Chief Fans Make Donations to Childrens Hospital

BuffaloBillyG

Very cool.

Some of my Bills fan friends think KC/Mahomes will be an obstacle that really holds us back.  But I see it as a rivalry that we'll enjoy for many years.  I could see us matching up against them in the playoffs many times, as I'm sure many here can.

I love that. After years in the wilderness, we're now one of the headliners. We'll get our share against that team, and when all is said & done, it could go down as one of the NFL's great rivalries.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

How cool is it that fans get digs in by supporting other cities' charitable foundations with certain dollar amounts?

Hey, I'm going to rub our win in a bit by buying your grandmother a new lawnmower! A rider! Then I'm getting your kid a new bike. TAKE THAT!

I think this stuff is great... it's all in good fun, and it helps people in the end. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

If it were $17 it might be a nice gesture, but $13 feels like shot at us doesn't it?

One could argue that some of the donations our fans have made have been out of spite or to take a dig at someone else as well.

End of the day, the money helps. And it's nice to see the donations stay in our area for a change.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

How cool is it that fans get digs in by supporting other cities' charitable foundations with certain dollar amounts?

Hey, I'm going to rub our win in a bit by buying your grandmother a new lawnmower! A rider! Then I'm getting your kid a new bike. TAKE THAT!

I think this stuff is great... it's all in good fun, and it helps people in the end. 

Can't wait to return the favor... Oh we won by 10. Here's 10 bucks for pediatric cancer you jerks!

Edited by Motorin'
  • Haha (+1) 5

Just now, Evian said:

These donations are getting annoying. Anyone who thinks the Chiefs fans are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts is clueless.

They are mocking the Bills fans. $17 is respect. $13 is mockery.

And it the end of the day people in Buffalo will benefit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Very cool.

Some of my Bills fan friends think KC/Mahomes will be an obstacle that really holds us back.  But I see it as a rivalry that we'll enjoy for many years.  I could see us matching up against them in the playoffs many times, as I'm sure many here can.

I love that. After years in the wilderness, we're now one of the headliners. We'll get our share against that team, and when all is said & done, it could go down as one of the NFL's great rivalries.

In some ways it can be both.  Mahomes hasn't been the most consistent QB this past season, but when he's on, with all the weapons KC possesses, he certainly does act as an obstacle that must be overcome.  The rivalry thing is also real.  It could be fun to watch for a number of years, if Buffalo can get past the KC/Mahomes obstacle in some of those years.  Mahomes/KC is not the only potential obstacle.  Justin Herbert still might develop into an elite QB of the caliber of Mahomes and Allen.  I don't know that he has quite the mobility/escapability of Mahomes/Allen but he has a real nice skill set.  So too does Joe Burrows, though Burrows merely has a good arm versus a rocket launcher like Mahomes/Allen.

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

If it were $17 it might be a nice gesture, but $13 feels like shot at us doesn't it?

I think it identifies the fanbase contributing as did $17 for #17  Im fine with it but it is/could be seen as snarky I get it.

Edited by muppy

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

And it the end of the day people in Buffalo will benefit. 

Great. 1/100000th of what the city would have gotten from being in an AFC Championship game.

The hospital should return the money. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Evian said:

These donations are getting annoying. Anyone who thinks the Chiefs fans are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts is clueless.

oh yeah.  when i really want to lay into someone, i give money to a charity they support.  i love to see the pain in their eyes after.  

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

oh yeah.  when i really want to lay into someone, i give money to a charity they support.  i love to see the pain in their eyes after.  

They are mocking the Bills for losing and for being virtue signaling clowns. This was nice at first with Dalton and Allen, now it is just a joke. You don't have to do the "look at me" donating to charity every time you win or lose a game. Just give money if you want.  It is getting nauseating to fans all over the NFL.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

32 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

No.

It's more like a praising of the "Miracle of the 13 seconds" and donating to Allen's charity is a nice gesture.

A way of their fanbase saying "Hell of a game, Josh."

Who says KC fans aren't solid?!

They are every bit a solid as us.

Buffalo and KC are at the very top of the NFL fanbase food chain.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Evian said:

They are mocking the Bills for losing and for being virtue signaling clowns. This was nice at first with Dalton and Allen, now it is just a joke. You don't have to do the "look at me" donating to charity every time you win or lose a game. Just give money if you want.  It is getting nauseating to fans all over the NFL.

Is it? Have you conducted a fan poll? Or are you just upset to see people do things that result in good instead of being sad little internet clowns? 

4 minutes ago, Evian said:

Wow, you are sour grapes and have some healing to do before a simple loss in a football game eats you up!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Wow, you are sour grapes and have some healing to do before a simple loss in a football game eats you up!

Honestly I was the same way when I was a kid. Based too much of my own self worth on sports. When the team lost any game I was devastated. But there's more important things in life than to be miserable about the outcome of other people playing a game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

What an amazing outlook you have in life. Just an utter joy.

I do. I gave to Dalton. I gave to Oshei. But this is getting to a point of ridiculous.  It turning the franchise and fans into a bunch of lovable losers. My friends are Giants and Redskins fans who think the Bills fans have turned into attention seeking clowns. Hard to argue with them. 

1 minute ago, Evian said:

I do. I gave to Dalton. I gave to Oshei. But this is getting to a point of ridiculous.  It turning the franchise and fans into a bunch of lovable losers. My friends are Giants and Redskins fans who think the Bills fans have turned into attention seeking clowns. Hard to argue with them. 

Well, you rushing in herr to argue and Piss and moan about charitable donations DOES fit the mold of attention seeking clown. 

Where your story falls apart is by expecting anyone to believe you have friends. Almost had is, though!

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Is it? Have you conducted a fan poll? Or are you just upset to see people do things that result in good instead of being sad little internet clowns? 

evians opinion is his but it reads to me as very shallow and lacking of insight into just WHERE this money is going and how it potentially could be used. In the grand scheme of things it transcends nfl football. What a concept.

smh

• Like (+1) 4

Not sure this story fits here, but didn't want to start a thread on this so here goes.

This morning I was in what could be described as a "high level meeting" with an executive level member of the legal community who happens to be a big Chiefs fan.

We exchanged pleasantries and I graciously bantered about the game  being amazing but heartbreaking.

We proceed through the (video) meeting agenda, then get ready to sign off, and he says "Oh I have one more thing to show you".  He then goes off camera, grabs a ridiculously-sized commemorative Chiefs Super Bowl ring and sticks it into his camera.  I didn't know what to say but managed one more gracious remark before signing off.

Very surprised that someone of his stature would go to that next level.  Maybe I'm just too sensitive or expecting too much class from a victorious fan base.  I'd like to think I'd never go there if I ever got the chance.

49 minutes ago, Evian said:

Gabe Davis did something no other player has done in the playoffs ... seems like it's more of a tip of the cap to Gabe than mockery.

If you think the donations should be bigger blame Davis for picking such a low number 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Evian said:

As someone who is alwys trying to raise money for a non profit that helps children, it doesn't matter if its an insult or not...Money will be used for good. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Evian said:

Go back to bashing McD.  At least you had company in that misery. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.