Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 2.0 - Bills take Treylon Burks: 3.0 - Bills take Breece Hall

YoloinOhio

I love the pick for the Bills. As an overall mock? It sucks. DJ does so many versions of these things each year that he just moves guys around for something new to talk about. That mock sucks. 

4 minutes ago, without a drought said:

I could see Wan'Dale Robinson in the 3rd.

Burks in the first, not so much, but who knows.

I'm not sure I could see Wan'Dale slipping to #89. Could he go 3rd round? Yes, I think he could. All the way at the end of the 3rd? Not for me. Teams are taking these smaller speedy guys way earlier than they used to. Look at last year, Tutu Atwell and Dwayne Eskridge we seen by most analysts as third round guys and both went off the board in round 2. see Robinson's range as mid 2nd to mid 3rd. But if he is there mid third and the Bills wanted to move up a few spots to nab him I wouldn't be against that. 

51 minutes ago, Estro said:

I'm not as high on the 2 bigger Wrs, London and Burks.  Neither one creates much separation. I prefer the quicker, faster shifter guys like Wilson, Williams, Olave and Dotson.  

I also think the Bills prefer WRs that create separation and IMO Burks does not fit that description.

I agree with you totally on London. I am not sure I see separation in his game and that worries me because when you look at the tape I don't know where you look to find that separation in his game. 

I think on Burks's tape it is more inconsistent and to me there is an identifiable root cause and that is that he is a bit of a sloppy route runner right now. I think get him proper pro receiver coaching and work on his cuts and the precision at the top of his routes (he tends to round things off at the top of the route too much for my liking) and I think you will see the separation happen more consistently. The separation thing was a knock on Gabe Davis coming out of UCF and I said then with him, he can do it he needs to tidy up his footwork in the release off the line and the Bills have definitely improved that with him which leads me to believe that they could coach Burks up. It is a different technical thing but it is similar that there is a young receiver there with the capacity to separate but with a technical flaw that needs refinement. I do think 40 time will be big for Burks but to my eye he looks plenty explosive after the catch to me. It's route running technique where he needs work and that is coachable. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with you totally on London. I am not sure I see separation in his game and that worries me because when you look at the tape I don't know where you look to find that separation in his game. 

I think on Burks's tape it is more inconsistent and to me there is an identifiable root cause and that is that he is a bit of a sloppy route runner right now. I think get him proper pro receiver coaching and work on his cuts and the precision at the top of his routes (he tends to round things off at the top of the route too much for my liking) and I think you will see the separation happen more consistently. The separation thing was a knock on Gabe Davis coming out of UCF and I said then with him, he can do it he needs to tidy up his footwork in the release off the line and the Bills have definitely improved that with him which leads me to believe that they could coach Burks up. It is a different technical thing but it is similar that there is a young receiver there with the capacity to separate but with a technical flaw that needs refinement. I do think 40 time will be big for Burks but to my eye he looks plenty explosive after the catch to me. It's route running technique where he needs work and that is coachable. 

Upon further review I probably shouldn't have put Burks and London in the same bucket.

Burks does create separation, just not to the same degree as some of the others I like more. He's more of a build up speed type of guy. It takes him a little bit, but once he gets into 5th gear he's moving.

I'm with you 100% on London though, I dont see him a a 1st round WR prospect.

I saw Matt Miller comping him to Mike Evans on twitter today.....I don't see that at all. Mike Evans was 230lbs at the Combine and had some speed. London is probably 15-20 lbs lighter, and I don't see the speed/quicks to separate. He wins with physicality atthrcatch point and I think that will be totally neutralized in the pros. I see more Limas Sweed than Mike Evans.

I just think the Bills have a type they covet @ WR & I don't think London fits what they like at all.  I could see them talking themselves into Burks, but hes not totally their type either. 

For those drooling over Williams, the speed is intoxicating and had me drooling too. I do want to point out though that he's not a natural hands catcher. A lot of body catches and double clutches is somewhat concerning.

The one guy that's been growing on me is Dotson, from Penn St.  A little undersized, but hes got it all. Speed, quicks,  physical......can win at the catch point. Plus he's a dog, and loves football. I could see him being a guy the Bills fall in love with

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Oh, I know.  It's the same every year.

I think it’s interesting to see them evolve over the predraft process. DJ and Matt Miller are probably the two I pay attention to the most as well as the The Draft Network. They watch film year round as well as scout in person  and also pay close attention to team needs

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Isn’t he too similar to Davis? He’s 6’3”225. Should we go Dotson instead for the speed aspect of his game? I’m just asking, I would love Burke’s guys a monster and can run a 4.5 

I remember when we needed to draft James Hardy instead of Desean Jackson because we already had Roscoe Parrish.

• Haha (+1) 1

Not sure why people are clamoring for a first round WR? If last year proved anything it was the Bills defense wasn't up to the task. They have holes at CB, LB, interior dline, and lack of a consistent pass rush. I think some younger guys will step it up. However, my pick is a CB if his the BPA. Allen and all his heroics couldn't get the win with 13 seconds left. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-bills-land-another-playmaking-wr-for-jos

Pick

Buffalo Bills

Treylon Burks

Arkansas · WR · Junior

The Bills could opt for a CB here, but Burks would be too tempting as a big addition to their offensive firepower.

My likes (from watching some film):

-YAC monster (which we need).

-High-points with ferocity and authority.

-Dusted some Bama DB's, so even though he's a big boy, he does have some serious speed.

-Versatile: Saw some plays out of the backfield, jet sweeps, etc...

The big questions:

-Will he be there for us?

-IF he is there, as well as Jameson Williams, who do you choose? Tough call to make.

5 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Isn’t he too similar to Davis? He’s 6’3”225. Should we go Dotson instead for the speed aspect of his game? I’m just asking, I would love Burke’s guys a monster and can run a 4.5 

Why not go with a a guy 6-5 who runs a 4.4?  I'm talking about you Christian Watson.  I don't want to mimic the chiefs with the cheetah, I think big targets with speed are more effective.  Guys like Tyreek are incredibly rare, odds are we won't find one.  Besides who had the better game, Davis or Tyreek?  Sign me up for a Mike Evans, Deandre Hopkins, Davante Adams type.  I love Watson but there are others in that same mold in the draft this year.  Drank London for example. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

Really hope we go WR in Rd 1. There are several guys we should take if they are there.

I think McBeane will go CB or O line, but maybe the surprise us.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.  This is a WR rich draft and I am sure Beane and the Bills staff have ltheir targets on a WR in Rd3.   1st two picks are going to be defense.....DT and CB.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I love the pick for the Bills. As an overall mock? It sucks. DJ does so many versions of these things each year that he just moves guys around for something new to talk about. That mock sucks. 

I'm not sure I could see Wan'Dale slipping to #89. Could he go 3rd round? Yes, I think he could. All the way at the end of the 3rd? Not for me. Teams are taking these smaller speedy guys way earlier than they used to. Look at last year, Tutu Atwell and Dwayne Eskridge we seen by most analysts as third round guys and both went off the board in round 2. see Robinson's range as mid 2nd to mid 3rd. But if he is there mid third and the Bills wanted to move up a few spots to nab him I wouldn't be against that. 

I could see the Bills moving up if he is within reach. It's  usually something I  don't  agree with doing but it's something  Beane likes to do when he gets a player in his head.

4 hours ago, Special K said:

Then, run to the Podium!!😁

Ooh burn 🔥 

23 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

For those who want the center in round one, how does he compare to Creed Humphrey, the guy who went at the end of round 2 last year and tested in the 99th percentile as far as RAS?

Humphrey was a better prospect.    Also a tremendous wrestler and athlete but a legit 6'5" guy who could carry 320.   Like Linderbaum, Humphrey was also considered a first rounder much of the time in the mocks the year before and leading up to his draft.   Then it's draft day and most teams know not to select a center that high.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.