With the 25th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Mark Vader

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

The pick has to be CB.  A starting one won't be available in FA at a reasonable price and with Wallace likely leaving and Tre's status up in the air, it's a need.  They can add a WR or two in FA or the later rounds of the draft.

This makes sense. Don't have the cap to get a quality CB in FA. Then again CBs are not the only expensive FAs out there. Whatever they pick, they have to hit it out of the park. Offense makes sense too. Middle of the OL and WR. We need some speed on O. Couple of different ways to look at it.

13 hours ago, Golden said:

Doesn’t seem likely but 6foot 1 inch 220 pound Breece Hall, runs a 4.39 40. 

No way do the Bills take a RB in rd #1 - plus this guy took a lot of hits in college - he is also considered weak in pass protection - highly doubtful the Bills pick him up

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Exactly. I’m tired of all the early picks on defense. It’s gotten us the number one defense in the league with a lot of solid young players to develop. Enough. 

What we need to do is load up on offense. Our WR are either old or slow. We don’t have anyone that os young with speed. Our RB room is slow too. On top of that, we still need some solid guards to protect Allen and open holes for our runners. 

No. No. No. you can just as easily add a corner in the later rounds. It works both ways. Time to start throwing some elite traits into this offense and make it unstoppable. 

I think we are generally on the same page about our needs and which positions to draft early in 2022, but I disagree with the bolded.

It's not only you but many people on this board say the same - enough of early picks on defense, let's go offense this time.

I think it is completely irrelevant what we drafted in the past. We have current team, look at it and draft accordingly. I don't care if we draft 3 CBs in the first round in a row if it's somehow best for the team each year.

But I do agree now is the time to draft WR and OL early. It's much bigger need than anything on defense (except CB, who would I draft also in first 3 rounds).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I think we are generally on the same page about our needs and which positions to draft early in 2022, but I disagree with the bolded.

It's not only you but many people on this board say the same - enough of early picks on defense, let's go offense this time.

I think it is completely irrelevant what we drafted in the past. We have current team, look at it and draft accordingly. I don't care if we draft 3 CBs in the first round in a row if it's somehow best for the team each year.

But I do agree now is the time to draft WR and OL early. It's much bigger need than anything on defense (except CB, who would I draft also in first 3 rounds).

Yes I agree. However, I have zero hope in first round offensive talent with this staff. It’s almost like McD pitches a fit and begs for defense and only after that is he ok with going offense. I could be off, but I don’t think I’m far from being accurate. 

On 1/30/2022 at 6:25 AM, LyndonvilleBill said:

Or you might be able to get Jerome Ford later in the draft. 5 ' 11: 220e and a 4.36. I'm not a fan of RB's in the 1st round.

That’s a really good point, still get the size, speed & power we need 👍

On 1/30/2022 at 10:46 AM, BuffaloBill said:

No way do the Bills take a RB in rd #1 - plus this guy took a lot of hits in college - he is also considered weak in pass protection - highly doubtful the Bills pick him up

Good additional information on the pass blocking 👍

On 1/30/2022 at 10:46 AM, BuffaloBill said:

They said the exact same thing about Jonathan Taylor. Also said Taylor wasn't a good receiver. 

20 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They said the exact same thing about Jonathan Taylor. Also said Taylor wasn't a good receiver. 

Far bigger needs than RB.  Meanwhile Taylor was a 2nd rounder and the 3rd RB taken.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:26 AM, Solomon Grundy said:

I did not say the same about Taylor. I absolutely loved him. There isn't a Jonathan Taylor in this class. 

On 2/2/2022 at 1:48 AM, Doc said:

Far bigger needs than RB.  Meanwhile Taylor was a 2nd rounder and the 3rd RB taken.

Yea lord knows how. He was a classic case of overthinking. To take CEH ahead of him is borderline criminal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

BPA regardless of position (Obviously not qb, Punter, Kicker, Long snapper.) otherwise just take best player. Fill needs later on if BPA doesn't match need. I want talented players not guys that just fill a hole in our roster but are average or mediocre. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.