Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 2.0 - Bills take Treylon Burks: 3.0 - Bills take Breece Hall

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, wppete said:

He looks impressive. I would be happy with this pick. If it happens hope Beasley stays or we sign Christian Kirk. Josh will have phenomenal weapons now. 

I am all for signing Kirk, but unless we trade Beasley, I am not sure we are going to be a desirable destination for Kirk.  Safe bet we wont be the highest bidder, projections suggest he will get anywhere from $8M to $10M a year this free agency, and cant see Beane paying that much.  Especially since Davis seems poised to become a full time starter.  And if Beasley is still here, there just wont be enough touches for him.  

He is 25, if he goes somewhere as a role player, he will never get a chance at a big contract in a few years when he is a FA again.  So I think he is going to look for a team with a good QB where he can be more of a focal point of the offense.  Now if we trade Beasley, Kirk might find us more interesting given he has played a lot from the slot.  

But this kid Burks is certainly interesting.  Its hard to know what they might do right now at 25 before Free Agency though.  Looking at the roster right now, it seems much more plausible they go CB, DT, or IOL in the first round.  But, we won't really know what makes more sense in the draft until we see who we bring in or resign (if any) in free agency at any of those positions or WR.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Isn’t he too similar to Davis? He’s 6’3”225. Should we go Dotson instead for the speed aspect of his game? I’m just asking, I would love Burke’s guys a monster and can run a 4.5 

I don’t think they are too similar

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

There's no way this kid will be there at 25, but if he is........

RUN TO THE PODEUM. 

I really don’t think we know yet who will and won’t be there

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Neither will be there at 25. 

Pretty definitive statement for February. One or both could be there, it’s possible. DJ just laid it out. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

This guy looks like a good option who probably won't be there at 25.  Ultimately, you have to see how the board falls.  The Bills are in a decent position to take the BPA, but also have some needs on the interior OL, backup TE, CB, and potentially WR, so they'll have to see who is available from those positions when their pick comes up.

Oh is that how it works? I thought the Bills were on the clock! 

I'm not as high on the 2 bigger Wrs, London and Burks.  Neither one creates much separation. I prefer the quicker, faster shifter guys like Wilson, Williams, Olave and Dotson.  

I also think the Bills prefer WRs that create separation and IMO Burks does not fit that description.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s just a discussion point from one of the best draft analysts. 

I get that.  But it's mental masterdebating.  If the Bills sign, say, Christian Kirk in FA, then a 1st round WR ain't happening.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.