Capitol One The Match (Allen Tattoo)

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

I had one on a Par 3, 95 yard hole. My claim to fame though is a Double Eagle on a 540 Par 5 at Whirpool in Niagara Falls, Ontario. 

I'll take a double eagle anyway. Toughest score in golf. Josh will improve and be back with a vengeance. Just like football. Damn the Wynn course is $600, yikes....yet still cheaper than a ticket at SoFi.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, TheNorwoodStrangler said:

We'll I didn't get the autograph but on 2nd hole I yelled "I love you Josh Allen" and to top of the s*** talking on the tee at #7 as soon as Brady hit his ball I yelled "Vinatieri made you" hahaha They both were loud on TV..

Totally heard the I love you Josh loud and clear, immediately wondered if the Beas was anywhere close by? 🤔

Football wise this may be the best ending for us, now Josh has a bone to pick with Rogers the only one of the two he's going to play next year, most likely.

Also entertainment wise Josh and Brady were the best, while Mahomes and Rogers were the better golfers, honestly if it wasn't for Rogers carrying Brady you might forget he was there he had so little to say.

12 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Josh might look “ chunky” compared to Brady but while sitting at the post match interview, you see his pecs and overall frame are just much larger than the other the qbs , and I’m pretty sure after seeing Dawkins comments about Josh hitting the off-season weight training, that’s prob just more muscle mass than!  

The chunky comment was something Brady was just waiting to break out and had prob practiced in front if the mirror for weeks.  I thought the whole thing was better once all the rehearsed "trash talk" was out of the way.

I saw one interview with Josh this off-season where someone asked about his diet etc and basically he said that is one thing he really doesn't focus on at all. I think in the coming years it will be one of the next "areas of improvement" he will really work on and he will show up a ripped lean 245 block of muscle.  That should be fun for DBs

Edited by stevewin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The chunky comment was something Brady was just waiting to break out and had prob practiced in front if the mirror for weeks.  I thought the whole thing was better once all the rehearsed "trash talk" was out of the way.

I saw one interview with Josh this off-season where someone asked about his diet etc and basically he said that is one thing he really doesn't focus on at all. I think in the coming years it will be one of the next "areas of improvement" he will really work on and he will show up a ripped lean 245 block of muscle.  That should be fun for DBs

Or, he could continue the trajectory and end up Big Ben-like. We don't know. It worked fine for Ben. He just lost his mobility.

• Like (+1) 1

Of the 4 golfers, it was obvious that Josh has played the least golf.  I'm quite sure that he has just recently taken up the game.  But knowing how much he loves the game and knowing how hard Josh will work to improve,  next year will be a lot different.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tomur67 said:

Of the 4 golfers, it was obvious that Josh has played the least golf.  I'm quite sure that he has just recently taken up the game.  But knowing how much he loves the game and knowing how hard Josh will work to improve,  next year will be a lot different.

Josh took the redeye and is back already at OTAs per One Bills Live.  Right now he's taking his football more seriously than his golf.  Fine by me.

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

It's cool to see Allen and Mahomes in this type of event.  It cements who the marquee QB's are in the AFC.  I am looking forward to more Chiefs - Bills for years to come and if KC can't win it, I want it to be the Bills.

As annoying as the Chiefs have been the last few years, it is nice to see how friendly a relationship the two of them have.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Draconator said:

I had one on a Par 3, 95 yard hole. My claim to fame though is a Double Eagle on a 540 Par 5 at Whirpool in Niagara Falls, Ontario. 

Congrats!  Love that course, but can't remember the fifth hole...it's been too long.

My hatred for Tom Brady has definitely cooled since he left the Patriots...especially since I had to root for him in Super Bowl LV because I really didn't want the Chiefs to win. But, I never thought I could actually kind of like him...until maybe watching this.

Not only did Tom have a nice rapport with Josh (he obviously really likes/respects Josh and his game...and it definitely felt like he connected with Josh better/more so than the other two), but Tom also kind of shouted out Bills Mafia two or three times, most notably when they came out to the first tee (or maybe for warm ups) and the Bills fans started singing the Shout song and Tom looked at Josh and said something like, "That's awesome...you gotta love that." 

I wonder if he sees a bit of himself in Josh...both northern California boys, both had to fight to get to where they are (Josh not recruited for college, Tom low draft pick), neither was just handed things, etc.

And Shout Out to the OP...definitely heard the "I love you Josh Allen" and I'm sure you must have been part of singing the Shout song too. 👍

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Congrats!  Love that course, but can't remember the fifth hole...it's been too long.

It's been a long time for me also. I totally lucked out. Hit my drive about 270 on the fairway. The 2nd shot was a low stinger, 2 bounces, hit the flag, and drops straight down into the hole. It was witnessed by a player on the then NIke tour so that was cool. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Billsy 🙃 

My thoughts exactly.

There was a thread a while back I recall. Maybe by Virgil saying that term should be retired. I sort of agreed at the time but not sure I do any longer. Not after the 13 second debacle. Yes, the Bills are good again. As good as those early 90's teams. But they still suffer from some sort of curse. Billsy will be officially retired when they win it all. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

My thoughts exactly.

There was a thread a while back I recall. Maybe by Virgil saying that term should be retired. I sort of agreed at the time but not sure I do any longer. Not after the 13 second debacle. Yes, the Bills are good again. As good as those early 90's teams. But they still suffer from some sort of curse. Billsy will be officially retired when they win it all. 

Because we lived it for decades… absolutely 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.