Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

I could see a scenario where Hall would be the pick, but unfortunately not in the first.  If he somehow lasted to our 2nd round and the WR/CB position is weakened…I’m all for it.  But the separation at RB isn’t as severe as the CB.  Hall is a low tier 1 RB..spiller and Walker are not far behind him as high tier 2 RB…but we could still draft get a mid tier 2 in the 4th.

CB has a lot of tier 1, few 2 and a lot of 3.  If we decide that’s where CB2 is…we have to get him early and we might need to double down on the position.  I know BB has a great ability of finding late CBs.  But we need to find a plus athlete starter at CB.

give me McDuffie/Booth/Gordon in round one and Marcus Jones in round 3 (early I know, but could be our next McGee, also plays WR)

Round 2…I’d love a speed guy for WR.  Watson would be a dream.  Big, fast with big ole mitts, raw route guy, but gets separation with shear size and speed.

4th round get a RB…still tier 2s available.    

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

4.39   40.   6’ 1” 217lbs.  A faster and bigger Marshawn Lynch.  Breece can run, catch, and block. He has 2 seasons with over 1,400 yards rushing. Out of all the running backs this year, he is the one I want the most. I really hope we can finally get a star RB to compliment Allen. I would roll with Breece and Singletary. 

You cannot teach speed and that is the big part that is missing from Singletary and Moss,  nether has explosive speed or burst to the line. Even Thurman Thomas was only about 4.5 speed guy but Thomas had a burst getting to the hole

They won't do it. I mean I highly doubt it. I wonder if the Etienne rumors were really true, because that move would have been a disaster. If they make no other moves this offseason, I would think they are drafting a corner or IOL, maybe wide receiver. But if Jordan Davis makes it down, or one of the ends, I am still taking them. 

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

4.39   40.   6’ 1” 217lbs.  A faster and bigger Marshawn Lynch.  Breece can run, catch, and block. He has 2 seasons with over 1,400 yards rushing. Out of all the running backs this year, he is the one I want the most. I really hope we can finally get a star RB to compliment Allen. I would roll with Breece and Singletary. 

I pick him for the Bills in the 2nd round in all my mock drafts.

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Just say no to RB man...it's not a value position.

WR or CB

Didn’t youse learn anything from the Falcons/Jacksonville games?? You need a running game and a game changing RB with a game changing QB is Super Bowl caliber 

8 hours ago, 947 said:

We're pretty much forced to go either CB/WR or WR/CB in rounds 1-2. I like Hall, but I just can't see us taking a RB over either of those.

The Bills were perceived to pick Etienne last season and Breece is waaay better 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I am all in favor of getting a running back that can reduce Josh Allen's running yards (i.e. wear and tear),  IF he were available in the second round, but not at the 25th pick.

Moss and Brieda are mediocre. And Devin is nice but hardly elite. Our offense has always rotated RB's. And with 12 personnel we're going to  run more.  Going with just Singletary alone is foolish. CB @ 25 then maybe trade up a little in the 2nd for Hall?  Heard alot of good things about Breece. Just a thought......

• Like (+1) 1

Certainly faster, but not “bigger” unless bigger = taller. 

might happen, but I think the play is likely a corner in rd one. We’re in the qb conference of a lifetime.  We need guys that can run and cover so our coaching staff doesn’t play prevent in the most crucial of times.  

6 minutes ago, mabden said:

I am all in favor of getting a running back that can reduce Josh Allen's running yards (i.e. wear and tear),  IF he were available in the second round, but not at the 25th pick.

That's the main reason I'd consider it, maybe even at 25, depending on who else is available. They need to divert some of Allen's carries to the running backs and keep him from taking unnecessary hits.  Singletary is a capable player, but he's not so good that I wouldn't consider an upgrade if one were available. Further,  I believe he's a free agent after the season,  so getting a possible replacement in to learn blitz pickups, in particular,  is something to consider.  They also have stated an intent to improve the speed and athleticism of the offense, and while WR is probably a better match, a RB with good receiving skills could fit as well.  They've already shown a significant interest in upgrading the RB spot with the failed signing of McKissic,  so I don't think it's out of line to think the Bills could take one early,  especially now that they've closed up a number of holes in FA. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, mabden said:

Breece is likely going between 25-40. He won’t make it to our 2nd round pick. We either take him at 25 or try and trade down or trade up in the 2nd. He’s worth it. 

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

might happen, but I think the play is likely a corner in rd one. We’re in the qb conference of a lifetime.  We need guys that can run and cover so our coaching staff doesn’t play prevent in the most crucial of times.  

Marshawn played around 210lbs. Breece plays around 217-220 with more room on the frame because he’s taller. Breece is also faster than Marshawn was. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This is what I believe. I bet we double dip at corner in the draft ( 1 early in the first or second round, one late) plus pick a vet up in free agency.

Plus we will also double dip at oline semi early. My bet we drafted a mid round rb in the fourth or fifth to replace what we wanted in Mckissick.

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly can’t believe people are over looking Hall. He has all the measurables that Marshawn had, and he’s faster. Hall has more rushing yards. I fully believe we were looking at Eteniene and Najee Harris. I fully believe Hall is better than those 2. 
I would cut Moss and let Singletary and Hall split carries. 
I would go RB/CB/WR 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I love Hall, but there is no way the Bills are taking a RB in the first round.

I wouldn't hate it at all if they did it, but they won't. So, there really isn't much to debate.

I expect the Bills to get another vet RB at some point though.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I love Hall, but there is no way the Bills are taking a RB in the first round.

I wouldn't hate it at all if they did it, but they won't. So, there really isn't much to debate.

I expect the Bills to get another vet RB at some point though.

But what makes you say that? Bills have taken RBs in the first many times. OJ, Marshawn, Spiller, McGahee and Thurman early 2nd plus others. Rumors that we were interested in Najee and Eteniene last year. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they take one at 25. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills