Jump to content

Malik Willis is going to be a problem


bills6969
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he is raw still as a passer but to me if you were taking a shot on anyone in this class it should have been Malik. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is the Titans starter by the end of the season. 


Agreed on you’re points especially that he is raw.  I’m betting he’ll start next year and this is red shirt year.  The Titans are still delusional enough thinking they are a contender this year.  If Tanny and team tank enough where they are out of the playoff race by December, then yes, why not let him get game time experience even if they lose their last four.

 

They play the NFCE, and AFCW so the second division will be tough for them.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

His footwork needs a lot of work. There’s a reason the more athletic version of Josh Allen went in the 3rd round. 

 

I feel like his release isn't as compact either.  All the weird platform throws are great, but the compact repeatable release is what helps with timing the most.

 

But at the end of the day its what happens between the ears that matters the most anyway.  

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

you mean "the Next Josh Allen"?

 

Be not worried. 


Seems everyone wants to be 

the Next Josh Allen

Todays NFL comp for the Perfect QB

 

 

to the OP

Preseason makes one a star

 

🌟

Look at Christian Wade!!!

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I’ll preface this by saying I hate the Titans with every fiber of my being. 
 

I thought Willis did some really impressive stuff last nights, but overall I thought he was pretty meh as a passer and going through progressions. There’s no reason he can’t develop, but when is the last time the Titans developed a QB? Vince Young? 

 

  • Haha (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

His footwork needs a lot of work. There’s a reason the more athletic version of Josh Allen went in the 3rd round. 

 

You shut your damn mouth. There is no “more athletic version of Josh Allen”.
 

I think I’m going to cry. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The highlights were some dump-offs and one nice heave to a blown coverage and a run. Watching the 1st quarter in entirety it wasn’t nearly as impressive as you didn’t catch the misfires between the connections. He has a long way to go, with even more mechanical deficiencies than Allen came in with. But hey, there’s a narrative, he’s the next Allen. Just as with Allen there was a narrative that he was the next Locker.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watch the full game Justin Fields was like this in preseason last year till the Bills actually decided to Blitz him and it was all down hill.

Malik by all accounts is a terrific kid so wish him well but every year rookie QBs do this in preseason. See Trevor Lawrence and his performance against Dallas in the preseason last year. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Watch the full game Justin Fields was like this in preseason last year till the Bills actually decided to Blitz him and it was all down hill.

Malik by all accounts is a terrific kid so wish him well but every year rookie QBs do this in preseason. See Trevor Lawrence and his performance against Dallas in the preseason last year. 

 

⬆️⬆️⬆️

 

Lather, rinse, repeat.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching all of Willis's plays last night showed that he's got a terribly long way to go as a passer. Pocket presence was also not quite a good as I expected.

 

He might be a "problem" in 3 or 4 years if he works hard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every Pass and Run from him last night.

 

IDK..there are times he might have stayed in the pocket a little longer, but to me, for the most part, his Oline wasn't doing him many favors.  He took one sack outside the tackle box that he should have thrown away, but there were also times when he avoided a sack that few QB's could. 

 

I thought he showed decent accuracy on the run and nice touch.  He's a rookie in his first playing time.  I've seen far worse from rookie QB's in that situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know who hasn't looked good at all is Treylon Burks. He's struggled with conditioning over the summer and barely did anything in his preseason debut. You don't want to make judgments this soon in a player's career but he's had about the worst start a 1st rounder can have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

I’ll preface this by saying I hate the Titans with every fiber of my being. 
 

I thought Willis did some really impressive stuff last nights, but overall I thought he was pretty meh as a passer and going through progressions. There’s no reason he can’t develop, but when is the last time the Titans developed a QB? Vince Young? 

McNair, they never actually developed Young.

I think the kid has a shot to be really good, I liked him and Corral, but fell WAY further than I thought they would.  The Titans and Carolina have to have been very pleased with the opportunity to grab them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Every Pass and Run from him last night.

 

IDK..there are times he might have stayed in the pocket a little longer, but to me, for the most part, his Oline wasn't doing him many favors.  He took one sack outside the tackle box that he should have thrown away, but there were also times when he avoided a sack that few QB's could. 

 

I thought he showed decent accuracy on the run and nice touch.  He's a rookie in his first playing time.  I've seen far worse from rookie QB's in that situation.

 

This is why I think he will end up playing some games this year. I have a VERY low projection for the Titans offensive line in 2022. I think it is going to be one of the worst in football and Tannehill, while not a statue, isn't going to bail them out the way Malik's legs can. 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You know who hasn't looked good at all is Treylon Burks. He's struggled with conditioning over the summer and barely did anything in his preseason debut. You don't want to make judgments this soon in a player's career but he's had about the worst start a 1st rounder can have.

 

I was speaking to a guy who works for a Titans podcast who has been at some of their camp practices about Burks and he said he thinks he has generally done well in camp but that he came in "looking like a defensive end" and while he has always been a thicker, bigger type that would be a concern. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...