BLOCKBUSTER! Packers Trade Adams to Vegas

Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, Estro said:

It's definitely a big swing for the Raiders, but giving up a 1st & 2nd plus forking over $28.25M per yr to a WR that will be 30 in December may not end up being a smart move.

There are some WRs that produce into their mid 30s, but there are more that hit a wall @ 31-32. 

Great points , and Carr is no Rodgers.  Man,  the AFC just got a whole ton of talent dumped into it this preseason and this is all before the draft ! This is another example of irresponsible spending by a gm as there is no way Adams lives up to that value with Carr throwing the ball and with all the other talented teams in that division. I get trying to do something with all the talent influx , but you have to be realistic with Carr as yoir qb : no way a wr returns value at that price getting throw to by Carr. 

I don’t think he will come close to the production he had in Green Bay as other teams will be scoring and holding onto the ball in that division and I think the Raiders would be smarter to try running the ball and keeping possession rather than trying to keep up with Maholmes , Wilson, and the San Diego qb, as Carr is arguably the worst qb in that division now. Raiders being the Raiders tho even with a new staff in place. Some things never change !  Ownership does play a role in how the franchise performs year after year , and any guy who.rocks that hair cut as an owner is proof he makes bad decisions daily !😃

3 hours ago, Tanoros said:

True, however that was awhile ago now and for the last few years they have been knocking on the door, not getting a wr or even something other than qb with a late first, could have changed everything for them. That team has been so close, and hitting on a 5 year cost controlled contract would have been big for them. 

The other reason I bring it up is because, Rodgers winning only one Super Bowl would end up being something people point too when discussing his legacy when he is retired. Everyone always talks about SuperBowl wins/mvps, and league mvps. 

I should have been more clear in how I said that. I was referring to this latest opportunity they have had with LaFluer as head coach. 

Good point. As far as his legacy goes, I don't think it matters much, as long as he won one. Great QBs usually win one or two at most, some not at all. John Elway and Peyton Manning, for instance, will still be considered 2 of the greatest of all time. Rodgers is already discussed as possibly better than them.

Stunned at this trade.  Adams probably didn’t want to have to deal the garbage heap that is Aaron Rodgers any more.  Especially if GB really did offer more cash.

Rodgers must not really care to win if he knew Adams would not be signed when he got his contract.

Ill say it again, I Love Josh Allen!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

So will they trade one of those picks for Kunerow?

Trade?!  If I were the Bills, I would be hiring a bodyguard to prevent Kumerow's kidnapping and subsequent brainwashing by forces loyal to AR. 

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

18 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I thought Of that initially, but after thinking deeper, I’m not sure it changes anything. WR was a pretty big need for the Raiders anyways. Almost as much as the Pack. A WR is as likely to go at that pick now as he was before the trade. 

I’d also say Green Bay probably isn’t super likely to take a guy they aren’t sure will be ready to play as a rookie. We’ll see what their WR group looks like at the end of free agency anyways. I have to imagine they’ll sign one or two. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Damn there goes our shot at Jameson 

if Williams is the guy you want, why would GB, absent a # 1 WR draft a guy they won’t have for 8+ games, will need time to gel with the QB, won’t be fully healthy till year 2 cause ACL usually take that long despite being able to play on it earlier when there are multiple other healthy options that make sense 

11 hours ago, Bills Juggernaut said:

Grrrrrrrr……. Not liking this trade. Packers get in front of us to take another first round WR off the board. I was hoping 1st WR/2nd CB. Now it’s probably 1st CB/2nd WR. 

To be fair Raiders were in WR market probably too anyway. This just makes it almost certainty that WR goes 22.

In the ends, Fodgers endless drama, bogus holdout, etc over “GB not giving him weapons…something something” was all total BS on his part.  It was (surprise) a well thought out money play.  He didn’t care if they were trading his best weapon.  He got paid.

that’s all this was ever about. 

I do give him kudos for this though.  He took endless public hits to get his money.  

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

They'll end up signing OBJ and Beasley, then trade for Bob Woods, then they'll draft Jameson Williams. Kaaron will be fine.

Nothing like a bunch of receivers coming off ACL injuries to get a QB jacked up.

As good as Diggs is, there’s no way I’m paying him or any other receiver Davante Adams money. It’s not a premium position, you can split that money into two very good receivers and get more bang for your buck.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

In the ends, Fodgers endless drama, bogus holdout, etc over “GB not giving him weapons…something something” was all total BS on his part.  It was (surprise) a well thought out money play.  He didn’t care if they were trading his best weapon.  He got paid.

that’s all this was ever about. 

I do give him kudos for this though.  He took endless public hits to get his money.  

Green Bay gave him all the ammo he needed when they picked Love round 1. 

Now, Mayfield has the playbook.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.