Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

23 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I'm starting to think they might actually take Hall at 25. If the rumors about them being interested in Etienne last year are true I think they might think this is good value in that it is a position of need and someone who can step in and make a difference. There's probably going to be like 4 CB's taken by the time they pick. Do you want the 5th best CB or the best RB?

Everybody likes to point to them being interested in Etienne as reasoning that we'll be in on Hall. Two things - 1.) Hall is not Etienne. 2.) There's no saying that we would have taken Etienne at 30 if he were there. People made the connection (just as they're doing this season) that his value was in where we were selecting and that we don't have a game breaking RB.

But I'd bet dollars to donuts that we still would have selected Rousseau, even if Etienne were there. They said they didn't expect him to be there. I doubt we would have passed on him for a RB. Hell, we STILL selected another DE after we took Rousseau. Which says to me DE was the focal point going in. 

Beane's MO is to not spend premium draft picks or premium money on the RB position. And I think that's the right call. We're only looking for a complimentary back next to Singletary. That's why we agreed to a deal with McKissic for 3.5 million per. If selecting Hall in the first were a thought, we wouldn't have made that move. And you don't shift from that to taking a guy in the 1st. It doesn't make sense.

27 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Yeah but a good likelihood Hall will be gone before pick 57 and possibly Walker also.

So? You don't reach for a guy just because they won't be there 32 picks later. Especially at that position. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Everybody likes to point to them being interested in Etienne as reasoning that we'll be in on Hall. Two things - 1.) Hall is not Etienne. 2.) There's no saying that we would have taken Etienne at 30 if he were there. People made the connection (just as they're doing this season) that his value was in where we were selecting and that we don't have a game breaking RB.

But I'd bet dollars to donuts that we still would have selected Rousseau, even if Etienne were there. They said they didn't expect him to be there. I doubt we would have passed on him for a RB. Hell, we STILL selected another DE after we took Rousseau. Which says to me DE was the focal point going in. 

Beane's MO is to not spend premium draft picks or premium money on the RB position. And I think that's the right call. We're only looking for a complimentary back next to Singletary. That's why we agreed to a deal with McKissic for 3.5 million per. If selecting Hall in the first were a thought, we wouldn't have made that move. And you don't shift from that to taking a guy in the 1st. It doesn't make sense.

So? You don't reach for a guy just because they won't be there 32 picks later. Especially at that position. 

Not a reach lol who do you want there?  Better be a guaranteed stud

6 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Not a reach lol who do you want there?  Better be a guaranteed stud

In relation to my point, he is. Najee Harris was taken at 24 and Travis Etienne were taken at 25. Breece Hall may be (and I'm not even convinced he is) the top RB in the Draft. But he's not the prospect that both of them were, nor did he have the college career, or production that they did. Again, I'm predicting a RB will not go as high as they did.

As for who I want in Round 1? A Cornerback. Idk if you've noticed, but we don't have a CB2 and our CB1 won't be ready to start the season. We're looking at starting Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis right now.

And if we don't retain Bates, we'll need a Starting Guard. And Beane has spoken of needing speed at WR. We don't have that.

I'm in on taking a RB. But I think a good one can be had in Round 3. People need to stop obsessing over one guy. Watch some James Cook footage. Check out Isaiah Spiller. Breece Hall isn't so much better that he's worth ignoring other needs just to have the "It" guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I'm not anywhere near the draft guru that a lot of you guys are. I don't follow college football much. Have the Bills even talked to Breece Hall?

No, we didn't. We did meet with Rachaad White though. But he's not Breece Hall, so he's apparently not worth talking about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

In relation to my point, he is. Najee Harris was taken at 24 and Travis Etienne were taken at 25. Breece Hall may be (and I'm not even convinced he is) the top RB in the Draft. But he's not the prospect that both of them were, nor did he have the college career, or production that they did. Again, I'm predicting a RB will not go as high as they did.

As for who I want in Round 1? A Cornerback. Idk if you've noticed, but we don't have a CB2 and our CB1 won't be ready to start the season. We're looking at starting Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis right now.

And if we don't retain Bates, we'll need a Starting Guard. And Beane has spoken of needing speed at WR. We don't have that.

I'm in on taking a RB. But I think a good one can be had in Round 3. People need to stop obsessing over one guy. Watch some James Cook footage. Check out Isaiah Spiller. Breece Hall isn't so much better that he's worth ignoring other needs just to have the "It" guy.

I like Breece and Walker.  If not one of them.. why take one at all.  Fill the hole at CB,  OLine, maybe LB and/or WR.  I will  check out Cook…Borgi could be an interesting late round 3rd down Back. . not a huge Spiller fan but who knows how he would perform in this offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Magnum Force said:

I like Breece and Walker.  If not one of them.. why take one at all. 

You do understand most star RB's in the league weren't selected in Round 1, right? And Breece Hall doesn't have the complete skillset of the studs that were. 

If this were two seasons ago and you focused only on the top two guys, CEH and D'Andre Swift, and said "why take one at all" if you can't get one of them - you'd have had us not drafting the 3rd best prospect, Jonathan Taylor 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

But he's not the prospect that both of them were, nor did he have the college career, or production that they did.

??? Najeh Harris team was loaded with NFL players. Breece Hall has probably 2. Hall's usage rate was one of the highest in college. Set NCAA record with TDs. 1700+ yards 2 years in a row and he's not productive? Blasphemy. Some scouts are comparing Hall to Jonathan Taylor

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You do understand most star RB's in the league weren't selected in Round 1, right? And Breece Hall doesn't have the complete skillset of the studs that were. 

If this were two seasons ago and you focused only on the top two guys, CEH and D'Andre Swift, and said "why take one at all" if you can't get one of them - you'd have had us not drafting the 3rd best prospect, Jonathan Taylor 

Taylor was taken 2nd Round pick 41 and could have easily been the first RB taken  and a 1st round pick.   He was taken after pick 25 and before pick 57.  

• Like (+1) 1

I just started watching tape on Hall.  He doesn’t look as fast as his 40 time, but he also wasn’t getting caught from behind.  However, he wasn’t playing top tier talent. 

He looks like he runs a little stiffs, it’s hard to explain.  

Kid likes to use the spin move a lot.  

I will say this, he makes great cuts and does so while moving forward.  It’s actually impressive.  He doesn’t dance so much as he zig zags.  I could definitely see him getting the tough yards between the tackles.  

I need to watch more, but I don’t hate the pick.  DB is the most pressing need, but I trust McD and Beane at that position to evaluate talent and take one whenever they need too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

I'm not anywhere near the draft guru that a lot of you guys are. I don't follow college football much. Have the Bills even talked to Breece Hall?

In this combine report, it appears the Bills spoke with Rachaad White, Isaiah Spiller, Brian Robinson, and James Cook. If the Bills are looking for a bigger back, you’d have to think we are looking at Breece Hall though, maybe they’re trying to hide their interest in him? When we drafted Gabriel Davis, I don’t believe there was any contact with him at all and nobody saw it coming. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I just started watching tape on Hall.  He doesn’t look as fast as his 40 time, but he also wasn’t getting caught from behind.  However, he wasn’t playing top tier talent. 

He looks like he runs a little stiffs, it’s hard to explain.  

Kid likes to use the spin move a lot.  

I will say this, he makes great cuts and does so while moving forward.  It’s actually impressive.  He doesn’t dance so much as he zig zags.  I could definitely see him getting the tough yards between the tackles.  

I need to watch more, but I don’t hate the pick.  DB is the most pressing need, but I trust McD and Beane at that position to evaluate talent and take one whenever they need too. 

Watch the Kenneth Walker Highlight video I posted and tell me what you think.  They both have their individual qualities.  Nics breakdown of Breece. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Here’s a great breakdown for you

Thanks for this. Pretty impressive speed for a guy his size. Those that are making the argument that he didn't play against top talent? Josh Allen didn't either and look where he is now. Beane and McDermott ultimately have the final say in this. But I don't see him lasting til 57. 

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

??? Najeh Harris team was loaded with NFL players. Breece Hall has probably 2. Hall's usage rate was one of the highest in college. Set NCAA record with TDs. 1700+ yards 2 years in a row and he's not productive? Blasphemy. Some scouts are comparing Hall to Jonathan Taylor

Not unless he is a 2nd or a 3rd round pick. The problem is we will not be a run heavy offense, so it is a poor use of our 1st round draft capital. We have an immediate window to win now. We MUST have a capable CB2 NOW and not just recycled 1 year old man rentals. Now maybe the team already knows the Giants CB is going to be available and are waiting it out but that’s very risky. Best available pick is true only when you don’t have a gaping hole at a key starter role. We do not have a competent CB2 and Tre is still hurt. Corner depth killed us last year and maybe cost us the SB. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

We MUST have a capable CB2 NOW and not just recycled 1 year old man rentals. Now maybe the team already knows the Giants CB is going to be available and are waiting it out but that’s very risky.

We're 7.6 million over the cap (plus Taiwan Jones' contract that we don't have the details on). We gotta free up around 10 million just to sign our picks. No way we're fitting Bradbury in. Maybe we can swing an E.J. Gaines level journeyman CB to join our Rookie, but you're right, we HAVE to draft a quality CB.

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

Corner depth killed us last year and maybe cost us the SB. 

Really?? It was our starting CB2 that got scorched by Tyreek. I don’t remember any other teams killing us through the air. Colts and Patriots ran ball down our throats. I’m not saying for the offense to be run heavy, but it would be nice to have a RB that would put fear in a defense 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

In relation to my point, he is. Najee Harris was taken at 24 and Travis Etienne were taken at 25. Breece Hall may be (and I'm not even convinced he is) the top RB in the Draft. But he's not the prospect that both of them were, nor did he have the college career, or production that they did

😂 😂 😂 

Edited by Pete

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We're 7.6 million over the cap (plus Taiwan Jones' contract that we don't have the details on). We gotta free up around 10 million just to sign our picks. No way we're fitting Bradbury in. Maybe we can swing an E.J. Gaines level journeyman CB to join our Rookie, but you're right, we HAVE to draft a quality CB.

They aren’t 7.6 million over the cap.  With the top 51 contracts they are right around even.  

The more I watch Kenneth Walker the more I like him.  He has incredibly quick feet, great initial cuts and he can change direction with suddenness and burst.  He gears up quickly after cuts and finds open space with decisiveness.  He’s pretty evasive with great lateral movement and balance. I Iike how he has a tendency to finish his runs initiating contact and physicality.  He has burst, vision and instincts… not much to not like about him as a runner.  His pass blocking could use some improvement and his receiving skills are sort of an unkown.  Will his impressive college game translate to the pro level with the same success? Maybe with the Buffalo Bills lol

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Meanwhile, we were 2.5M under the cap when FA started and made room to sign several good starters. We can make room for Bradberry if we think he’s worth it

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

I like Breece and Walker.  If not one of them.. why take one at all.  Fill the hole at CB,  OLine, maybe LB and/or WR.  I will  check out Cook…Borgi could be an interesting late round 3rd down Back. . not a huge Spiller fan but who knows how he would perform in this offense. 

What?  Why take one?  So, we can replace Singletary next year.  I'm not satisfied with Moss.

I wish the discussion was about RBs that are there in the 3/4th.  That should be our target zone.  I would like to see the FO have a target in mind in the 4th, and maybe even trade up from the 4th to get him.  Having 4th round picks as integral part of the team is a great strategy for long term success.  Fill premium positions first - WR, CB, and then maybe IOL.

Tyler Allgier, Brian Robinson, James Cook, Kyren Williams.  One of these non-primma donna RBs that can be groomed w a year prep into the starting role.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

38 minutes ago, eball said:

I could live with us taking Hall in the 1st.

Who is going to block for him?  OL needs reinforcements more than the RBs do.  CB is a MUCH bigger need.  I would put another WR above RB as well.

Think back over the past several drafts.  Every year ther are “great” RB prospects, but yet there are only a few RBs in the league who really cause defenses problems consistently.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

The more I watch Kenneth Walker the more I like him.  He has incredibly quick feet, great initial cuts and he can change direction with suddenness and burst.  He gears up quickly after cuts and finds open space with decisiveness.  He’s pretty evasive with great lateral movement and balance. I Iike how he has a tendency to finish his runs initiating contact and physicality.  He has burst, vision and instincts… not much to not like about him as a runner.  His pass blocking could use some improvement and his receiving skills are sort of an unkown.  Will his impressive college game translate to the pro level with the same success? Maybe with the Buffalo Bills lol

Yeah, I liked his tape the most, but the Bills never met with him, or any of the other marquee RBs as far as we know.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would put another WR above RB as well.

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:
1 hour ago, eball said:

Who is going to block for him?

The same person going to block for the QB throwing to the WR 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

We don't need any Bleached Hall in Buffalo

Keep your rebuilt Motor then 

3 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

Even in his highlights I see that Walker, too often, tries to bounce it outside and beat the defender to the sideline.  That's not going to fly at the NFL level.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/17/2022 at 6:26 AM, Rochesterfan said:

Just say No.

Give me a value position in the first - CB/WR - even if they pick up more guys via FA.

Hall would be ok, but I would much rather see the Bills move back than draft Hall in the 1st.  If they can get him early 2nd and pick up another CB/WR later then great, but RBs are so devalued that they should not be allowed in the first at all.  

Their initial contract with a 5th year option already prices them out of what you should pay a RB.  For example Harris taken in Round 1 last year will be over a 4 million cap hit in year 4 and the 5th year option will double that.  

You can pick up fresh FA RBs at 1/2 that cost year after year.  

This ^^^^ it’s also less likely that a RB is kept on a 2nd contract.  I think the Bills go IOL or CB 1st round.  RB in the 1st in today’s NFL is a gadget pick not a long term pick

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I could live with us taking Hall in the 1st.

His superb catching abilities is what will seal overall draft position. Dude is dangerous with the underneath stuff. I have visions of Allen check downing teams to death with Breece. People want to say Duke Johnson will fill that role, but the problem is he isn’t that great of a runner and teams will see that he’s in and just play the pass with him. Having Breece Hall back there and you have to account for anything and everything. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1