Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

He he also disagreed that Devin singletary would look good behind the colts offensive line

I don't disagree that Breece Hall is better.. but singletary took shady's job as a rookie and is still 4.6 yards per carry career 

He isn't a scrub 

Some stats that show our offensive line is a bigger problem... 

As a rookie singletary faced a stacked box on 8% of carries... He averaged 5.6 yards per carry on that stacked box... Very good 

Last year on a stacked box.. which was only 3% of the time

Singletary averaged 1.8 yards per carry 

Singletary didn't become 5 yards per carry worse.. our line really struggles at blocking a non-base package 

On a base front. Singletary still averages 5.3 yards per carry last year... That's not a light box that's a base front

Word.  I’m sure Singletary and Duke will be just fine in 2022 as long as our OL is sufficient. 

• Agree 2

I know Breece Hall is an athletic freak.  Singletary looks like a faster player.  I dont think Breece Hall’s athleticism shows up watching him play.  I think Walker is the only guy worth taking at 25.  He plays as fast as his 40.  He also is better at making defenders miss tackles.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I know Breece Hall is an athletic freak.  Singletary looks like a faster player.  I dont think Breece Hall’s athleticism shows up watching him play.  I think Walker is the only guy worth taking at 25.  He plays as fast as his 40.  He also is better at making defenders miss tackles.  

Somewhat agree….except the part about Walker being worth the 25th pick.  

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Walker at 57 would be cool if he’s there. I personally don’t value RB’s enough to think they should warrant a first round pick.

2 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Walker at 57 would be cool if he’s there. I personally don’t value RB’s enough to think they should warrant a first round pick.

I get it.  All im saying is if they would take Etinne or Harris last year, Walker is the only guy close imo.  Depending how the draft plays out Walker could be in play.

I'm a big proponent of taking the best player at their position in the whole draft , if available. I think it's the best value a team can get with a low 1st round pick. It's also why I loved the Tyler Bass pick! 

Breece Hall is the consensus #1 RB in the draft, so by all means draft the kid. Safety and TE are also positions where the top 1 or 2 should still be on the board when the Bills pick. By #25, the top 4-5 CB prospects will already be gone. Bills don't need a WR right now. Might as well get the most elite player you can get at a position Beane's Bills have not really hit on yet. 

Imagine this offense with a bona fide stud at RB. Josh has never had one, if we're being honest.

Edited by skibum
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, skibum said:

I'm a big proponent of taking the best player in the whole draft at their position, if any of them are available. I think it's the best value a team can get with a low 1st round pick.

Breece Hall is the consensus #1 RB in the draft, so I am totally on board with Beane taking him. Safety and TE are also positions where the top 1 or 2 should still be on the board when the Bills pick. By #25, the top 4-5 CB and WR prospects will already be gone. Might as well get the most elite player you can get, and RB is not a strong point for these Bills anyway. 

Except he’s not the consensus

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, skibum said:

I'm a big proponent of taking the best player at their position in the whole draft , if available. I think it's the best value a team can get with a low 1st round pick. It's also why I loved the Tyler Bass pick! 

Breece Hall is the consensus #1 RB in the draft, so by all means draft the kid. Safety and TE are also positions where the top 1 or 2 should still be on the board when the Bills pick. By #25, the top 4-5 CB prospects will already be gone. Bills don't need a WR right now. Might as well get the most elite player you can get at a position Beane's Bills have not really hit on yet. 

Imagine this offense with a bona fide stud at RB. Josh has never had one, if we're being honest.

I dont think Hall is the best back.  I dont believe its close.  His combine shot him up the the media attention.  Now I agree more best players the better.  However there are 32 variants of that idea.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Word.  I’m sure Singletary and Duke will be just fine in 2022 as long as our OL is sufficient. 

Then the Bills should take Zion Johnson or Ryan Linderbaum if one of them is on the board at #25.

15 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Then the Bills should take Zion Johnson or Ryan Linderbaum if one of them is on the board at #25.

I don’t think that’s the smartest move but maybe, if they’re their BPA.    As our current roster, I think should take the highest rated player available on their board.  Whether that’s Johnson, Linderbaum, booth or whoever’s the top rated WR.  Maybe even DE.  Not in any particular order, just their top guy. 

4 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Hmm where does Breece Hall fall? I’m going to guess the Bills don’t have a first round grade on him. 

My defaults regarding what Beane says to the media are thus:

1) If there is ANY strategic advantage at all to lying.......he will lie.......and sometimes even go a bit out of his way to do so.

2) Otherwise he is pretty honest. 0:)

There are obvious strategic reasons to not speak negatively of the value of the RB position.

Be it simply not to alienate your own running backs and keep the "perception" that they are valued and that hard work and production could result in a second contract.

Or just to make teams think you *might* take a RB with your pick.

It would be nothing short of idiotic for Beane to say that he wouldn't take a RB in round 1 or even that they would have to be a generational type, etc..

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Hey @NewEra, sounds like Joe Marino is changing his thoughts about the 25th pick after listening to Beane PC.

His thoughts around the 12:00 mark

More importantly, it’s now ok to post his content.  

snoop dogg GIF

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that after the weather this team saw from essentially October thru JANUARY in Buffalo - we're not seriously considering the importance of a legit RB.  AND oline.  I'd take Linderbaum at 25 or maybe the best Guard...consider it for sure.  

We won games bc Josh Allen ran more in weeks 13 thru RD 2 in the playoffs.  

This has to stop -  

It isn't going to stop if you look in your backfield and see Duke Johnson, or how poorly the Oline may be playing - you'll default to Allen.  I want Allen running in big games.  Not all of them. 

1.  So...I'd like a RB the defense is concerned about - this will help the passing game - see every elite QB they have a legit RB

2. When the weather is bad, we can't be one dimensional.  Or Josh - centric.  I'd like him to play a decade more or longer at an elite level.  Big games - playoff games - go all out.  But with an RB teams fear, you may not have to.

3. We can still throw as much as we do.  It's ridiculous to think we wouldn't.  That passing game will in turn make said elite RB even more of a problem.  

4. The Rams run the ball - a lot 

5. Motor is gone after this year.  Having Hall the next 5 on a rookie deal is awfully appealing.  

I'm pretty much done hearing "can't go RB - AT PICK 25."  All things considered with the team and their lack of concern about CB.....I'm about ready to say you get Hall. 

I'd take Sauce, Booth, McDuffie, Wilson, London, Williams and maybe Olave over him.  But my list is getting shorter as the draft approaches. 

We're starting to sound like Sabres fans circa 2010-2013 "you can just get a Goalie anywhere."  Yep.  Mmm hmmm.....

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that after the weather this team saw from essentially October thru JANUARY in Buffalo - we're not seriously considering the importance of a legit RB.  AND oline.  I'd take Linderbaum at 25 or maybe the best Guard...consider it for sure.  

This has to stop -  

It isn't going to stop if you look in your backfield and see Duke Johnson, or how poorly the Oline may be playing - you'll default to Allen.  I want Allen running in big games.  Not all of them. 

1.  So...I'd like a RB the defense is concerned about - this will help the passing game - see every elite QB they have a legit RB

2. When the weather is bad, we can't be one dimensional.  Or Josh - centric.  I'd like him to play a decade more or longer at an elite level.  Big games - playoff games - go all out.  But with an RB teams fear, you may not have to.

3. We can still throw as much as we do.  It's ridiculous to think we wouldn't.  That passing game will in turn make said elite RB even more of a problem.  

5. Motor is gone after this year.  Having Hall the next 5 on a rookie deal is awfully appealing.  

I'm pretty much done hearing "can't go RB - AT PICK 25."  All things considered with the team and their lack of concern about CB.....I'm about ready to say you get Hall. 

I'd take Sauce, Booth, McDuffie, Wilson, London, Williams and maybe Olave over him.  But my list is getting shorter as the draft approaches. 

We're starting to sound like Sabres fans circa 2010-2013 "you can just get a Goalie anywhere."  Yep.  Mmm hmmm.....

Late in the draft process there is information overload and you can begin to doubt some of the things you KNOW are right.

When you are considering a RB in round 1...........ask this simple question.............in the past 30 years what RB that the Bills could have picked in round 1 that subsequently went in round 1 did the Bills live to regret NOT taking with that pick?

There aren't any.

But they should regret ALL of the RB's they have taken in round 1 in that time frame.

None of them even got a second contract and that was BEFORE not giving RB's second contracts was accepted as the best move. 

Your 1st round pick is a chance to add a franchise building block..........RB's are just short term rental-level impact for your franchise........and the notion that a rookie RB of any ilk is the final piece of any SB puzzle has proven to be without merit for decades now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

24 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Just wanted you to hear it from your hero’s mouth

Link one Video and a guy is my hero…..  

If that’s the case, you have more hero’s than marvel and dc combined. 

I’ll listen to the whole thing tomorrow.  At about what time in the video does he profess his love?

again….I love Hall too.  He’s just not my favorite rb nor do I think he’d be the correct pick.  He’ll be a good pick if he can help us win a super bowl.  

Edited by NewEra

I just can't get on board with Hall in the 1st. Don't understand the hate on Singletary. 

4.7. 4.7!

Singletary has 4.7 ypc average over the last 3 yrs IN THE NFL! Behind an unspectacular Oline.

Hall has 5.4 ypc average over the last 3 years in college. 

Singletary averaged 11 carries per game. That would be about 7.7 ypg different between them. Do we really think Hall is going to average more than 5 ypc in the NFL? Do you really think we are going to become more of a running team?  Not worth the value of a 1st rnd pick in my opinion. Rather take an Oline guy before Hall in the 1st. and I am a CB/WR guy in the 1st.

Hall is poor at blocking, not a skill I want in the backfield with Allen. Just another overhyped RB in my opinion. 

I'd also rather have Allen throw 1 or 2 more passes to make up the 7.7 yards. LOL.

Heck, if you gave Singletary 2 or 3 more runs a game with his current average ypc he would be a 1000 yard back. Not sure what more we can ask for. But to each their own. 1 week and we will find out.

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

This has to stop -  

You had me until linderbaum. He’s too small and a poor fit for this oline, plus he only plays Center and we already have a really good one who we just extended. I’m not sure what they will do at RB yet in the draft so it’s too early to get upset about it but they added one of the best run blockers in the league in saffold, hired run game guru Aaron Kromer as ol coach, and paid Ryan bates. I think they get it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

You had me until linderbaum. He’s too small and a poor fit for this oline, plus he only plays Center and we already have a really good one who we just extended. I’m not sure what they will do at RB yet in the draft so it’s too early to get upset about it but they added one of the best run blockers in the league in saffold, hired run game guru Aaron Kromer as ol coach, and paid Ryan bates. I think they get it. 

I thought I read he showed up to his pro day at 300+ and still tested at an elite level. 

I'd consider Linderbaum.  Not saying definitely would take.  I just have a value on the position and by all the analysis or metrics and the tape on him he looks like he's going to be an elite one.  

If Morse suddenly hits a wall, we're set.  

I just have this suspicion if the WR or CB they WANT isn't there, if they love Hall - I think they do - I would not be surprised if he's the pick.  Maybe even trade back a few bc the teams behind us don't really need an RB.  

When you look at this offense - what scares you the least?  It's running back.  

And I like Motor.  I think he's a great change of pace make guys miss and can even move a pile guy which is amazing considering his size.  Pairing him with Hall to start I see it like a Mack/JT combo in JTs first year.  

56 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I thought I read he showed up to his pro day at 300+ and still tested at an elite level. 

He was 296 at the combine but his biggest issue at the pro level is arm length and is what limits his position flexibility. His arms are historically short. 31 1/18 - only 3 OL have ever measured shorter in combine history. they are short for either a Center or guard and he also needs more overall mass to play guard.

The Bills specific angle here is not to knock him as a player - he might be a good pro Center as he has good college film of course  -but the Bills aren’t spending a 1st on a pure center, I don’t care how much McDermott loves wrestlers and Hawkeyes. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 4/19/2022 at 1:57 PM, whorlnut said:

I totally agree. This seems to have been brewing since last year with all the rumors. A dynamic RB would put this offense over the top. Hall has it all…he’s fast, big, durable, and has good hands in the passing game. 

Najee Harris was selected last year with the 24th pick. We are in a way better situation this year than the Steelers were last year. We have our long term qb and our oline is set this year. They had uncertainty at qb and with their oline and took Harris anyways. He worked out. No reason to think hall wouldn’t have a similar effect for this offense. 

Harris was also a higher rated prospect in most peoples eyes.  The Steelers also are a run heavy team.  Everyone wants to be the Chiefs, learn from their Edwards-Hillarie mistake, RB isn’t valuable enough to draft high with JA as the QB.   The best get 5.0 YPC, Mediocre get 4, the most they get the ball would be 20x a game. 20 yards a game is no reason for a first rd pick, might as well swing for a punter who should gain you 28 yards a game vs the bottom of the league.

17 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Harris was also a higher rated prospect in most peoples eyes.  The Steelers also are a run heavy team.  Everyone wants to be the Chiefs, learn from their Edwards-Hillarie mistake, RB isn’t valuable enough to draft high with JA as the QB.   The best get 5.0 YPC, Mediocre get 4, the most they get the ball would be 20x a game. 20 yards a game is no reason for a first rd pick, might as well swing for a punter who should gain you 28 yards a game vs the bottom of the league.

So because the chiefs missed on a late 1st round RB, that means never take one? silly logic IMO. if he had panned out nobody would be saying that junk. it was a miss on a prospect, not a miss on philosophy.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So because the chiefs missed on a late 1st round RB, that means never take one? silly logic IMO. if he had panned out nobody would be saying that junk. it was a miss on a prospect, not a miss on philosophy.

I don’t think they missed, I think it shows there’s no point in drafting a RB high when the journeymen they have had there do the same work and the whole offense is still predicated on the QB.  You have a team with one of the best in the game at QB, he’s always going to be the focus, when he’s not, Singletary was averaging 5ypc.  What are you going to gain? A name and a contract you won’t want to renew in 4 years?

20 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

They didn’t miss, he’s a decent RB but they are a passing offense and the defense wins when the ball is in someone hands other than mahomes. Sound familiar? It’s good to have an effective run game but it’s not necessary to have a highly paid RB or one that you spend a premium resource on . Chiefs have been criticized for the pick not because of the player, but because of the positions they didn’t address there - WR and defense. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Can we at least admit that the injury to CEH helped curtail his career because prior to that he was on an upward trend

4 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Hall is poor at blocking, not a skill I want in the backfield with Allen

They said the same about JT28 prior to the draft

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Can we at least admit that the injury to CEH helped curtail his career because prior to that he was on an upward trend

Taylor really just didn’t have a lot of experience in pass blocking coming out of college because Wisconsin’s offense was built around the run game. That’s not uncommon for rookies to need to develop in that facet.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Since he has been drafted - he has been outplayed by UDFAs and low level FA signings. 

The Chiefs went with McKinnon over CEH in the playoffs just last year and Williams in the regular season.

CEH is a back-up level RB that everyone screamed was going to make the Chiefs unstoppable (sound familiar).

The RBs do not get enough touches because the ball should be in the hands of Mahomes.

I will be interested this year with the loss of Hill and the fact that the o-line is a better run blocking than pass blocking unit - do the Chiefs forgo the explosive offense and become a more run first team and what impact dos that have on a guy that wants to force throws.

You ask a player like Mahomes or Allen to be patient for to long and they begin to hold the ball and take shots when given the chance. 

9 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Just wanted you to hear it from your hero’s mouth

Hear what?  I listened to it in the background.  Did he say he wants them to draft him or did he say he thought there’s a chance that they draft him?

40 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Since he has been drafted - he has been outplayed by UDFAs and low level FA signings. 

The Chiefs went with McKinnon over CEH in the playoffs just last year and Williams in the regular season.

CEH is a back-up level RB that everyone screamed was going to make the Chiefs unstoppable (sound familiar).

The RBs do not get enough touches because the ball should be in the hands of Mahomes.

I will be interested this year with the loss of Hill and the fact that the o-line is a better run blocking than pass blocking unit - do the Chiefs forgo the explosive offense and become a more run first team and what impact dos that have on a guy that wants to force throws.

You ask a player like Mahomes or Allen to be patient for to long and they begin to hold the ball and take shots when given the chance. 

Why do teams have to be considered run/pass first? Why can’t they be an offense like the 90 Bills or Greatest show on turf? Both teams had HOF QBs and RBs

• Agree 1

They didn’t miss, he’s a decent RB but they are a passing offense and the defense wins when the ball is in someone hands other than mahomes. Sound familiar? It’s good to have an effective run game but it’s not necessary to have a highly paid RB or one that you spend a premium resource on . Chiefs have been criticized for the pick not because of the player, but because of the positions they didn’t address there - WR and defense. 

IMO they missed. He's been pedestrian and injury riddled. Its not a great example to use IMO. If he came in and made the impact a 1st round back should make we wouldnt be hearing anything negative about that pick.

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Again, i'd blame the scouting and just whiffing on the player. Not the position that was picked.... i dunno why people are having troubles separating the 2.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

After reading this thread the problem I see is that we are too good.

We need to start sucking again. That way we may draft in top 10, and we can draft top end RB talent in the beginning of the second round. And everybody will be happy!

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

This thread should be renamed to Six Degrees of Jonathan Taylor.  Every negative comment about a running back can be traced back to JT28 coming out of college

Kevin Bacon Reaction GIF by Tremors

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Edwards-hillarie ran a 4.61, I’d be pissed if we took him in the first round, sure he’s decent, but if he ran a 4.38 I think our conversation about him would be different! I hope we take Hall and I hope I’m right about what he can do in our offense! You should be too! 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Football said:

Edwards-hillarie ran a 4.61, I’d be pissed if we took him in the first round, sure he’s decent, but if he ran a 4.38 I think our conversation about him would be different! I hope we take Hall and I hope I’m right about what he can do in our offense! You should be too! 😂

I think you are going to be awfully disappointed on draft night, you might get your wish in round 2 though.

• Agree 1