Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

16 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

A couple of hours ago I would have agreed with you. Now, I’m not so sure about the morals of the Bills front office.

Or maybe stop reading headlines and jumping to conclusions about a case you haven't conducted any eyewitness interviews on, done any investigation on, etc.  Clearly the Bills know more than you, that doesn't make them immoral, that makes them more informed on the case to form a valid and proper opinion on the matter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t know, if somebody raped my daughter, and that guy was about to embark on an NFL career, I would certainly be flooding them (and/or asking my attorney to)  information on what a POS he is. 

Imagine your daughter gets raped and he is on every sports show being referred to as “The Punt God”. Not to mention he is on a team like the Bills built on “culture” and “process”. 

True. Maybe he’s calling asking for Araiza to be released.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

For those of you who are jumping on board the “cut Matt Araiza immediately” bandwagon, I hope you never make a terrible mistake in your life. You will automatically be cancelled and should feel that you yourself deserve it.

You have to let due process happen. We should all hope that we are treated that way. Things happen that are out of your control in your life that could put you in a terrible position. This may or may not be the case, but this is why the justice system exists.

A mistake is forgetting to carry a zero or pick up the mail, not 'oops accidentally gang raped a minor'

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I will say this much. When the news first broke on here I was kinda feeling this kid is done and 99% guilty. 
But that young ladies lawyer now has me thinking tonights news is a cash grab with his actions. 
I still believe she was raped, and it’s all still very disgusting, I’m not trying to discredit or shame her, but I’m having doubts of his actual involvement now. I just can’t see this regime backing this guy even this far into it without having knowledge he has some innocence in this. It just doesn’t fit with anything they have done since arriving here. He’s a 6th round punter and one of the easiest cuts on the roster. They could easily released a statement and cut him and been off the hook. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

According to his attorney, the accuser admitted to coming in already drunk and agreed to consensual sex. 

I say we all sit back and wait for FACTS to come out before rushing to judgement.

Except that according to Cali law, she couldn't legally consent to sex 'cuz she wasn't 18

8 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

if this were any of us and someone called our work saying that we raped them  and then we were sued, we would’ve been fired already

What a great way to get back at someone you don't like. Make an accusation and sit back.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who knows.  But it would be in evidence at this point.  Easily discovered.

Not if it was illegally obtained; can’t be used for any purpose, and in most states an illegal recording is itself a crime.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You don't even know if he is guilty first of all, so stop.  Second, I did not say anything whatsoever about the victim.  But you do realize that you literally have zero qualifications here to even establish who is a victim and who is not?  You haven't done any investigation, conducted any eyewitness interviews, etc.  You read a story, and maybe like most only read a headline, and got online and decided to establish who is a victim and who is guilty. 

So don't come at me with accusations of what I have a problem, because the only thing I have problem with is people jumping to conclusions before they even know the facts.   I mean it's possible both her and Araiza are victims even.  For example, how do you know that her and Matt didn't have consensual sex earlier in the night before she was raped by the other players after Matt left?  I mean there are several eyewitnesses who said Matt wasn't even there when the alleged attack happened, including one of her own friends.  

Everyone is 100% in support of cutting him and jail time if he is guilty without hesitation.  

Preach brother, well said

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, StHustle said:

According to his attorney, the accuser admitted to coming in already drunk and agreed to consensual sex. 

I say we all sit back and wait for FACTS to come out before rushing to judgement.

1. there is no consent in “consensual” sex if the victim is too intoxicated.

2. There is no consent defense in cases of statutory rape.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

A mistake is forgetting to carry a zero or pick up the mail, not 'oops accidentally gang raped a minor'

Perhaps I worded it wrong. What I intended to say was truly that we need to let the process happen. So many people are jumping to conclusions here. There are a lot of conflicting stories. As the father of two daughters, if he is guilty I hope he sits in jail for an extremely long time and never plays a down in the NFL. But, I am not ready to jump to that conclusion until I know more facts.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Does it matter?  Anyone with a legal degree know the answer?

So then he didn't admit to having sex with her.

Tells me their "lawsuit" is full of holes

Listening to the news report and her account of what took place, I don't know how she even knew who anyone was...being her claims of being completely trashed to the point where she was out for 90% of the supposed attack 

If the DNA evidence isn't there, then I would say she has no chance of getting even a civil court payout

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I will say this much. When the news first broke on here I was kinda feeling this kid is done and 99% guilty. 
But that young ladies lawyer now has me thinking tonights news is a cash grab with his actions. 
I still believe she was raped, and it’s all still very disgusting, I’m not trying to discredit or shame her, but I’m having doubts of his actual involvement now. I just can’t see this regime backing this guy even this far into it without having knowledge he has some innocence in this. It just doesn’t fit with anything they have done since arriving here. He’s a 6th round punter and one of the easiest cuts on the roster. They could easily released a statement and cut him and been off the hook. 

The Bills could easily have just cut him and said nothing about this case

"We had an open competition and Matt's a great competitor who is gonna be a fine NFL punter, but we decided we're going to go with the more experienced holder and directional kicker"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2