2022 NFL Combine thread

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Process said:

I don't see any way this kid lasts until 25. Reports are his teammate who tore his ACL one month earlier than him could be ready by June. Good chance Williams is ready to go by September. 

Then that pushes other receivers down one spot. Imo, it still doesn’t take away from how amazing a top receiver can be in this offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

what round do you think?  I know nothing about him, interested though. 

3rd? I’m spitballing. He isn’t working out at the combine due to minor foot injury at senior bowl. He was never injured in college that I recall. He’s going to interview really well. Position has been somewhat devalued in draft imo unless you are a freak. I would put his talent right there with that kid from Penn state who went to the Steelers, Penn state ran a lot of their offense through him so better stats. Ruck was a 5 star recruit. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

3rd? I’m spitballing. He isn’t working out at the combine due to minor foot injury at senior bowl. He was never injured in college that I recall. He’s going to interview really well. Position has been somewhat devalued in draft imo unless you are a freak. I would put his talent right there with that kid from Penn state who went to the Steelers, Penn state ran a lot of their offense through him so better stats. Ruck was a 5 star recruit. 

Feirmeuth (sp) level talent!?!?   If he is that talented I’d want him in the 3rd easily.  

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Feirmeuth (sp) level talent!?!?   If he is that talented I’d want him in the 3rd easily.  

JMO, I truly haven’t done much Draft research this year yet. I’m sure the more knowledgeable folks will chime in. I did watch a lot of both players in college though. 

Edit: interestingly the first draft profile I pulled up uses friermuth as his nfl comparison 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jeremy-ruckert

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

At least he didn't ask him if his mother is a prostitute.

And were WR's asked specifically about Buffalo or did they offer it up on their own?

I think every team’s reporters asks the prospects if they’ve talked with that team or what they think of that team and that’s how they get those quotes 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think every team’s reporters asks the prospects if they’ve talked with that team or what they think of that team and that’s how they get those quotes 

Yeah they're usually pretty stock responses, that TE was interesting though with the Bills being the only New York team.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah they're usually pretty stock responses, that TE was interesting though with the Bills being the only New York team.

Yeah, you'd figure he'd have been a Jets or Giants fan growing up.

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

that said, I think we’re going to take Dotson, even if one of my top 5 are on the board.  He’s a good fit inside and outside, has speed, rarely ever drops passes and can even go up and get it.  Put him in the room with Diggs to mentor him and have him put on 10 LBs of muscle.  He has gamebreaking speed and I’d love to see how we use a guy like him.   He’s just not ideal due to his smaller catch radius and lack of make you miss/tackle breaking ability.  

I'm at the stage of draft season where I'm watching highlights of as many potential Bills prospects as possible. With Dotson all I hear about is speed, but what really stands out to me is the way he snatches the ball out of the air. I think I would actually prefer him to Jameson Williams based on my very very limited review of their film. Williams doesn't look like a natural hands catcher to me. He's apparently had some issues with concentration drops. I'll take a little less speed for better hands.

My concern with Dotson is he looks very slight. I don't know if a player with that frame can ever be a true #1 WR unless they have Tyreek Hill speed, and I'm hesitant to draft a WR with a #2 ceiling in the 1st round. But I wouldn't hate it, depending on his 40 time.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm at the stage of draft season where I'm watching highlights of as many potential Bills prospects as possible. With Dotson all I hear about is speed, but what really stands out to me is the way he snatches the ball out of the air. I think I would actually prefer him to Jameson Williams based on my very very limited review of their film. Williams doesn't look like a natural hands catcher to me. He's apparently had some issues with concentration drops. I'll take a little less speed for better hands.

My concern with Dotson is he looks very slight. I don't know if a player with that frame can ever be a true #1 WR unless they have Tyreek Hill speed, and I'm hesitant to draft a WR with a #2 ceiling in the 1st round. But I wouldn't hate it, depending on his 40 time.

I’m the same with Dotson. He looks great, but the Sammy Watkins experience of great ball snatching scares me a bit given Dotson’s size.  I won’t be upset if we draft him.  

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Watched one of his just now, his separation seems to stand out.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Dotson is also a good route runner who is fluid in his breaks as well. He also knows how to use pace to lull a DB to sleep, kicking into an extra gear to separate. An NFL strength and conditioning program could help him add some good weight, but he doesn't need much. Look at DeVonta Smith, all 170lbs of him (if he weighs that much). Talent is talent and Dotson has talent no doubt. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.