Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 2.0 - Bills take Treylon Burks: 3.0 - Bills take Breece Hall

YoloinOhio

I’m done arguing this point with anyone. We clearly don’t have a true number 1 RB (Singletary last numbers have proved that). We definitely don’t have a RB that offers us the ability to be on the field as a 3 down back (Beanes need for McKissik, Johnson, and Breida have proved that). We don’t have a game changer at the position. We don’t have a player that defenses and coordinators have to game plan for. And that makes our offense more one dimensional than it needs to be. 

of course we can win with what he have. We have proved that. Of course we could win the SB with what we have, last year would have proved that if McDermott didn’t decide to go prevent defense with 13 seconds left. Of course if there’s better players than a RB at pick 25 we should take them. My argument is, and has always been that if the top 4-5 WRs are gone, if the top 2-4 CBs are gone, if Hall or another RB they see as the best at the position, and the best player in the board at 25 or even later rounds. They should take him. We are definitely handcuffed by what we Currently have in our RB room. Another 3-4th round pick likely won’t fix that. 

everyone has their opinions. I’m not going to bother trying to change anyone else’s anymore. Believe what you want. And I hope you all stay true to your displeasure with the pick of an early round RB if it happens. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m done arguing this point with anyone. We clearly don’t have a true number 1 RB (Singletary last numbers have proved that). We definitely don’t have a RB that offers us the ability to be on the field as a 3 down back (Beanes need for McKissik, Johnson, and Breida have proved that). We don’t have a game changer at the position. We don’t have a player that defenses and coordinators have to game plan for. And that makes our offense more one dimensional than it needs to be. 

of course we can win with what he have. We have proved that. Of course we could win the SB with what we have, last year would have proved that if McDermott didn’t decide to go prevent defense with 13 seconds left. Of course if there’s better players than a RB at pick 25 we should take them. My argument is, and has always been that if the top 4-5 WRs are gone, if the top 2-4 CBs are gone, if Hall or another RB they see as the best at the position, and the best player in the board at 25 or even later rounds. They should take him. We are definitely handcuffed by what we Currently have in our RB room. Another 3-4th round pick likely won’t fix that. 

everyone has their opinions. I’m not going to bother trying to change anyone else’s anymore. Believe what you want. And I hope you all stay true to your displeasure with the pick of an early round RB if it happens. 

Well said and spot on

1 hour ago, mrags said:

If only we could draft a player like Kamara or Henry or Montgomery or Cook without using a first. Alas

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Agree to disagree.  You think Josh Allen NEEDS a “game breaking RB” to win a super bowl.  I whole heartedly disagree. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Oh trust me, I will.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not inherently against a 1st round RB for a team with a franchise QB. I was in favor of us drafting Etienne last year (can't say if I was right or not since he missed the whole season with an unlucky injury). I just don't see any 1st round talents this year. Breece Hall seems fine, but what is his elite trait? He's not especially fast, he's not especially powerful. He just looks like a solid pass catching back. You can find that skill set later in the draft.

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not inherently against a 1st round RB for a team with a franchise QB. I was in favor of us drafting Etienne last year (can't say if I was right or not since he missed the whole season with an unlucky injury). I just don't see any 1st round talents this year. Breece Hall seems fine, but what is his elite trait? He's not especially fast, he's not especially powerful. He just looks like a solid pass catching back. You can find that skill set later in the draft.

Being compared to JT28 is enough for me 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

I’m not anti-RB ever, but this OL is questionable going forward and was was worse than that last year.  Fixing the OL before investing in a back early not only would help our existing RBs, but would help keep Allen from getting hurt.

It’s all a system and a good pass catching back helps give the QB a nice safety valve so that he can dump it off to avoid big hits.  I don’t think that Hall improves the run game much more than Singletary.  

On 3/23/2022 at 3:09 PM, NewEra said:

Oj ran a 4.7 according to the interwebs 

I meant to post this yesterday…OJ ran a 10.53 100 which if you break it down fractionally would be a 3.8 40….so he most likely would have ran a real low 4 to 4.2 40… arguably the fastest RB ever or one of the tops

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gobills404 said:

I agree. Such a shame that guys like Chubb or Taylor or Mixon or Ekeler or Aaron Jones don’t make it out of the first round.

My question is are any of these RB's in this draft worthy of being in that group?

4 hours ago, mrags said:

If they go RB high I will support it.   Im just doing some hand wringing over the fact that we literally have no starting corners at the moment.

I think Motor is entirely replacable and would have no problem doing it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.