Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

50 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Wallace, Dane Jackson. Dane is a great CB. He held his own. 

I don’t think any of these guys will have Wilson, Herbert, Mahomes, Watson, or Burrow shaking in their Nikes. Dane is an unknown and Wallace was a below average CB2. Doesn’t hurt when both of your safeties are Pro Bowelers either. If we start the 2022 season with Dane as our CB1 and anything beyond a 3rd round rookie starting at CB2, we’re in deep trouble. 

54 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Don’t just concern yourself with his Buffalo tenure. He had several late rounders ball out for him Carolina…especially Josh Norman. 

You mean over 5 years ago when he wasn’t even the GM and had a completely different scouting department?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

Who exactly is this “great talent” at CB Beane has found in the later rounds?

He hasn’t found “great talent”, so yea.. that’s not accurate, but we had solid starting play from a pairing of a recent late round draft pick and recent UDFA for almost half the season last year after Tre went down.  

If we can snag a cheap veteran FA corner at some point before the draft, I wouldn’t be opposed to Buffalo going all offense RD’s 1-3 (WR, RB, G). Then take a couple corners and another OL in RD’s 4-6.  Not sure where Hall is projected, but he does seem to fit exactly what we’re looking for.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He hasn’t found “great talent”, so yea.. that’s not accurate, but we had solid starting play from a pairing of a recent late round draft pick and recent UDFA for almost half the season last year after Tre went down.  

If we can snag a cheap veteran FA corner at some point before the draft, I wouldn’t be opposed to Buffalo going all offense RD’s 1-3.   Say RD1 Breece Hall, RD2 WR, RD3 G.  Then take a couple corners in RD’s 4-6.  

And that offense will have to score 40 points a game to win much.  The CB position (currently) is a mess.  A "cheap vet" isn't going to be the answer - hasn't been the past few years when they've brought in aged vets who previously were good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If we can snag a cheap veteran FA corner at some point before the draft, I wouldn’t be opposed to Buffalo going all offense RD’s 1-3.   Say RD1 Breece Hall, RD2 WR, RD3 G.  Then take a couple corners in RD’s 4-6.  

This is what I’d personally do. 

I’d draft either Jameson/Dotson with the 25th pick. I’d trade back up to around 35 and draft Breece Hall (likely give up one of our picks next year). 3rd round OG, 4th round CB, 5th round OG, 6th round Araiza, other 6th round OG. 

9 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

And that offense will have to score 40 points a game to win much.  The CB position (currently) is a mess.  A "cheap vet" isn't going to be the answer - hasn't been the past few years when they've brought in aged vets who previously were good.

The DL should absolutely help our corners.  It’s not just Von Miller, it’s the 3 young guys all now working with Von and entering the years you expect them to start making a jump at their position.   It’s also our revamped DT room, which now has 3 guys who have pass rush ability.  

We also have a top notch safety tandem to help stabilize the secondary and Tre White will be back, likely at some point around Weeks 5-8 (at the latest)

I’m certainly not opposed to taking a McDuffie, Booth, Elam etc in RD1, and maybe that’s the smart thing to do, but we have a very friendly CB scheme on defense and now, what looks to be, a top end DL.  

Saying we’d need to score 40 with a defense that has Von Miller, Ed Oliver, a deep DL rotation, Edmunds, Milano, Johnson, Poyer and Hyde just doesn’t compute with me.. even without Tre early on. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’m sorry, but put Breece collegiate resume up against Walker’s 

I’m sorry, but put almost every collegiate QBs careers up to Josh Allens…..  we could go on for days comparing great college players to decent college players.  Hundreds of decent college Players turn out better than the great college backs. Compare Ron Daynes college career to Alvin Kamaras.  

Halls usage in college doesn’t help his case imo.  Nfl front offices would prefer a RB with 500 touches to a Rb with 800 touches.   

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The DL should absolutely help our corners.  It’s not just Von Miller, it’s the 3 young guys all now working with Von and entering the years you expect them to start making a jump at their position.   It’s also our revamped DT room, which now has 3 guys who have pass rush ability.  

We also have a top notch safety tandem to help stabilize the secondary and Tre White will be back, likely at some point around Weeks 5-8. 

I’m certainly not opposed to taking a McDuffie, Booth, Elam etc in RD1, and maybe that’s the smart thing to do, but we have a very friendly CB scheme on defense and now, what looks to be, a top end DL.  

Saying we’d need to score 40 with a defense that has Von Miller, Ed Oliver, a deep DL rotation, Edmunds, Milano, Johnson, Poyer and Hyde just doesn’t compute with me.. even without Tre early on. 

Agreed. I’d much rather invest that draft capital into keeping our fastball. Get an elite WR and elite RB. Then focus on OG and CBs the rest of the draft. We need to go mostly all offense this draft. I’m tired of neglecting it. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is what I’d personally do. 

I’d draft either Jameson/Dotson with the 25th pick. I’d trade back up to around 35 and draft Breece Hall (likely give up one of our picks next year). 3rd round OG, 4th round CB, 5th round OG, 6th round Araiza, other 6th round OG. 

That will likely cost next year's first and if they draft Williams, still leaves a very shallow WR group until Williams is ready to contribute (if he gets there this year).  

I like Williams and Dotson, but I can't imagine the secondary playing as it is currently configured - even if they get some old vet on his last legs to play opposite of Dane Jackson if White isn't ready for the season start.  I also recognize that receiver is a need area, but that position seems deeper in the draft than corner.  

I don't have any interest in trading this year's 2nd and next year's first or 2nd for Breece Hall.  Too many needs at CB and WR to be doing that - in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If we can snag a cheap veteran FA corner at some point before the draft, I wouldn’t be opposed to Buffalo going all offense RD’s 1-3 (WR, RB, G). Then take a couple corners and another OL in RD’s 4-6.  Not sure where Hall is projected, but he does seem to fit exactly what we’re looking for.  

I wouldn’t mind either, but the problem with our cornerbacks is evident when we’ve played KC in the playoffs. Our coaching staff didn’t trust our corners and it showed….and that’s one of the reasons our season ended. We played crap QBs last year. We play much better qbs and passing attacks this season. We’re going to need immediate impact from whomever Beane decides on imo.  

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We also have a top notch safety tandem to help stabilize the secondary and Tre White will be back, likely at some point around Weeks 5-8 (at the latest)

So, who is playing CB if White misses, say, the first month of the regular season?   Jackson is not a proven starter and has is not a special athlete for the position.  Do you want to line up with Jackson and Siran Neal at outside CB with Taron Johnson manning the slot?  Do you really think that the pass rush is going to be so much better that you can put anyone with a pulse at CB and expect to be good?

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That will likely cost next year's first and if they draft Williams, still leaves a very shallow WR group until Williams is ready to contribute (if he gets there this year).  

I like Williams and Dotson, but I can't imagine the secondary playing as it is currently configured - even if they get some old vet on his last legs to play opposite of Dane Jackson if White isn't ready for the season start.  I also recognize that receiver is a need area, but that position seems deeper in the draft than corner.  

I don't have any interest in trading this year's 2nd and next year's first or 2nd for Breece Hall.  Too many needs at CB and WR to be doing that - in my opinion.

Agreed.  Trading a 1st or 2nd next year plus this years 2nd for a RB is a terrible idea.  I think he believes that he can trade our 2nd + a 3rd or 4th next year to move up that far.    It doesn’t work like that. 

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m sorry, but put almost every collegiate QBs careers up to Josh Allens…..  we could go on for days comparing great college players to decent college players.  Hundreds of decent college Players turn out better than the great college backs. Compare Ron Daynes college career to Alvin Kamaras.  

Halls usage in college doesn’t help his case imo.  Nfl front offices would prefer a RB with 500 touches to a Rb with 800 touches.   

Kamara’s numbers are an outlier. The vast majority of the top RBs in the league routinely have great college resumes. Go ahead and post the numbers. Taylor, Henry, Barkley, Harris, Cook, CMC, Jones, Hunt, Chubb, Mixon, EIliott, Dobbins, Swift, etc. They all had great numbers. The larger the numbers, the better the player it seems like. Look at Henry’s 2000 yard college season and Taylor’s big numbers. Even Dalvin Cook had large numbers. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Can you imagine our offense with Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Jameson/Dotson, Breece Hall, Singletary, Allen?  Yes please. 

Can you imagine our offense with Cody ford and Spencer brown on the right side.  

You act as if an OG in the 3rd round fixes everything at RG. Drafting Cody ford in the 2nd just made us worse.  Weapons are great and I hope we add a playmaker or 2, but if our OL stinks, so do our playmakers.  

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Kamara’s numbers are an outlier. The vast majority of the top RBs in the league routinely have great college resumes. Go ahead and post the numbers. Taylor, Henry, Barkley, Harris, Cook, CMC, Jones, Hunt, Chubb, Mixon, EIliott, Dobbins, Swift, etc. They all had great numbers. The larger the numbers, the better the player it seems like. Look at Henry’s 2000 season and Taylor’s big numbers. Even Dalvin Cook had large numbers. 

How many of those RBs have won Super Bowls again?  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

So, who is playing CB if White misses, say, the first month of the regular season?   Jackson is not a proven starter and has is not a special athlete for the position.  Do you want to line up with Jackson and Siran Neal at outside CB with Taron Johnson manning the slot?  Do you really think that the pass rush is going to be so much better that you can put anyone with a pulse at CB and expect to be good?

I’m perfectly fine limping along until White gets back. There is just to much WR talent in this years draft to take a CB early. Plus we looked at McKissic and we need a RB that fits that role, and that would likely be Breece Hall. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Can you imagine our offense with Cody ford and Spencer brown on the right side.  

You act as if an OG in the 3rd round fixes everything at RG. Drafting Cody ford in the 2nd just made us worse.  Weapons are great and I hope we add a playmaker or 2, but if our OL stinks, so do our playmakers.  

How many of those RBs have won Super Bowls again?  

RBs by themselves will not win you a Super Bowl, but elite RBs help an elite QB to cook. Having a Derrick Henry or a Taylor make it so QBs have space to work with. Allen will be nearly unstoppable with an elite RB, regardless who we have behind the line, he can check down teams to death. That’s why we were looking at McKissic. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m perfectly fine limping along until White gets back. There is just to much WR talent in this years draft to take a CB early. Plus we looked at McKissic and we need a RB that fits that role, and that would likely be Breece Hall. 

RBs by themselves will not win you a Super Bowl, but elite RBs help an elite QB to cook. Having a Derrick Henry or a Taylor make it so QBs have space to work with. Allen will be nearly unstoppable with an elite RB, regardless who we have behind the line, he can check down teams to death. That’s why we were looking at McKissic. 

And of ALL of those elite RBs you named…..there’s not ONE Lombardi.  You don’t get it and I’ll let you to continue the crusade without dampening your spirits any more. Elite running backs are absent in the equation to win a super bowl.  Cornerbacks are 💯

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Beyond it wanting to spend this year’s 2nd and next year’s first or 2nd on a RB, I don’t think Hall is “elite”.  He is a good prospect, but I don’t see him as great.

12 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Like I said, im not opposed to drafting a RD1 CB.  It would have to be RD1 also, otherwise there’s no point on taking one until the middle rounds as elite trait guys will be gone by 57.  

Im also not opposed to going all offense RD1,2,3.  WR, RB, OG.  Sign a cheap FA vet and then draft two corners in RD4-6. 

While we’re a team building to win a Super Bowl, getting the 1 seed in the AFC will be massive moving forward, so I get the fear of entering the season without any above average talent at outside-corner… I’m just saying I think we can get by until Tre comes back with the upgraded DL and defensive scheme.  Just hope we don’t get LA & KC early in the season.