With the 25th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Mark Vader

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I did not say the same about Taylor. I absolutely loved him. There isn't a Jonathan Taylor in this class. 

Yea lord knows how. He was a classic case of overthinking. To take CEH ahead of him is borderline criminal. 

Yes, I believe you and I were banging the same drum for Taylor. I'm not sure there isn't another Taylor in this draft. I'm pretty high on Breece Hall. Just wanna see how he times in the 40

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yes, I believe you and I were banging the same drum for Taylor. I'm not sure there isn't another Taylor in this draft. I'm pretty high on Breece Hall. Just wanna see how he times in the 40

I'd like to get Breece Hall on day two.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

What do you think is elite about Hall? I confess I haven't done a lot on the backs so far but I don't know I see an elite trait with him. To be honest he isn't my #1 back in this class at this point (though I reserve the right to change my mind when I get to more games from the running backs). 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I'd like to get Breece Hall on day two.

That is where he will go IMO. I don't see any running backs going day 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I like him a lot but,

1) I think he’ll be gone

2) I think he’s to center specific and Morse might end up being here 2-3 more years. 

Morse has one year left on his deal and I’ve also seen talks of retirement but maybe no merit to those. Would suck if he decided to retire after the draft. 

I don’t think Linderbaum is an option with Morse around though, seems dumb to draft someone in the first round who would sit on the bench for a year. 

2 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Morse has one year left on his deal and I’ve also seen talks of retirement but maybe no merit to those. Would suck if he decided to retire after the draft. 

I don’t think Linderbaum is an option with Morse around though, seems dumb to draft someone in the first round who would sit on the bench for a year. 

22 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I like him a lot but,

1) I think he’ll be gone

2) I think he’s to center specific and Morse might end up being here 2-3 more years. 

So Linderbaum is super athletic, and similar in size to Ryan Bates. He is also a converted D linemen, and a former wrestler. I see no reason why he could not play guard for a year. I also see no reason that Morse could not move to guard. That might actually protect Morse more. And a move to more zone blocking probably pushes Williams out. 

I do think Linderbaum will be gone, but there is a chance simply because centers always drop, but he’s a generational talent. He really isn’t a true need for us either, but if he’s there he is probably BPA. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think the odds of Tyler Lindenbaum being available are much higher than Jordan Davis.  There is IMO a slim possibility.  If the bills go for BPA, I'd be intrigued by Jamison Williams.  It's almost a guarantee that there will be a cornerback available at #25 who represents decent value.  I do think the Bills need to upgrade there.  It would be nice if Andrew Booth were available, but it might end up being Trent McDuffie or Roger McCreary.  There are also some offensive linemenI would mind in a Bills uniform: Kenyon Green or Darian Kinnard.

55 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I don't think the odds of Tyler Lindenbaum being available are much higher than Jordan Davis.  There is IMO a slim possibility.  If the bills go for BPA, I'd be intrigued by Jamison Williams.  It's almost a guarantee that there will be a cornerback available at #25 who represents decent value.  I do think the Bills need to upgrade there.  It would be nice if Andrew Booth were available, but it might end up being Trent McDuffie or Roger McCreary.  There are also some offensive linemenI would mind in a Bills uniform: Kenyon Green or Darian Kinnard.

If Booth is there I'd sprint to the podium. Best corner in the class and in this class a top 6 player IMO.

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Do you know what his 40 time is? I saw a couple videos, and while he appears to have great hands, he didn’t appear to be overly fast or quick...

Google says 4.4

played fast for Ohio State in the games I saw

On 1/24/2022 at 12:23 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

So you want to use a 1st round pick on a run defender at a position of high bust rate that gives you 40%-45% of the snaps?  

Try to remember that job #1 in the NFL is to support your QB...........other than actually getting Josh Allen.........4 of the other 5 #1 picks have been expended on defense.

Last I checked the Chiefs finished with a better record than Buffalo and had a bad run defense and are about to advance to their 3rd straight Super Bowl...........so a #1 overall ranked defense like the Bills should probably be enough to "beat other teams".     

The Bills are not gifted on offense..........Josh Allen has put a lot of hard miles on his body to make it look that way............it's time to change that.

The story of this season isn't not being able to stop the run...........it can be summed up by scoring only 9 points in a game in Jacksonville..........on a day when your QB desperately needed a playmaker to pick him up........there weren't any to be found.

also, great way to stop the run: score a lot, fast

• Like (+1) 2

I'm looking and see realistically the following people being around the 25th pick:

Nakobe Dean - LB (depends if there's some QB needy teams that push lower graded picks up)

Breece Hall - RB

David Ojabo - DE

Andrew Booth - CB

Jahan Dotson - WR

Kenyon Green - IOL

Treyvon Walker - DE

I don't expect Dean to be there, but he's clear BPA if he falls to 25 and I'd take him there.

Hall is interesting, he was stout AF in college and was good catching passes too. Not sure about RB in round one but the production and value are there. Assuming we address more pressing needs in FA I like this pick.

I don't like taking a rookie DE this late, you're not getting a day one starter and we've loaded dline the last couple of drafts. There's better value for DL later in the draft. For me this eliminates Ojabo and Walker.

Booth is good value here, I'd take him if Dean is off the board.

WR doesn't feel like a need but the offseason might shake things up. Depending on how FA plays out I might take Dotson. The value is right.

If Green is there at 25 with my starters being Bates and Williams, with Boettger coming off an achilles and the backup options being Mongo and Ford I'm taking Green all day.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What do you think is elite about Hall? I confess I haven't done a lot on the backs so far but I don't know I see an elite trait with him. To be honest he isn't my #1 back in this class at this point (though I reserve the right to change my mind when I get to more games from the running backs). 

That is where he will go IMO. I don't see any running backs going day 1. 

When I look at Breece, I see the same thing I saw in Taylor. They were both players on teams where the opposing defenses knew they were the lynch pins to their offenses and if they could stop/contain them their chances of winning were higher. Both of them knew how to get in the end zone. This is what makes them special in my eyes

34 minutes ago, uninja said:

I'm looking and see realistically the following people being around the 25th pick:

Nakobe Dean - LB (depends if there's some QB needy teams that push lower graded picks up)

Breece Hall - RB

David Ojabo - DE

Andrew Booth - CB

Jahan Dotson - WR

Kenyon Green - IOL

Treyvon Walker - DE

I don't expect Dean to be there, but he's clear BPA if he falls to 25 and I'd take him there.

Hall is interesting, he was stout AF in college and was good catching passes too. Not sure about RB in round one but the production and value are there. Assuming we address more pressing needs in FA I like this pick.

I don't like taking a rookie DE this late, you're not getting a day one starter and we've loaded dline the last couple of drafts. There's better value for DL later in the draft. For me this eliminates Ojabo and Walker.

Booth is good value here, I'd take him if Dean is off the board.

WR doesn't feel like a need but the offseason might shake things up. Depending on how FA plays out I might take Dotson. The value is right.

If Green is there at 25 with my starters being Bates and Williams, with Boettger coming off an achilles and the backup options being Mongo and Ford I'm taking Green all day.

CB is a major need and appears to be good value at 25.  That has to be the pick.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.