2022 NFL Combine thread

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He knows he’ll be making at least 10M a year in 2027 if Allen is his QB. Smart kid

https://theathletic.com/3151932/2022/03/02/bruce-feldmans-freaks-list-revisited-which-nfl-draft-prospects-will-be-freaky-at-the-combine/?source=user_shared_article

A nice little combine primer list if you have the Athletic

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Interested to see the 40 times, 3-cone drills, and shuttles for the RB's, WR's, and DB's this year. Those are three places where we not only need some infusion of talent, but some speed as well. I'm also keeping an eye on the LB group. Chad Muma is the LB I want us to grab as the successor to Edmunds, but I want to see how all of these guys perform.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Dotson would be the perfect replacement for Beasley. He’s faster, more dynamic, and would be a lot cheaper for 5 full years. Yes please…

I like Dotson but picking him at 25 seems like a reach, would rather trade down if he's the guy. Burks or Jameson Williams would be a dream at 25.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Breaking: Every WR would love to play with Josh Allen 

Every wr agent saying if you want to get a huge second contract you go play with allen.  Would be wild to see teams cover diggs davis and williams all at once

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I like Dotson but picking him at 25 seems like a reach, would rather trade down if he's the guy. Burks or Jameson Williams would be a dream at 25.

Yeah, it would be a bit of a reach, but I don't see Burks or Williams lasting that long to our pick.

I would be happy with Dotson at 25.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Every wr agent saying if you want to get a huge second contract you go play with allen.  Would be wild to see teams cover diggs davis and williams all at once

Every WR in the draft knows they will eat in this offense if they are on the field with those two and Knox, and there is most likely an open opportunity  at WR3

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Process said:

@YoloinOhio, what is your take on Olave? I watched quite a few OSU games this year myself, but it seems like they had 5 or 6 WR's that could be starting anywhere else in the country. You've seen more of him than I have overall. 

Very interested to see real height and weight for the prospects.  In particular, is Wan’dale Robinson really 5’11” and 180+ or considerably smaller?  Is Logan Hall really only 260lbs?  He looks good in the limited views I have on him, but what do you do with a 260lb DT?

9 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Very interested to see real height and weight for the prospects.  In particular, is Wan’dale Robinson really 5’11” and 180+ or considerably smaller?  Is Logan Hall really only 260lbs?  He looks good in the limited views I have on him, but what do you do with a 260lb DT?

Everything I have seen has Hall listed around 280lbs, which is still lightweight for a DT. He's probably going to be drafted by a 3-4 team to play 5-Tech. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Robinson is probably closer to 5’8 and 170 😉

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeah, it would be a bit of a reach, but I don't see Burks or Williams lasting that long to our pick.

I would be happy with Dotson at 25.

I agree….but we have one thing going for us- this WR class is pretty stacked with 1st rd talent.  There are 5 WRs that I would LOVE to draft @ 25 (London, Wilson, Williams, Olave and Williams).   I looked back several years and only found 1 draft in which the top 5 WRs were off the board before the 24th pick (2020).  Hopefully this will be another year. I really want one of those top 5.  

that said, I think we’re going to take Dotson, even if one of my top 5 are on the board.  He’s a good fit inside and outside, has speed, rarely ever drops passes and can even go up and get it.  Put him in the room with Diggs to mentor him and have him put on 10 LBs of muscle.  He has gamebreaking speed and I’d love to see how we use a guy like him.   He’s just not ideal due to his smaller catch radius and lack of make you miss/tackle breaking ability.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree….but we have one thing going for us- this WR class is pretty stacked with 1st rd talent.  There are 5 WRs that I would LOVE to draft @ 25 (London, Wilson, Williams, Olave and Williams).   I looked back several years and only found 1 draft in which the top 5 WRs were off the board before the 24th pick (2020).  Hopefully this will be another year. I really want one of those top 5.  

that said, I think we’re going to take Dotson, even if one of my top 5 are on the board.  He’s a good fit inside and outside, has speed, rarely ever drops passes and can even go up and get it.  Put him in the room with Diggs to mentor him and have him put on 10 LBs of muscle.  He has gamebreaking speed and I’d love to see how we use a guy like him.   He’s just not ideal due to his smaller catch radius and lack of make you miss/tackle breaking ability.  

Is one of the Williams’ supposed to be Wilson from Ohio State?  I would add Treylon Burks to your list.  Still, unless addressed in free agency, if there is a CB rated close in that range I think they would go that way, if he fits what they are looking for.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

@YoloinOhio, what is your take on Olave? I watched quite a few OSU games this year myself, but it seems like they had 5 or 6 WR's that could be starting anywhere else in the country. You've seen more of him than I have overall. 

Pros: Excellent route runner, technician, speed, smooth, A+ hands. Leader, work ethic, mentally strong. Cons: slight frame, blocking needs work. I think he’s a star in an offense like Buffalo, LAC… where he’s not the primary target and the QB can utilize his strengths. If he goes to a team that needs a WR1 I’m not sure he’s that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dream scenario.....

We trade down from 25 to 32 with the Lions and we get their second round pick, number 34.

Perseverance pays off and we get Kaiir Elam in the first round and Dotson in the second round.

It's fun to dream.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Is one of the Williams’ supposed to be Wilson from Ohio State?  I would add Treylon Burks to your list.  Still, unless addressed in free agency, if there is a CB rated close in that range I think they would go that way, if he fits what they are looking for.

No, Burks is the fifth. Not sure why I wrote Williams twice.  

burks, london, Williams, Wilson and Olave are my top 5, not in order 

13 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Dream scenario.....

We trade down from 25 to 32 with the Lions and we get their second round pick, number 34.

Perseverance pays off and we get Kaiir Elam in the first round and Dotson in the second round.

It's fun to dream.

Haha, yeah.  Even better, everyone is scared off by Williams acl and we get him and Elam.  Gordon, mccreary, McDuffie (although I don’t think we’d draft McDuffie) would suffice 🤣 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

There’s also several 1st round graded CB’s.  I’d like to see us get someone like Christian Kirk to address WR, then draft a CB in the first

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

There’s also several 1st round graded CB’s.  I’d like to see us get someone like Christian Kirk to address WR, then draft a CB in the first

Or…we could get a CB in FA and draft a WR in the first…

1 hour ago, All I Need is Hope said:

If Kirk is the guy we’re looking to pay bucks to, I think I’d rather draft the receiver and give that money to a corner. You can probably get Casey Hayward for less than half of what kirk will get.  He got 2.5M last year.  

I’ll look at some recent Kirk tape with the cards and get back to this.  I liked him in college and was a guy I’d have been happy with in rd 2.  Just not sure if he’s the missing ingredient that I’d want to spend on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.