Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

14 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

A buzzkill for always wanting to get better? So we can’t do better than Singletary and Moss? Breece Hall is elite. 

I agree that we need all of those things, but Breece Hall is the next Marshawn Lynch. I want to have an elite running back to pair with Allen. 

Copy that!! Especially the 4 words.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, motorj said:

With Von in the mix I don't see why the bills wouldn't get the best available CB in 1st

It could be argued that they could more easily get away with an average CB starting in the secondary with an upgraded pass rush,  especially in one of the less aggressive/risky coverage schemes. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Jonathan Taylor was early 2nd round. Top talent at RB still goes early. I still think Breece is worth it, could always take WR at 25 and trade up to around 35 and take Breece. 

Guarantee you he goes between 33-37.  I love this guy but Beane's going to have to have stones to get him.

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Guarantee you he goes between 33-37.  I love this guy but Beane's going to have to have stones to get him.

He’s worth a trade up. If you aren’t willing to trade up, just take him at 25. But I have a feeling they want a top WR. Breece is absolutely worth it though. 

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Jonathan Taylor was early 2nd round. Top talent at RB still goes early. I still think Breece is worth it, could always take WR at 25 and trade up to around 35 and take Breece. 

Early?  What’s early?  Early is top 10-15 imo.  There’s a reason Rbs aren’t drafted top 15. I believe there’s been 7 since 1010.  There’s been 19 RBs taken in the rd 1 since 2010. How many of those RBs have won a SB with the team that drafted them?  1- the rb drafted by Tom Brady’s team.  Lenny won one after being cut and signed by Tom Brady’s team.  The numbers suggest:  If you don’t have Tom Brady, don’t draft a RB in rd 1.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Early?  What’s early?  Early is top 10-15 imo.  There’s a reason Rbs aren’t drafted top 15. I believe there’s been 7 since 1010.  There’s been 19 RBs taken in the rd 1 since 2010. How many of those RBs have won a SB with the team that drafted them?  1- the rb drafted by Tom Brady’s team.  Lenny won one after being cut and signed by Tom Brady’s team.  The numbers suggest:  If you don’t have Tom Brady, don’t draft a RB in rd 1.

I mean early for the current modern era. Like 20-45. Plenty of modern elite RBs go in this range. I hope we are one of them this year. Not sure how anyone could want to pass up a 220lb RB that runs a 4.39 and catches as well as McKissic. 

We already have an elite QB, so it’s time to pair him with an elite RB, just like when we had Kelly and Thomas. Especially now that we have Miller. It’s time. 

If we had a Jonathan Taylor type RB, this team would be unstoppable. This is why I want Breece Hall so badly. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I mean early for the current modern era. Like 20-45. Plenty of modern elite RBs go in this range. I hope we are one of them this year. Not sure how anyone could want to pass up a 220lb RB that runs a 4.39 and catches as well as McKissic. 

We already have an elite QB, so it’s time to pair him with an elite RB, just like when we had Kelly and Thomas. Especially now that we have Miller. It’s time. 

If we had a Jonathan Taylor type RB, this team would be unstoppable. This is why I want Breece Hall so badly. 

Lol, disagree with that 💯.

We have an elite QB, now it’s time to pair him with an elite OL.  

agree to disagree.  You can’t look at our OL and think that it’s going to stop the stacked DLs being created around the league.  Brown is terrible is pass protection.  Saffold is terrible is pass protection.  Bates might not even be on the team and has little experience playing RG.  He might be good.  He might not. We have lots of questions marks on the OL and already have a capable back.  

the only thing this team can’t afford is to have josh allen get injured.  Protect him

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Name the elite QB/Rb tandems that have won Super Bowls….then look at their OLs and in almost every case, you’ll know why the RB was elite.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Lol, disagree with that 💯.

We have an elite QB, now it’s time to pair him with an elite OL.  

agree to disagree.  You can’t look at our OL and think that it’s going to stop the stacked DLs being created around the league.  Brown is terrible is pass protection.  Saffold is terrible is pass protection.  Bates might not even be on the team and has little experience playing RG.  He might be good.  He might not. We have lots of questions marks on the OL and already have a capable back.  

the only thing this team can’t afford is to have josh allen get injured.  Protect him

We still can protect him. Plenty of decent offensive linemen can be drafted after we get Hall. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We still can protect him. Plenty of decent offensive linemen can be drafted after we get Hall. 

And cornerbacks too.  And WRs.  Mmhmm

Edited by NewEra

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Most Mocks I have seen have him going in the 2nd.

Probably early second. Likely in the 35-40 range. 

Just now, Allen2Diggs said:

We need to draft a cb and wr in the first two rounds. Maybe even a guard if Bates leaves. I like Breece Hall a lot but we have much bigger needs.

Why CB? We hit so often on late round CBs, I’d like to continue that trend. WR, RB, OG are likely our first 3 picks. 

I think they're banking on the idea that Aaron Kromer and improved guard play will whip our line into shape. Between that and the emergence of Singletary as a dependable RB1 once they stopped with the "committee" stuff, I don't expect them to spend a high pick on a running back.

If we're able to use this thread to stan for a certain player to be drafted to add firepower to the offense, though, may I put in a vote for Jameson Wililams or Chris Olave or Jahan Dotson? Now that Beasley is gone, WR3 is a FAR bigger need than RB, and a speedy/explosive player there would do wonders for our passing game overall.

Edited by Logic

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why CB? We hit so often on late round CBs, I’d like to continue that trend. WR, RB, OG are likely our first 3 picks. 

We lost our #2 in free agency and Tre isn't guaranteed to be ready by week 1. Cornerback is a premier position that we can't afford to fill in free agency and we need to get younger and cheaper at the position. There are more late round rb's that become stars than cornerbacks.

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

We lost our #2 in free agency and Tre isn't guaranteed to be ready by week 1. Cornerback is a premier position that we can't afford to fill in free agency and we need to get younger and cheaper at the position. There are more late round rb's that become stars than cornerbacks.

We have Dane Jackson, who is a good CB. We also have Johnson. I’m ok with drafting a CB, but we can do so later in the draft. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

How many of those RBs have won a SB with the team that drafted them?  1- the rb drafted by Tom Brady’s team.  Lenny won one after being cut and signed by Tom Brady’s team

Is he the only one that played with a top tier QB?

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We have Dane Jackson, who is a good CB. We also have Johnson. I’m ok with drafting a CB, but we can do so later in the draft. 

Our #2, Wallace, was undrafted

8 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Why not?? There’s plenty of them out there. 

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Is he the only one that played with a top tier QB?

Our #2, Wallace, was undrafted

Exactly. If there is one position that I feel the most confident about getting good value at later rounds it’s CB. No need to draft one this year early. We can next year if we need it. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills