Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

But what makes you say that? Bills have taken RBs in the first many times. OJ, Marshawn, Spiller, and Thurman early 2nd. Rumors that we were interested in Najee and Eteniene last year. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they take one at 25. 

If they picked Najee or Etienne, it would have been a very bad decision on both counts as they would not have Rousseau. This is the Josh Allen team. Any running back is only going to account for a small portion of the offense unless they can catch the ball like an Etienne or McCaffrey. This isn't ground and pound and that is why I think it would be a bad decision and why I don't think they go there first round, unless Hall is far and away the BPA on the board.   

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If they picked Najee or Etienne, it would have been a very bad decision on both counts as they would not have Rousseau. This is the Josh Allen team. Any running back is only going to account for a small portion of the offense unless they can catch the ball like an Etienne or McCaffrey. This isn't ground and pound and that is why I think it would be a bad decision and why I don't think they go there first round, unless Hall is far and away the BPA on the board.   

Sure, if he's BPA in Round 2. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I honestly can’t believe people are over looking Hall. He has all the measurables that Marshawn had, and he’s faster. Hall has more rushing yards. I fully believe we were looking at Eteniene and Najee Harris. I fully believe Hall is better than those 2. 
I would cut Moss and let Singletary and Hall split carries. 
I would go RB/CB/WR 

Who’s overlooking him?  I believe Hall is a nice upgrade over our backs 💯.  People are overlooking the position of RB….because the nfl is doing the same exact thing.   Running backs are often injured and useless without an OL.  

let me ask you think.  Who’s the bigger upgrade, Hall over Motor or McDuffie/Gordon/Booth/Elam over Dane?  

Our focus should be on fortifying Josh allen and stopping the opponents pass O.  We currently have 1 healthy boundary corner 1….

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

4.39   40.   6’ 1” 217lbs.  A faster and bigger Marshawn Lynch.  Breece can run, catch, and block. He has 2 seasons with over 1,400 yards rushing. Out of all the running backs this year, he is the one I want the most. I really hope we can finally get a star RB to compliment Allen. I would roll with Breece and Singletary. 

I'll be honest, I didn't realize that he was 6'1, 217.  And ran a 4.3 40???  That is some serious speed packed into that big ol frame.  Sheesh....

Hall looks like a terrific prospect but I don't think the Bills will pull the trigger on a back that early in the draft.  I would guess round 4 to be the earliest round for a RB.  I have always thought that one big weakness this current team has is the lack of a back with size who can push the pile when needed.  Hate to see Josh having to keep it on third and short.  He'll get hurt eventually.  For that reason, I'd like to see the Bills go after someone with size (220+) and power, even if not the fastest in the world.  Would a guy like Hassan Haskins be available in the 4th round?     

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Sure, if he's BPA in Round 2. 

He likely won’t be there when we pick in the 2nd. 

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Who’s overlooking him?  I believe Hall is a nice upgrade over our backs 💯.  People are overlooking the position of RB….because the nfl is doing the same exact thing.   Running backs are often injured and useless without an OL.  

let me ask you think.  Who’s the bigger upgrade, Hall over Motor or McDuffie/Gordon/Booth/Elam over Dane?  

Our focus should be on fortifying Josh allen and stopping the opponents pass O.  We currently have 1 healthy boundary corner 1….

I honestly think Dane is good enough to hold his own. I honestly like Alontae Taylor for a 3rd or 4th round pick. He has decent speed and covers well. I’d much rather have an upgrade at RB to take pressure off Allen when needed. It’s imperative that we stop banging up Allen and let the RB do that. Breece Hall is a bruiser and faster than Motor. WR is deep enough that I’m fine with taking one later as well. I’d personally go RB, OG, WR, CB. 

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He likely won’t be there when we pick in the 2nd. 

I honestly think Dane is good enough to hold his own. I honestly like Alontae Taylor for a 3rd or 4th round pick. He has decent speed and covers well. I’d much rather have an upgrade at RB to take pressure off Allen when needed. It’s imperative that we stop banging up Allen and let the RB do that. Breece Hall is a bruiser and faster than Motor. WR is deep enough that I’m fine with taking one later as well. I’d personally go RB, OG, WR, CB. 

So we should count on a 3rd 4th rd pick to start his rookie year and win a super bowl.  Dane is ok….he’s a product of a system.  Similar to Levi imo.  Not very athletic or fast.  Guys double move right by him with Poyer and Hyde. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to not play 2 deep safeties.  

if Hall is the pick, I won’t be angry, but, after looking at the possible prospects available, I’d rather go OL or CB and take James Cook in rd 3-4

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m not answering this with any bias, but Hall is a better upgrade to Motor than any of those CBs over Dane. Now if you asked me to compare the CBs to Wallace, then we’d have a serious debate. Dane played admirably in place of Tre. I don’t remember teams really targeting him. Breece is a home run hitting RB that many fans have been craving for. Hall has “Thurman Thomas” abilities. Did Thurman hinder any of Kelly’s greatness?? No!! Only enlighten it. The Bills can go into this season with Diggs/Knox/Davis/OJ and Josh will still put up MVP numbers. Add a Thurman Thomas type back and draft a John Metchie/Calvin Austin in rd 3

• Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

So we should count on a 3rd 4th rd pick to start his rookie year and win a super bowl.  Dane is ok….he’s a product of a system.  Similar to Levi imo.  Not very athletic or fast.  Guys double move right by him with Poyer and Hyde. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to not play 2 deep safeties.  

if Hall is the pick, I won’t be angry, but, after looking at the possible prospects available, I’d m rather go OL or CB and take James Cook in rd 3-4

I’m not sure why, but I have supreme confidence in Dane. I have no qualms with your strategy. I’m ok with going OL/CB or even WR with how much talent is there. James Cook is another one of my top RB picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

I have always thought that one big weakness this current team has is the lack of a back with size who can push the pile when needed.  Hate to see Josh having to keep it on third and short.  He'll get hurt eventually.  For that reason, I'd like to see the Bills go after someone with size (220+) and power,

Breece Hall has been this ^ player at Iowa State 

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’m not answering this with any bias, but Hall is a better upgrade to Motor than any of those CBs over Dane. Now if you asked me to compare the CBs to Wallace, then we’d have a serious debate. Dane played admirably in place of Tre. I don’t remember teams really targeting him. Breece is a home run hitting RB that many fans have been craving for. Hall has “Thurman Thomas” abilities. Did Thurman hinder any of Kelly’s greatness?? No!! Only enlighten it. The Bills can go into this season with Diggs/Knox/Davis/OJ and Josh will still put up MVP numbers. Add a Thurman Thomas type back and draft a John Metchie/Calvin Austin in rd 3

This is pretty much where I stand. I trust Dane, especially with White coming back. I want supreme talent, and that’s what Breece Hall offers. I also wouldn’t mind a WR like WanDale in the 3rd. If we really must draft a CB, I feel like a guy like Alontae Taylor will be available. 

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

His extra speed burst reminds me of how OJ always turned it on. He runs almost exactly like he did. Breece is fast and has that OJ vibe going. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

f Hall is the pick, I won’t be angry, but, after looking at the possible prospects available, I’d rather go OL or CB and take James Cook in rd 3-4

There are CBs and OL you can take late and develop. James Cook, although fast, doesn’t have the girth to pick up a 3rd and short. Hall does and will prevent Josh from picking up those yards when needed

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Are people saying a Rb will hinder a qb?  

so you want to go rb, Cb, wR……and no OL?  If we draft a RB in 1-3 I really hope we draft an OL in 1-3 too.  Maybe we can sign a vet corner and go all offense in the draft.  I would like that.  

one thing that seems to stand out to me, those that really want a 1st rd RB always neglect the OL.  Most shiny toys don’t work very good without a battery.  We still currently have one good OL (Dawkins).  Morse is average. Saffold is a good run blocker, terrible in pass pro, average.  Bates is an unknown…especially in Kroger’s system.  Spencer is all potential and flashes upside…..but he was god awful in pass protection unless it was after he had already been beaten and made blocks during josh’s scramble drill.  If josh had a great OL, almost any RB we start would be a pro bowler.  But our OL isn’t great.  Not even close 

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I've just started watched some tape of these guys (RBs) and Hall looks terrific.  This draft is deep at WR and CB, so the Bills could target folks that could be available in round 3 or later.  Maybe the best possible scenario for the Bills is to hope to trade back and grab an extra pick that could land us Hall.  Still have to think CB is round 1 is the plan as of this minute, though.  

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

There are CBs and OL you can take late and develop. James Cook, although fast, doesn’t have the girth to pick up a 3rd and short. Hall does and will prevent Josh from picking up those yards when needed

All FOs value corner and OL before a Rb.  This isn’t rocket science.  Look at the draft numbers.  Look at the salaries. 

you can find ANY positions in rd 3-4, there are always diamonds in the rough.  You can’t argue with facts though.  The facts are, top running backs are trivial with regards to winning Super Bowls. There is no debate.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Are people saying a Rb will hinder a qb?  

so you want to go rb, Cb, wR……and no OL?  If we draft a RB in 1-3 I really hope we draft an OL in 1-3 too.  Maybe we can sign a vet corner and go all offense in the draft.  I would like that.  

one thing that seems to stand out to me, those that really want a 1st rd RB always neglect the OL.  Most shiny toys don’t work very good without a battery.  We still currently have one good OL (Dawkins).  Morse is average. Saffold is a good run blocker, terrible in pass pro, average.  Bates is an unknown…especially in Kroger’s system.  Spencer is all potential and flashes upside…..but he was god awful in pass protection unless it was after he had already been beaten and made blocks during josh’s scramble drill.  If josh had a great OL, almost any RB we start would be a pro bowler.  But our OL isn’t great.  Not even close 

I would go Breece Hall, Christian Watson, Lecitus Smith, and Alontae Taylor. 

15 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m not sure why, but I have supreme confidence in Dane. I have no qualms with your strategy. I’m ok with going OL/CB or even WR with how much talent is there. James Cook is another one of my top RB picks. 

And like I said, I wouldn’t hate the Hall pick because I think we’d be getting a potentially great RB for the next 4-5 years. I just hate the fact that it should already be a given that we let him go/trade him when his contract is up, because ain’t no rb worth the money he’ll probably get (if he’s the bell cow for this offense the next 4 years).  He’ll be a superstar.  I’d just rather have a superstar cb, WR or OL that we will be able to resign with making a huge mistake. Signing RBs to monster deals are mistakes imo.

Edited by NewEra

Just now, NewEra said:

And like I said, I wouldn’t hate the Hall pick because I think we’d be getting a potentially great RB for the next 4-5 years. I just hate the fact that it should already be a given that we let him go/trade him when his contract is up, because ain’t no rb worth the money he’ll probably get (if he’s the bell cow for this offense the next 4 years).  He’ll be a superstar.  I’d just rather have a superstar cb, WR or OL.  

I’m ok with that because it fits out super bowl window time frame. If Hall helps us win 1 or 2 Super Bowls during his rookie contract, I’m perfectly fine letting him go and rebuilding again. I believe getting the OG in free agency will allow us to grab another OG later in the rounds. I fully believe in Dane and good players like Alontae Taylor will be available later. Hall is just to good to pass up in my opinion. It’s incredibly rare to find a back with his speed and size that can do it all. Catch, block, run, and goal line. He’s the real deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m ok with that because it fits out super bowl window time frame. If Hall helps us win 1 or 2 Super Bowls during his rookie contract, I’m perfectly fine letting him go and rebuilding again. I believe getting the OG in free agency will allow us to grab another OG later in the rounds. I fully believe in Dane and good players like Alontae Taylor will be available later. Hall is just to good to pass up in my opinion. It’s incredibly rare to find a back with his speed and size that can do it all. Catch, block, run, and goal line. He’s the real deal. 

I hear ya.  I’ll look into Alontae, haven’t watched any tape. 

I mean tell me right now that a 4.39 back that is the size of Marshawn doesn’t excite you. Totally worthy of a pick at 25. Allen with Breece will be magic. I haven’t felt this confident in a running back in the early rounds in a long time. When I watch Breece I see a combination of OJ and Marshawn out there. 

• Like (+1) 1