Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I want to win a SB in the short term. Also, the NFL evolves on a weekly basis. Breece is a weapon 

I want to make this team multidimensional and dangerous. I don’t want to take away our fastball by feeding Breece more. I want to provide another outlet that makes teams afraid. It’s called strategic attacks. Having a player like Breece Hall makes Allen infinitely more dangerous. While yes, it’s true we still need to upgrade our Oline and grab another CB, but it’s imperative we keep our offense well oiled and dangerous. A RB like Hall will keep teams from playing 2 high all the time, otherwise we will just eat up clock and nimble off yards and teams will be slowly anaconda constricted. We need this extra piece. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Ideally this is what I’d do. If Jameson is available at 25, I’d draft him. I’d then trade up to around 33 and select Hall. 

I’d tell Jameson to go deep and take the safety away. Let Diggs and Davis work the middle of the field and have Hall peel off to the flat. It’s nearly unstoppable considering you have OJ/Knox options off the line. I hope this is what we do. Nobody would stop us. NFL record PPG likely. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’d take Hall, then come back and get Metchie/Pickens/Pierce at 57. CB and OL afterwards 

Either way, I’m fine with it. Speed WR to go with Hall = record ppg. Then with the addition of Miller just makes this team nearly unstoppable. Please Beane get it done. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

If you constantly send a speed WR out deep. Not many teams have a CB fast enough to cover a 4.32 WR, which means safety help is almost always going to happen. That likely leaves Diggs and Davis in single coverage. Good luck with that. That still gives the Bills with Hall and Allen as dangerous scrambling threats. Yes Yes Yes. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Meanwhile, we were 2.5M under the cap when FA started and made room to sign several good starters. We can make room for Bradberry if we think he’s worth it

Uh huh. We cut Cole Beasley, Daryl Williams, Jon Feliciano, AJ Klein, and Star Lotulelei. We re-structured Micah Hyde, Matt Milano, and Matt Haack. We extended Mitch Morse, lowering his cap figure. Save for a Diggs or an Edmunds extension, all of the obvious moves have been done already.

We're at 7.6 over. We'll need about 2.4 for Draft Picks. Bradberry would cost us another 6.5. So we'd have to roughly come up with another 16.5 million to do it. Really not as simple as you want it to be.

And that would include them not only paying half of his salary, but also eating 12 million in Dead Cap. I don't think they're going to do all of that for a late round pick. So we'd have to give up, probably a 3rd, for a 1 year rental. Bc Beane isn't going to pay Tre what we're paying him and back up the brinks truck on the CB2 with everyone we have coming up.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

This ^^^^ it’s also less likely that a RB is kept on a 2nd contract.  I think the Bills go IOL or CB 1st round.  RB in the 1st in today’s NFL is a gadget pick not a long term pick

Don’t rule out an OT, especially if he can also play G.

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Ideally this is what I’d do. If Jameson is available at 25, I’d draft him. I’d then trade up to around 33 and select Hall. 

I’d tell Jameson to go deep and take the safety away. Let Diggs and Davis work the middle of the field and have Hall peel off to the flat. It’s nearly unstoppable considering you have OJ/Knox options off the line. I hope this is what we do. Nobody would stop us. NFL record PPG likely. 

What would you use to trade up 24 spots?  That’s going to cost a lot of draft capital.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Good article here, puts the nail on the head imo. He’s right. Don’t do it. 

What he fails to realize in this article is that Beane and Co don’t want his most important runner, Josh Allen, toting the rock anymore. Then he mentions that Mixon, JT28 were second round picks. Mixon went in second only because of off the field problems. As far as JT28, they thought he has too many miles on his legs. Teams overthought on JT28 and lost out on a talented runner. The writer is correct “Don’t do it”, don’t overthink this

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Good article here, puts the nail on the head imo. He’s right. Don’t do it. 

So Daniel Jeremiah gives Breece Hall to the Bills in the first round in his mock and this somehow translates to the Bills automatically doing this?  If the Bills decide Hall is the pick next month then fine...but can we wait for it to be Beane's decision and not the draft pundits?

13 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Really?? It was our starting CB2 that got scorched by Tyreek. I don’t remember any other teams killing us through the air. Colts and Patriots ran ball down our throats. I’m not saying for the offense to be run heavy, but it would be nice to have a RB that would put fear in a defense 

This game is about passing and stopping the pass. This isn’t 1985. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Locomark said:

This game is about passing and stopping the pass. This isn’t 1985. 

Yeah, there are running backs that will be there in the 3rd or 4th that would put fear in defenses as well, Zamir White, James Cook, Pierce Strong.

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I want to make this team multidimensional and dangerous. I don’t want to take away our fastball by feeding Breece more. I want to provide another outlet that makes teams afraid. It’s called strategic attacks. Having a player like Breece Hall makes Allen infinitely more dangerous. While yes, it’s true we still need to upgrade our Oline and grab another CB, but it’s imperative we keep our offense well oiled and dangerous. A RB like Hall will keep teams from playing 2 high all the time, otherwise we will just eat up clock and nimble off yards and teams will be slowly anaconda constricted. We need this extra piece. 

So what happens if he’s drafted by someone ahead of us  ? Do our odds of winning the the SB will drastically diminish ? 

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

@Hapless Bills Fan has kept a comprehensive post here on the board meticulously calculating the Top 51. It's on the first page. 7.6 million over for the Top 51 without Taiwan Jones calculated.

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Uh huh. We cut Cole Beasley, Daryl Williams, Jon Feliciano, AJ Klein, and Star Lotulelei. We re-structured Micah Hyde, Matt Milano, and Matt Haack. We extended Mitch Morse, lowering his cap figure. Save for a Diggs or an Edmunds extension, all of the obvious moves have been done already.

We're at 7.6 over. We'll need about 2.4 for Draft Picks. Bradberry would cost us another 6.5. So we'd have to roughly come up with another 16.5 million to do it. Really not as simple as you want it to be.

And that would include them not only paying half of his salary, but also eating 12 million in Dead Cap. I don't think they're going to do all of that for a late round pick. So we'd have to give up, probably a 3rd, for a 1 year rental. Bc Beane isn't going to pay Tre what we're paying him and back up the brinks truck on the CB2 with everyone we have coming up.

They are not 7.6 million over.  Within the thread there is the actual NFL listed Cap space which has the Bills at 2.89 million in space.

The NFL does not allow teams to be over the cap.  If a team is actually over as they make a signing - the team would have to make adjustments to get under the Cap before the previous signing is approved.  

If the Bills were over - none of the previous signing including Jones would make it through the NFL office and get approved.

Beane knows exactly what he has and exactly how each new signing will impact the CAP space.  

It will take time for things like Spotrac to catch up and until the NFL office reviews and decides how some of the Bonuses are coded - they are typically off by a bit.  In this case it appears they were off by about 10 million.  

Whether that is where some Bonuses hit or was there additional restructuring done that hasn’t come out I don’t know, but the one thing I am sure of is that by NFL CAP numbers - we are not over the CAP.

Edited by Rochesterfan

57 minutes ago, Putin said:

So what happens if he’s drafted by someone ahead of us  ? Do our odds of winning the the SB will drastically diminish ? 

No, I think we have a good shot at winning a super bowl without him, but having him will make it an easier road. I would rather have him then not. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What I’ve been saying Devin has earned the right to be the number 1 back. But the Bills don’t have a true home run hitter in the backfield Breece definitely changes that. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m warming up to Hall in the first for the reasons you said. It makes sense with the idea of making a super bowl push this year. It’s not common to see 6’+ rbs with 4.3 speed anymore, and Hall is a good wr weapon too. 

If Hall is anything close to a Taylor or Henry (who isn’t much of a wr) at rb, our offense would be nearly unstoppable, I’m sure we’d see another no punt game or two. 

10 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’d take Hall, then come back and get Metchie/Pickens/Pierce at 57. CB and OL afterwards 

I really like Pickens and hope that somehow/someway we land him. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Shiny toy guy. No mention of right guard.  Not surprised.  We won’t be unstoppable with Ford and Brown on the right side.  I Promise Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga