Bills -Broncos Post Game Thread Week 2 Preseason

muppy

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Picking nits here. Exactly how deep do you expect the corners to go? You just named 4 that were adequate and that’s not including the fact we get white back early season. I mean… even the deepest of teams aren’t going into the season 5 and 6 deep of solid corner play. IMO that’s just getting sorta greedy. 

Yeah I mean...I guess I could have just not listed ANYTHING under "stock down", but like I said to another poster...after a game as good and thoroughly dominant as the Bills just played, the negatives aren't going to be all that negative.

Still, I'm not going to pretend the Bills played a completely perfect game for four quarters, either, and if you're going to try to identify the less then stellar spots -- amidst a sea of stellar play, mind you -- you'd start with missed tackles, the special teams play, and the corner depth.

It IS picking nits, though. It was a great game by the Bills.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Moss is looking healthier and more explosive in my humble opinion. 

You can never have enough quality depth. Trade these types of players will not be worth the draft pick you receive. 

We can’t keep everybody I think it’s reasonable to assume that Blackshear could give us everything that moss gives us but we could come out of it with a draft pick maybe even in the fourth round for Moss

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Yeah I mean...I guess I could have just not listed ANYTHING under "stock down", but like I said to another poster...after a game as good and thoroughly dominant as the Bills just played, the negatives aren't going to be all that negative.

Still, I'm not going to pretend the Bills played a completely perfect game for four quarters, either, and if you're going to try to identify the less then stellar spots -- amidst a sea of stellar play, mind you -- you'd start with missed tackles, the special teams play, and the corner depth.

It IS picking nits, though. It was a great game by the Bills.

I shoulda worded it better. I meant I was picking nits on your post. But I can see your point. 

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

kids day.jpg

It was my 6 year old daughters first game as well. We live 90 min south in Waterford Pa on the outskirts of “stiller” country so she was thoroughly blown away that there were thousands of people all wearing bills gear like her. 

we were right down in row 2 of section 130 so the Allen strike happened right directly in front of us! Couldn’t have asked for better first game highlight. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

15 hours ago, Process said:

Tasker was more bearable than usual today

Yes Tasker appeared to be more clear-headed than last week but Cynthia Frelund is unwatchable IMO. I cringe at the stupidity of every question that leaves her mouth. It got to where I was muting the interviews.

15 hours ago, FLFan said:

Nick McCloud missed several tackles today on Defense and Special Teams.  He did not help himself.  Johnson missed tackles at Safety as well, but probably will not cost him his spot.  Other than that, I got nothing on the negative side.  Very strong showing by the Bills today.

The game was a clear illustration of how good Hyde and Poyer are and how big the dropoff is behind them.

15 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I didn’t watch the game sadly but that stat line looks pretty impressive especially in the rush department. Even preseason against backups 200 yards at 7 yards per rush is nice. And reading on here might be an all time low for fan complaints after a game. 

I understand the Bills are a passing offense and it doesn't make sense take the ball out of Josh's hand but the Bills are gonna run a lot more than last year... especially when they have the lead.

15 hours ago, muppy said:

and he has soft sure hands he doesn't drop. It's uncanny how polished he looks already .

Shakir is ridiculously pro-ready. I'm struggling to remember a WR who looked so polished in his first two preseason games. It looks like he'll do a solid job on punt returns too... he seems confident and sure-handed fielding them.

15 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

This is the best Bills roster I’ve ever seen in my entire life and I was born in 87. I feel strongly that this Bills team would crush all of the teams from our back-to-back Super Bowl losses.

I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusion but if you were born in 1987 you have no basis for it.

14 hours ago, BTB said:

Duke has had some solid NFL seasons.  Unless he had no other offers, I wonder why he signed with the Bills(can’t remember if he signed before or after the draft). 

14 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He signed way before the draft.  If he knew the Bills would draft Cook, he probably would have signed somewhere else.

Also, maybe Duke wanted to win a Super Bowl.

14 hours ago, sirebors said:

What are these gloves for? 

20220820_175441.jpg

Those are the gloves Elam wears in practice to make sure he dooesn't get too "grabby."

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Does James Cook remind anyone of Cj spiller? I had a guy at work last year say if only we could put 2012 CJ Spiller in this offense. Maybe they did.

Yes, 100%.

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It was my 6 year old daughters first game as well. We live 90 min south in Waterford Pa on the outskirts of “stiller” country so she was thoroughly blown away that there were thousands of people all wearing bills gear like her. 

we were right down in row 2 of section 130 so the Allen strike happened right directly in front of us! Couldn’t have asked for better first game highlight. 

Waterford... is that where Troyer Farms is based?

On a different subject, it's too bad so much of Blackshear's game is redundant to James Cook's... 

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

"You get six touchdowns on six drives, obviously nobody did good. So we have to evaluate the group as a whole. We have to tackle better. We have to hold the point better. Everything," Hackett said. "Obviously, our defense didn't play good enough. The offense didn't play good enough, especially in the beginning. But that's why we do this."

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

hey miyagi did u happen to catch much of our boy Harts play yesterday? I would need to rewatch the 2nd half to check that myself. Or anybody else please chime in. Thanks. m

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I shoulda worded it better. I meant I was picking nits on your post. But I can see your point. 

whoa. Your post gave me chills soo awesome they witnessed that. That's a lifelong memory I love it 🙂

Josh Allen - 3-for-3 for 45 yards and one spot-on touchdown to Gabe Davis.

The touchdown had a completion probability of 21.6%, according to NFL Next Gen Stats.

Allen completed just six passes with a completion probability under 25% all of last season.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

@Sierra Foothills Cynthia Frelund fawned over #17 in their sidelines interview. I'm not sure if male reporters would greet him in that manner.  I could be wrong and I just made more notice since she is female.  A bit too star struck for me just sayin. Its a small quibble.

Asking Josh about his golf game during a sideline interview left me speechless.

Of course Josh being Josh, he let her off the hook.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just spent the morning reading the Denver Post and other Broncos forums. Half wrote the game off as the Bills playing starters. (like what? 2 series?) The other half were in awe of the team Buffalo put together, suggesting they grab every player we cut.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HiMark said:

As one of those posters, consider me relaxed!  The sideline throw to Diggs was what I needed to see, but the overall performance was right on.

I had a perfect view of that from my seats yesterday.  I could see the route, release and catch. I gasped as I thought it could be intercepted when he released it.  It was absolutely a perfect route, pass and catch.  

I also thought Allen’s TD pass was going to be intercepted. It looked like it took a “long” time to get there. 

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Moss is looking healthier and more explosive in my humble opinion. 

You can never have enough quality depth. Trade these types of players will not be worth the draft pick you receive. 

News flash!  The Bills can't keep them all and it is better to get something from a trade than to cut them and get nothing.  If Beane can't move any of them to another team, they will be released and the Bills get nothing for them.

• Agree 1

my kudos to Aaron Kromer, any coach that can get Ford and Bobby Hart to look like NFL lineman deserves mention. In fact all the o linemen looked good yesterday, run blocking and pass protection

I found this take very interesting.. This aspect of the game yesterday hasn't been discussed. #bilzfancy 

Edited by muppy

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think we should have some discussion of Billy Buffalo.  Is Billy Buffalo in mid-season form?  Discuss!

Seems a bit thick this season. Run him extra laps at practice and he should be good to go.. Question: where’s Betty Buffalo?

2 hours ago, muppy said:

@Sierra Foothills Cynthia Frelund fawned over #17 in their sidelines interview. I'm not sure if male reporters would greet him in that manner.  I could be wrong and I just made more notice since she is female.  A bit too star struck for me just sayin. Its a small quibble.

in this case 

she is in the employ of the Buffalo Bills

shes allowed to do so.

look at the Bills blouses 👚 she’s worn the last 2 weeks.  

Last week she wore the same blouse from last season when she did Bills related podcasts (or some such)

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think we should have some discussion of Billy Buffalo.  Is Billy Buffalo in mid-season form?  Discuss!

Shows you how clueless people are 

Meaning — people don’t do research before showing up in Buffalo to cover a Buffalo 🦬 game 

That's fine but I'm not paying for Sirius when that show is supposed to be on the Audacy app for free. Someone or something is dropping the ball.

9 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

@PromoTheRobot Sirius has extended their contract to cover an hour of post game on the game day broadcast station for 2022

Hence. No immediate streaming post game 

20 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He signed way before the draft.  If he knew the Bills would draft Cook, he probably would have signed somewhere else.

He'll probably make out OK in any case.  At the very least he'll have a paycheck on the PS, with a good chance another team signs him at some point.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.