Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Is he the only one that played with a top tier QB?

Lol.  Now we’re moving the goalposts.  If you take a look @ the last 20+ years of football, running backs have very little influence on winning football games.  Other than QB, the Offensive line and Defensive lines dominate in order of importance.  We now have a possibly dominant DL.  The next area of business should be the OL.  Running backs have very little impact when it comes to winning Super Bowls in this NFL.  It’s just the way it is.

Yes, drafting Breece Hall could be amazing for us….as long as we continue to improve the OL.  If we don’t, he won’t mean Jack.  

This years bills offense was a perfect example of how little a Rb means.  First 2/3 of the season, motor sucked…..our run game sucked and we couldn’t move the ball on the ground.  Last 1/3 of the season, that same terrible rb was a top 5 back every week.  Was he all of a sudden good?  No.  Same back.  Different OL, OL play and scheme.  

No more of this talk for me. We know where we stand.  I’ll be excited to root for a stud like Breece if we draft him, but I think the 25th pick should be spent elsewhere.  He’s there in rd 2, I’d be fine with it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Singletary as a dependable RB1

The same dependable guy that dropped a screen pass in 2020 AFCCG? People were ready to tar and feather him. Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines were such good, dependable RBs that the Colts drafted Taylor. The ONLY reason Taylor dropped in the draft was because the scouts thought he had to much wear on his tires

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

if Hall is the pick, I won’t be angry, but, after looking at the possible prospects available, I’d rather go OL or CB and take James Cook in rd 3-4

The Bills may have tipped their hand offering the contract to McKissic, Cook is pretty much exactly that, but with 4.42 speed.

23 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

The Bills may have tipped their hand offering the contract to McKissic, Cook is pretty much exactly that, but with 4.42 speed.

Yup.  Definitely showed their cards on that one. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yup.  Definitely showed their cards on that one. 

Would love Cook in the 4th over Hall in the 1st. Only way I’d consider Hall would be if he was there at the Bills 2nd round pick (He won’t be). Still think first 3 rounds need to be WR/IOL/CB in whatever order is BPA. 

• Agree 4

20 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

A buzzkill for always wanting to get better? So we can’t do better than Singletary and Moss? Breece Hall is elite. 

I agree that we need all of those things, but Breece Hall is the next Marshawn Lynch. I want to have an elite running back to pair with Allen. 

I agree.  I know the game has changed but we saw how mixon helped the bengals advance dither than we did. Thurman was key to helping the k gun run.  Plus I hate to say this but if Allen get hurt running all those rpos people on here will wish the Bills had gotten a quality back who:can take those Carrie’s   off Allen so he can be assured to be around to lead us.  Right now our running game is just not adequate or dependable in short yardage or the red zone.   How many on here complained at the stupid passing Daboll did inside the five or ten yard line so often last year casing drives to stall ?  How often did people complain Daboll was getting too cute in that area? 

Its  the last missing piece to having an offense in Todays game that is just as unstoppable as the k gun was with Thurman in his time. Plus people forget how just reverting to a third down guy like we almost got from Washington gives away situational tendencies as opposed to a complete three down back. The draft is where you get a cheap alternative to FA and is perfect to get a plug and play rb on a cheap deal. Motor and moss are average at best with an occasional good game or two as I think they only Have one 100 yard game  ( I think motor had ONE 100 yard game last year ?)  getting a guy like Hall would really open up the offense in the red zone where we stalled so many times and settled for field goals.

With Beane  Going all in on the d line ,  I don’t get just continuing to do the same thing with the current rbs and expecting different results.  Protect Allen , give him a good rb to save his running for the Playoffs and critical moments while assuring your chances he stays healthy.   In the NFL , running qbs get hurt ( I have seen posters argue on here that you don’t draft rbs high because they get injured very often , and they can as Barkley / mccaffery have shown , but then that means we are choosing to keep exposing Allen to those same risks ) and all these great aspirations and signings are for naught if Allen goes down.  It’s not about taking anything away from his passsing game , it’s about having a rb who can actually produce when given the chance and can you honestly say you trust motor or moss in those situations ?  They haven’t proven they are consistent at this point. 

This team goes as far as Allen takes them and the high scoring o is the bread and butter way this team wins.  Yes we need a cb, but you have seen late round picks like Jackson or FA guys like Wallace at least be adequate.  With all the d line additions you could argue the cbs will be much more effective as qbs won’t just be standing back there like mahomes did in the playoffs picking the d apart. This year the draft is very deep with cb talent , so it’s not mandatory to use a first round pick to find talent there.  Imagine a back like Najee Harris who put up 1200 yds/ 7 tds ( despite an ineffective passing game as Ben was just hanging on) and while he might not get that in a more passing oriented O, he probably gets 1000 and is effective in short yardage.  Hall may be even more productive than Harris. Getting a good rb is just not about making the d have to be more honest , it’s about protecting Allen as well and if you’re ok with drafting an o lineman in the first round to protect Josh, why not look at a very productive rb in the same way? ( Baldinger on NFL network thinks Hall is a first round talent)   We need an option as well if we run into weather games that make passing hard , as we lost at least one game last year to an inferior team that way and we had no run game to counter with. If you want home field advantage for the playoffs , don’t ignore a good running game to help get you there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

I agree.  I know the game has changed but we saw how mixon helped the bengals advance dither than we did. Thurman was key to helping the k gun run.  Plus I hate to say this but if Allen get hurt running all those rpos people on here will wish the Bills had gotten a quality back who:can take those Carrie’s   off Allen so he can be assured to be around to lead us.  Right now our running game is just not adequate or dependable in short yardage or the red zone.   How many on here complained at the stupid passing Daboll did inside the five or ten yard line so often last year casing drives to stall ?  How often did people complain Daboll was getting too cute in that area? 

Its  the last missing piece to having an offense in Todays game that is just as unstoppable as the k gun was with Thurman in his time. Plus people forget how just reverting to a third down guy like we almost got from Washington gives away situational tendencies as opposed to a complete three down back. The draft is where you get a cheap alternative to FA and is perfect to get a plug and play rb on a cheap deal. Motor and moss are average at best with an occasional good game or two as I think they only Have one 100 yard game  ( I think motor had ONE 100 yard game last year ?)  getting a guy like Hall would really open up the offense in the red zone where we stalled so many times and settled for field goals.

With Beane  Going all in on the d line ,  I don’t get just continuing to do the same thing with the current rbs and expecting different results.  Protect Allen , give him a good rb to save his running for the Playoffs and critical moments while assuring your chances he stays healthy.   In the NFL , running qbs get hurt ( I have seen posters argue on here that you don’t draft rbs high because they get injured very often , and they can as Barkley / mccaffery have shown , but then that means we are choosing to keep exposing Allen to those same risks ) and all these great aspirations and signings are for naught if Allen goes down.  It’s not about taking anything away from his passsing game , it’s about having a rb who can actually produce when given the chance and can you honestly say you trust motor or moss in those situations ?  They haven’t proven they are consistent at this point. 

This team goes as far as Allen takes them and the high scoring o is the bread and butter way this team wins.  Yes we need a cb, but you have seen late round picks like Jackson or FA guys like Wallace at least be adequate.  With all the d line additions you could argue the cbs will be much more effective as qbs won’t just be standing back there like mahomes did in the playoffs picking the d apart. This year the draft is very deep with cb talent , so it’s not mandatory to use a first round pick to find talent there.  Imagine a back like Najee Harris who put up 1200 yds/ 7 tds ( despite an ineffective passing game as Ben was just hanging on) and while he might not get that in a more passing oriented O, he probably gets 1000 and is effective in short yardage.  Hall may be even more productive than Harris. Getting a good rb is just not about making the d have to be more honest , it’s about protecting Allen as well and if you’re ok with drafting an o lineman in the first round to protect Josh, why not look at a very productive rb in the same way? ( Baldinger on NFL network thinks Hall is a first round talent)   We need an option as well if we run into weather games that make passing hard , as we lost at least one game last year to an inferior team that way and we had no run game to counter with. If you want home field advantage for the playoffs , don’t ignore a good running game to help get you there. 

This^^^^. Mic drop

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/16/2022 at 6:55 PM, Big Turk said:

Just say no to RB man...it's not a value position.

WR or CB

When? Is the OP proposing we draft him in the 1st? Right now Hall is projected mid to late 2nd round. I think the projected actual pick is about 62. If we can get him at 57 and he gives us 4 years where he turns into Jonathan Taylor (who was a 2nd round pick), what's the problem?

I think based on the fact that Singletary is now going into the final year of his rookie deal this year, Moss SUCKED last season, and we were screwed over by Mckissic, we pretty much have to draft an RB in the first 3 rounds. From what I've read about and seen of Hall... I like him as our target.

CB in round 1. Hall in round 2. Sounds good to me.

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

When? Is the OP proposing we draft him in the 1st? Right now Hall is projected mid to late 2nd round. I think the projected actual pick is about 62. If we can get him at 57 and he gives us 4 years where he turns into Jonathan Taylor (who was a 2nd round pick), what's the problem?

I think based on the fact that Singletary is now going into the final year of his rookie deal this year, Moss SUCKED last season, and we were screwed over by Mckissic, we pretty much have to draft an RB in the first 3 rounds. From what I've read about and seen of Hall... I like him as our target.

No, I’m proposing we trade up in the 2nd to get him. I don’t think he will be there by the time we pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We don't run the ball enough to make this a priority. I'd rather go CB/WR in round 2. You can find someone that will give 90% of Hall's production in the later rounds like many other teams do.