John Clayton died today.

Arkady Renko

John Clayton was my favorite segment on WGR every week and an absolute staple on ESPN for years and years. It always amazed me that he gave us his time every week on local Buffalo radio even when the Bills sucked. I know he got paid for it, but you could always tell he wasn't really doing it just for the money. This man loved football. He was a smart, funny, self-deprecating and incredibly knowledgeable. He was a nerd's nerd, who was also respected by all the jocks. He was both entertaining and thoughtful and I am truly sorry to see him go. What a legend!

RIP

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

Sad.  Always liked him. 

He was adamant that Russell Wilson was never getting traded, i was shocked to not hear him when Russell was, must have had health problems. RIP John 😢

3 hours ago, Dr. Football said:

john clayton slayer GIF by ADWEEK
One of my favorite commercials. R.I.P. John Clayton 😢 

Definitely. Wonder if he really liked Metal ?

Wow. How sad! I rrally used to enjoy his Schopp and Bulldog segments. Not because he was super knowledgable but because he was nice and polite and they could literally throw anything at him and he would try and answer it. They were funny and awkward in equal measure at times. As has already been referred to I think his wife is quite ill and has been for a while. My thoughts are with her. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.