Mac Jones has a picture from the blowout playoff loss to the Bills in his locker

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

I live in Mass, and we should all know per the media Macbutterbean has put on 20 lbs of muscle, his testosterone is off the charts, he’s 3 inches taller, and his mental processing is up 2000%.  his accuracy is now 95% sideline to sideline.  He is #17 on steroids.   Fear him, and fear him now!   

no need for offensive coordination because he is all that is needed.  

I live in Mass as well and I have heard no fan or local media exaggerate like this??

Are u gonna sit here n tell me u heard it from ESPN? 

17 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

What a great game that was.

That’s awesome that we’re someone else’s motivation. May this be one of several.

Go Bills!

Mac needs to make room in his locker for more pics when we sweep those tools this year leaving him agonizing over the Bills destroying the Cheats twice.

Heres to a fine 7-10 season for the Pats only beating teams with losing records.  Enough wins to not get too high of a pick, but too low to make the playoffs.

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I said the same thing and got tons of negative reactions. It was literally a split second too early. People act like he threw a wounded duck. Hyde made a play most safeties couldn’t

You can literally watch the split screen of the cover1 “arm strength matters.”

Josh literally was throwing against single coverage. 

You know what matters a lot more than arm strength? Having a safety within 10 yards of the play lmao 

Some folks just hate Mac so much they won’t give Micah Hyde credit for a great defensive play. And the cover1 analysis is flat out bad here, again, likely because they are Bills fans. Any analysis that doesn’t start with, “Josh is throwing against 1 defender and the safety is nowhere to be found vs Mac is trying to fit it in over the CB AND safety” is TERRIBLE analysis.

• Like (+1) 2

Typical of August... We will build on last year while everyone else topped out last season and can only expect to lose more games.  lol

Every single year its the same old same old....

When the QB position was neutralized, they beat us in our own backyard.  After that we surged forward while they trended downward.  When we played them their defense was beat up and tired, which showed.  BUT!  47-17 is the new normal, right?  lol

We're going to beat them, probably twice, but 47-17 is not my expectation.  

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

You know what matters a lot more than arm strength? Having a safety within 10 yards of the play lmao 

Some folks just hate Mac so much they won’t give Micah Hyde credit for a great defensive play. And the cover1 analysis is flat out bad here, again, likely because they are Bills fans. Any analysis that doesn’t start with, “Josh is throwing against 1 defender and the safety is nowhere to be found vs Mac is trying to fit it in over the CB AND safety” is TERRIBLE analysis.

Both were single high saftey.  The pump fake bit the corner but moved Hyde into position.  The arc of the ball and location.  Allen threw it further and arrived sooner.  Allen puts the same arc on it the db could make a play on the ball.  1 sec is what 2-3 steps?

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Allen looks the safety off while Jones stares his guy down the whole way

Allen rips the ball in there while Jones needs to put more air under it

There are reasons why one safety is able to make a play and the other isn't and they are directly attributable to the difference between the two QBs and their respective throws

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Allen looks the safety off while Jones stares his guy down the whole way

Allen rips the ball in there while Jones needs to put more air under it

There are reasons why one safety is able to make a play and the other isn't and they are directly attributable to the difference between the two QBs and their respective throws

That's good analysis and I ABSOLUTELY would agree that's huge if that's true (I can't really remember the exact play).

But of course, that's a lot more analysis than "arm strength matters !11!!1!!1!!"

21 hours ago, FireChans said:

That's good analysis and I ABSOLUTELY would agree that's huge if that's true (I can't really remember the exact play).

But of course, that's a lot more analysis than "arm strength matters !11!!1!!1!!"

So as I remember both those two plays, it's kind of interesting to me to think about the arm strength argument...Allen does a good job of looking off the safety and since Sanders beats his man his ball actually doesn't need to be thrown so hard, but I think he waits for maximum separation and then lets it go w/ a ton of velocity for the 'easier' play

Jones' ball I would argue DOES actually need to be thrown harder because his route is a double move and the pump fake to set up Wallace (which worked btw, Agolhor was behind him) brings the safety into the picture because you are looking your guy down the whole route.

• Agree 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:27 AM, ToGoGo said:

He'll have that on his locker the rest of his career. 

Nonsense.  He's got a long career ahead of him and we face them 2x a year.  We might hand the Pats a 54-3 drubbing this season and then that pic is no longer relevant.  You never know.

On 8/13/2022 at 5:32 PM, FireChans said:

No he wouldn’t. It was a fine pass and a great defensive play.

But but, the coverage was bad, I read it right here…, 

nuthin but luv👍

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.