Mac Jones has a picture from the blowout playoff loss to the Bills in his locker

BillsFan619

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Mac actually didn’t play terribly in that game. Patriots* defense were woefully underprepared The defense needs that motivation more than he does

6.1 yards per attempt, 2 picks, and a QB rating of 75.8.  He wasn’t good.  His noodle arm is the reason Hyde could make that INT.

McCorkle can motivate himself all he wants.  He’ll be losing to the Bills for a long time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

6.1 yards per attempt, 2 picks, and a QB rating of 75.8.  He wasn’t good.  His noodle arm is the reason Hyde could make that INT.

McCorkle can motivate himself all he wants.  He’ll be losing to the Bills for a long time.

Not true. It was actually a well placed throw that would’ve dropped perfectly into the receiver’s hands. Hyde made an extremely freak athletic play. 

I thought it was a TD when I first saw it.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Not true. It was actually a well placed throw that would’ve dropped perfectly into the receiver’s hands. Hyde made an extremely freak athletic play. 

I don’t want to get into it here, but there is a great analysis out there (Cover1 I think) that compares that throw to the one Josh made to Sanders in the 3rd quarter of the same game.  A guy with a stronger arm gets the ball to the receiver more quickly.  McCorkle had to loft his to get it there — it was accurate, but gave Hyde the time to make the play.

It’s a great example of where a “good” pass isn’t good enough.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Mac actually didn’t play terribly in that game. Patriots* defense were woefully underprepared The defense needs that motivation more than he does

No he was horrible. Not even including the first pick (which honestly 80 times out of 100 is not a TO), but he could not get anything going and basically just racked up garbage time points. 

Sometimes your role as a game manager is to play ball control especially when your defense can’t stop anything. They couldn’t do that at all. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I thought it was a TD when I first saw it.

It actually is true.  The reason Hyde was able to make that play is that the ball took a long time to get there.  It was a very good play be Hyde, but not freakish.  The fact that the pass was accurate is immaterial.  It was in the air too long, end of story.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.