Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

24 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

If Flores was so upset about the 100K tanking offer and the supposed yacht meeting with Brady, why did he not resign at either time and alert the NFL ? 

Probably because he had a good financial deal and wanted to coach in the nfl even if the owner was a clown.  He ignored him and made did his thing.  He maintains HiS integrity

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

True. That’s what you get when an EEO type lawsuit is filed - all your dirty laundry, relevant or not, is going to be aired. if nothing else it compels a settlement. 

Well, that may be. But his case is also undermined by the fact that the Dolphins did, in fact, hire him.

I read his statement about systemic racism etc and it does seem strange that he filed now before the end of the hiring cycle. If he got hired at HOU or NO... sure, he would not be blowing the whistle on things. But couldn't he use that position to hire a minority coordinator? Couldn't he lead by example, if he wins won't that also potentially help level the playing field for other minority coaches? Instead he takes what may be a very legitimate beef with MIA and drags the Giants and Broncos into it. Feels like the wrong strategy to me.

2 hours ago, WMDman said:

wow terrible look for the NFL

terrible look for Flores (who I think is a good coach, btw), really.  Looks like a total crybaby.  His accusations against the Dolphins are also suspect since he is only raising them once he was fired.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

take em all down flores. expose these the nfl for what it is.

For employing a higher percentage of African Americans then white people? Lol

You realize the majority of players are black. ( multi millionaires)

If coaches need to be a better ratio so do players. Lets make a rule to fix that imbalance too then.

Either way of a team thinks the guy is gonna win the superbowl, it won't matter is he's painted purple. 

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

Flores comes across as a big baby to me. Boo hoo, you didn't get the job. Everyone must be racist. Teams are required to interview minorites, which is what you are Flores. What did you expect with such rules in place?

The Bills didn't even want to interview anyone and just wanted to promote from within, but they were forced to go out and perform 2 sham interviews. Does that make them racist? No, they are just following the rules, just like the Giants were. It's what you have to do if you happen to want to hire a white guy in the NFL. If you happen to want to hire a black guy, you STILL have to go out and interview another minority because the rules require two minority interviews now. Just insane logic and stupid that anyone would think this rule is effective at all.

Every organization is going to view certain candidates as frontrunners for the job, which is what Daboll was. Bill Belichick heard Daboll was the frontrunner and texted to congratulate him, but had a senior moment. But the Giants had more interviews to tie up before they gave the job to their frontrunner candidate.

Although, the Dolphins owner paying him to lose? THAT is the real story here. Just crazy. The NFL is NOT going to like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Guy has guts, got to give him that.  I just watched Ryan Clark and Damian Woody on ESPN and they have had it with what’s going on.  At some point it would not surprise me if African-American players walk out.

I think he has got a lot of guts too.. 

Im not convinced that he will never get another HC coaching job in the NFL... he would be an inspiration to a lot of players ...

Aren’t Flores’ claims of racism in hiring practices diminished by the fact he has already been hired as a head coach under that same system?  

I wonder if the racism claim is just window dressing for his intent to take down Ross by making claims of payment for losses and tampering with players, which have nothing to do with racism. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Probably because he had a good financial deal and wanted to coach in the nfl even if the owner was a clown.  He ignored him and made did his thing.  He maintains HiS integrity

huh. He maintained integrity by making sure he got his?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Well, that may be. But his case is also undermined by the fact that the Dolphins did, in fact, hire him.

I read his statement about systemic racism etc and it does seem strange that he filed now before the end of the hiring cycle. If he got hired at HOU or NO... sure, he would not be blowing the whistle on things. But couldn't he use that position to hire a minority coordinator? Couldn't he lead by example, if he wins won't that also potentially help level the playing field for other minority coaches? Instead he takes what may be a very legitimate beef with MIA and drags the Giants and Broncos into it. Feels like the wrong strategy to me.

Seems the Dolphins issue is about ethics and character. If he was so principled he should have quit at that time. But that part of the suit has ethical merit. 

With respect to the Giants and Broncos he was a 24-25 HC at the age of 40. Each of the OC’s have high value based on strong  performance of offenses and QB’s- a huge trend in the NFL. Conversely he has struggled on that side of the ball. First in agreeing to select Tua over Herbert. Not being able to develop his agreed upon QB, and an inability to find the right OC to build continuity. By backstabbing Belli it doesn’t prove anything. Other black coaches had been interviewed. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think he has got a lot of guts too.. 

Im not convinced that he will never get another HC coaching job in the NFL... he would be an inspiration to a lot of players ...

Oh I don’t think he ever gets another NFL job.  That’s why it took a lot of guts.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, 947 said:

The Rooney Rule by definition forces teams to put a list together of the best "black candidates", separate from the "best candidates". And unless one of their top-3 guys is black, it will always result in a fake interview to satisfy the rule. The rule was never going to work. I wonder what happens when a black candidate asks in the interview "is this interview just to satisfy the Rooney Rule?". Teams obviously can't admit it, but both parties know that often times it is exactly that.

Frazier hasn't been looked over because of his skin color, it's because he wasn't good in previous HC experience, and his defensive philosophy is considered old school or antiquated by many.

Bienemy was a hot name for a while, but he reportedly has interviewed poorly when given a shot, and teams are wary of his actual involvement in Reid's offense. Nobody is passing on him based on race.

Worked fine for Mike Tomlin, I don’t think anyone predicted he’d get the Steelers job but he crushed the interviews.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.