have four true running backs active this year (they haven't the past few years, but there's reason to believe this might change under a new OC), then the plan seems clear:

Singletary - early down and between the 20s back. Essentially the "starter"
Moss - Red Zone and short yardage back
Cook - Pass-catching and change of pace back
Jones - special teams only

Granted, if the Bills continue to activate only three backs on gamedays, then this doesn't work. If they decide to change that, though...all signs from OTAs, camp, and preseason games point to the above plan.

And the reason they might have 3 backs + Taiwan active on game days this year is because they have a new OC.

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Good take, it makes sense to keep your guys while making a title run, but how could you turn down a fifth rounder or better for Moss. 

Besides the Bills demonstrated reluctance to move on prematurely from their draft picks, Moss was a 3rd rounder.

A really doubt that a 5th rounder for Moss would be attractive to McBeane.

19 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I would agree with Tenn, Cleveland, and Indy with 1 top end back they will ride.

I can believe there is hope with Carolina, Baltimore, Minnesota,  and maybe Dallas with multi-injured guys that were great or a RB room on a running team.

I struggle greatly with AZ with James Conner as a #1 being any better than the Bills Room.  Same with the Chargers with Austin Ekeler and then a 4th round rookie.

Even then I would not change the room for a lateral move or even for many of these elite backs because they would take away from Josh.  How effective is Henry getting 9-12 carries a game - is he elite in that role?  

I am just fine with the running back room we have built of guys that can handle the limited snaps and perform when asked.

Both Ekeler and Connor are top 5 backs alone. Spiller for the chargers is coming out of college with a lot of praise. In AZ, Williams was a big contributor last year for the Chiefs both on the ground and through the air. Ingram is also a highly touted rookie. Of the RB squads I listed, I think they're one of the stronger groups. Conner > Singletary, Williams > Moss, Ingram v Cook is unknown with Cook having the edge as a pass catcher.

My original point wasn't that we needed to be better than these teams, just that if we were going to move moss, I'd prefer that we do so in an effort to upgrade top end talent instead of just more depth. I don't think any of that is happening though. I expect Singletary to not be re-signed, and Moss and Cook to split duties with a rookie or otherwise cheap player filling in 3rd string depth.

Edited by BullBuchanan

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Both Ekeler and Connor are top 5 backs alone. Spiller for the chargers is coming out of college with a lot of praise. In AZ, Williams was a big contributor last year for the Chiefs both on the ground and through the air. Ingram is also a highly touted rookie. Of the RB squads I listed, I think they're one of the stronger groups. Conner > Singletary, Williams > Moss, Ingram v Cook is unknown with Cook having the edge as a pass catcher.

My original point wasn't that we needed to be better than these teams, just that if we were going to move moss, I'd prefer that we do so in an effort to upgrade top end talent instead of just more depth. I don't think any of that is happening though. I expect Singletary to not be re-signed, and Moss and Cook to split duties with a rookie or otherwise cheap player filling in 3rd string depth.

I have no issue moving on from Moss for a pick, but I do not want or need top end RB talent on this roster.  The RBs get 10 - 15 touches a game and that is fine.  

Singletary for those touches averages a healthy near 5 yards a carry.  That is exactly what I want from that role.

Now you have Cook to swing out and get you yards after catch and that is fine.

Moss is exactly what he has been a depth/role player that can give you a few carries especially if someone gets dinged up, but more importantly can come in and help pass block as needed and slide out for a few catches.  He is easily replaceable with a ton of other guys, but unless you are getting something useful back that is a crucial role that is not filled by Johnson or Blackshear and Cook struggled in pass pro as you would expect.

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

ahh, fans..

We have depth.. like enough to get through an injury with a pretty decent replacement.. 

Bills fans:  a 6th round pick though.. 

went from we have no talent and need as many draft picks as we can get, to now Allen’s contract is too big we need as many picks as we can get. 
Then week 5 when there’s an injury or god forbid two injuries in the same game and they only have Gilliam and Taiwan… EXPLOSION 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.