Jump to content

With the 25th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...


Mark Vader
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't think the odds of Tyler Lindenbaum being available are much higher than Jordan Davis.  There is IMO a slim possibility.  If the bills go for BPA, I'd be intrigued by Jamison Williams.  It's almost a guarantee that there will be a cornerback available at #25 who represents decent value.  I do think the Bills need to upgrade there.  It would be nice if Andrew Booth were available, but it might end up being Trent McDuffie or Roger McCreary.  There are also some offensive linemenI would mind in a Bills uniform: Kenyon Green or Darian Kinnard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I don't think the odds of Tyler Lindenbaum being available are much higher than Jordan Davis.  There is IMO a slim possibility.  If the bills go for BPA, I'd be intrigued by Jamison Williams.  It's almost a guarantee that there will be a cornerback available at #25 who represents decent value.  I do think the Bills need to upgrade there.  It would be nice if Andrew Booth were available, but it might end up being Trent McDuffie or Roger McCreary.  There are also some offensive linemenI would mind in a Bills uniform: Kenyon Green or Darian Kinnard.

 

If Booth is there I'd sprint to the podium. Best corner in the class and in this class a top 6 player IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 716er said:

Olave 

 

Got the jersey on preorder 

Do you know what his 40 time is? I saw a couple videos, and while he appears to have great hands, he didn’t appear to be overly fast or quick...

Edited by JaCrispy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Do you know what his 40 time is? I saw a couple videos, and while he appears to have great hands, he didn’t appear to be overly fast or quick...


Google says 4.4

 

played fast for Ohio State in the games I saw

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2022 at 12:23 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

So you want to use a 1st round pick on a run defender at a position of high bust rate that gives you 40%-45% of the snaps?  

 

Try to remember that job #1 in the NFL is to support your QB...........other than actually getting Josh Allen.........4 of the other 5 #1 picks have been expended on defense.

 

Last I checked the Chiefs finished with a better record than Buffalo and had a bad run defense and are about to advance to their 3rd straight Super Bowl...........so a #1 overall ranked defense like the Bills should probably be enough to "beat other teams".     

 

The Bills are not gifted on offense..........Josh Allen has put a lot of hard miles on his body to make it look that way............it's time to change that.

 

The story of this season isn't not being able to stop the run...........it can be summed up by scoring only 9 points in a game in Jacksonville..........on a day when your QB desperately needed a playmaker to pick him up........there weren't any to be found.


 

also, great way to stop the run: score a lot, fast

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm looking and see realistically the following people being around the 25th pick:

 

Nakobe Dean - LB (depends if there's some QB needy teams that push lower graded picks up)

Breece Hall - RB

David Ojabo - DE

Andrew Booth - CB

Jahan Dotson - WR

Kenyon Green - IOL

Treyvon Walker - DE

 

I don't expect Dean to be there, but he's clear BPA if he falls to 25 and I'd take him there.

 

Hall is interesting, he was stout AF in college and was good catching passes too. Not sure about RB in round one but the production and value are there. Assuming we address more pressing needs in FA I like this pick.

 

I don't like taking a rookie DE this late, you're not getting a day one starter and we've loaded dline the last couple of drafts. There's better value for DL later in the draft. For me this eliminates Ojabo and Walker.

 

Booth is good value here, I'd take him if Dean is off the board.

 

WR doesn't feel like a need but the offseason might shake things up. Depending on how FA plays out I might take Dotson. The value is right.

 

If Green is there at 25 with my starters being Bates and Williams, with Boettger coming off an achilles and the backup options being Mongo and Ford I'm taking Green all day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

What do you think is elite about Hall? I confess I haven't done a lot on the backs so far but I don't know I see an elite trait with him. To be honest he isn't my #1 back in this class at this point (though I reserve the right to change my mind when I get to more games from the running backs). 

 

That is where he will go IMO. I don't see any running backs going day 1. 

When I look at Breece, I see the same thing I saw in Taylor. They were both players on teams where the opposing defenses knew they were the lynch pins to their offenses and if they could stop/contain them their chances of winning were higher. Both of them knew how to get in the end zone. This is what makes them special in my eyes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, uninja said:

I'm looking and see realistically the following people being around the 25th pick:

 

Nakobe Dean - LB (depends if there's some QB needy teams that push lower graded picks up)

Breece Hall - RB

David Ojabo - DE

Andrew Booth - CB

Jahan Dotson - WR

Kenyon Green - IOL

Treyvon Walker - DE

 

I don't expect Dean to be there, but he's clear BPA if he falls to 25 and I'd take him there.

 

Hall is interesting, he was stout AF in college and was good catching passes too. Not sure about RB in round one but the production and value are there. Assuming we address more pressing needs in FA I like this pick.

 

I don't like taking a rookie DE this late, you're not getting a day one starter and we've loaded dline the last couple of drafts. There's better value for DL later in the draft. For me this eliminates Ojabo and Walker.

 

Booth is good value here, I'd take him if Dean is off the board.

 

WR doesn't feel like a need but the offseason might shake things up. Depending on how FA plays out I might take Dotson. The value is right.

 

If Green is there at 25 with my starters being Bates and Williams, with Boettger coming off an achilles and the backup options being Mongo and Ford I'm taking Green all day.

 

CB is a major need and appears to be good value at 25.  That has to be the pick.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2022 at 11:39 AM, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Chris Olave wr or a DB

I'm so on the fence about Olave. He has no physical traits that are overwhelming. Not that big,  not that fast, but he just makes plays all the time. There's something that can't be measured and whatever that is he has it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

of all the starters vs KC.....the weakest were both corners

 

thats the top priority....tre fixes one, but we must upgrade from wallace

so many needs

 

josh, diggs, dawkins, davis, tre, poyer , hyde are studs

 

after that, the bills need an upgrade, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time to upgrade the secondary

 

CB Trent McDuffie 5-11 195 , 40 time 4.42

 

"McDuffie doesn't have the perfect size for the cornerback position when compared to others in the class such as Derek Stingley, however, in our opinion, his major negatives end there. He has elite speed and quickness combined with a natural feel for tight coverage who often blankets the opposing team's top receiver with ease while being a solid tackler who isn't afraid of contact. He also has for the most part avoided injuries despite being involved in a lot of action.
We consider McDuffie to be an elite prospect who could quite easily become a lockdown corner at the next level and excel in both man and zone coverage. He's likely going to hear his name called at the end of the first round, however, he's worth a top 15 selection in the 2022 NFL Draft."

 

 

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Trent-McDuffie-DB-Washington

 

 

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

of all the starters vs KC.....the weakest were both corners

 

thats the top priority....tre fixes one, but we must upgrade from wallace

so many needs

 

josh, diggs, dawkins, davis, tre, poyer , hyde are studs

 

after that, the bills need an upgrade, 

Plus, above-average CBs are relatively expensive in FA, if they even reach FA. 

 

Once you've got your QB, ya gotta keep the prospect pipeline stocked at DL, DB, and/or WR. Those individual freaks tip the balance. Other positions and groups (like OL but not necessarily based on individual talents/pedigrees) still matter, but the elite guys who play out there in space (DB and WR), or perhaps prevent the QB from involving them (DL), matter most.

 

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Time to upgrade the secondary

 

CB Trent McDuffie 5-11 195 , 40 time 4.42

 

"McDuffie doesn't have the perfect size for the cornerback position when compared to others in the class such as Derek Stingley, however, in our opinion, his major negatives end there. He has elite speed and quickness combined with a natural feel for tight coverage who often blankets the opposing team's top receiver with ease while being a solid tackler who isn't afraid of contact. He also has for the most part avoided injuries despite being involved in a lot of action.
We consider McDuffie to be an elite prospect who could quite easily become a lockdown corner at the next level and excel in both man and zone coverage. He's likely going to hear his name called at the end of the first round, however, he's worth a top 15 selection in the 2022 NFL Draft."

 

 

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Trent-McDuffie-DB-Washington

 

 

 

Sounds perfect for the Bills. What a steal that would be so late in the 1st round.

Edited by Richard Noggin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Plus, above-average CBs are relatively expensive in FA, if they even reach FA. 

 

Once you've got your QB, ya gotta keep the prospect pipeline stocked at DL, DB, and/or WR. Those individual freaks tip the balance. Other positions and groups (like OL but not necessarily based on individual talents/pedigrees) still matter, but the elite guys who play out there in space (DB and WR), or perhaps prevent the QB from involving them (DL), matter most.

 

Sounds perfect for the Bills. What a steal that would be so late in the 1st round.

 

If you go to that site they have great right ups on the prospects and there are quite a few corners.

 

I dont like drafting secondary because i like the big guys but it must be done. I miss the days of physical football but those days are gone.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This Stackpole guy at CBS has us taking OL Kenyon Green.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-malik-willis-rides-impressive-senior-bowl-week-into-top-10-saints-steelers-also-add-qbs/

 

@GunnerBill how do you see him and which position do you project him in NFL? Would you consider drafting him if you were Bills?

 

There are Booth, Williams and Penning still on the board when we choose btw. That would be hell of a choice for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...