With the 25th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Mark Vader

if there is a starting caliber CB at 25,  thats who we take imo.   if not,  u move back.    mbe a top end guard falls but i doubt it.

the more cover corners we can put on the field,  the better chances we have against the Chefs, etc.

Edited by bigduke6

15 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Cincinnati defensive personnel isn’t any better than the Bills. Scheme lost that game 

Mahomes had the worst half of his career against the Bengals. Their defense didn't win them that game. Mahomes lost it. I'm not betting on that outcome. We need to be able to rush 4 and get pressure on him, then turn that pressure into a sack. We need a cover corner that can stop Hill from picking up chunk yardage. We need a MLB that can stay disciplined and not get abused by Kelce and Mahomes's eyes. At least one of those pieces is needed if we hope to stop the Chiefs offense when Mahomes is playing at his usual caliber.

• Agree 1

With a late 1st round pick, I'm looking to get the most talented player who can be a starter.  I don't need to chase a Chiefs stopper or a speed need.  You can get defensive depth in FA and you can get speed past the 1st round.  Also, I think we have several positional needs so I don't think its right to hone in on absolutely getting a CB with 25th pick or absolutely getting a speed WR there either. That said, I'm hoping one of these guys is available with that pick:

CB Roger McCreary

CB Ahmad Gardner

WR Chris Olave

WR Jameson Williams

DE David Ojabo

CB makes alot of sense to me not just because its a need position ton but because they will be able to get a cheap 1st round contract to pair with Tre White's for the next few years.  I don't think they'll have the cap flexibilty to spend at this position in FA in future years and I would expect us to take a CB early and in the mid rounds.

I'm also looking to trade down out of this pick if we can get and extra 2 and 3.  I might rather have multiple 2s and 3s in this draft TBH.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I don't think it's realistic to expect 30+ points a game in order to win. I think it more realistic to hold a team under 30. We scored on every posession against the Pats and 36 points against the Chiefs. Should have been MORE than enough. Offense wasn't an issue in my opinion. But I can see you are more offensive minded and I am more defensive minded. All good. I'll stick with my 25th pick at CB.😉

The COACHING WAS THE ISSUE in the KC loss.  Not sure what else there is to say.  This isn’t a talent problem.  WE HAD THE NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE…..

yet it’s not good enough.  Ok then, find me a D that is good enough.  Cinci? Their D is better than ours because they had a better game that day?  Good lord.  

I’ve said my peace.  Not much else to say here. Imo, we have Josh Allen and we should be doing everything in our power to keep him healthy and dominant.  Sure, our defense could be better.  So can every defense in the league.  The nfl rules are prohibiting teams from being dominant on D on a game to game basis. We ended the season not punting in 4 of 5 games (prior to the KC loss) iirc.  2 times vs a top 5 D.   It’s hard to consistently win with defense in todays nfl

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

I'm also looking to trade down out of this pick if we can get and extra 2 and 3.  I might rather have multiple 2s and 3s in this draft TBH.

One potential trade down target is the Lions at 31 or 32 (their pick from the Rams). We pick in front of the Titans, Packers, and Bucs. Depending on how the offseason goes all of those teams could potentially want a QB in round 1. The Lions may want to get in front of them and take their choice of QB.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The COACHING WAS THE ISSUE in the KC loss.  Not sure what else there is to say.  This isn’t a talent problem.  WE HAD THE NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE…..

yet it’s not good enough.  Ok then, find me a D that is good enough.  Cinci? Their D is better than ours because they had a better game that day?  Good lord.  

I’ve said my peace.  Not much else to say here. Imo, we have Josh Allen and we should be doing everything in our power to keep him healthy and dominant.  Sure, our defense could be better.  So can every defense in the league.  The nfl rules are prohibiting teams from being dominant on D on a game to game basis. We ended the season not punting in 4 of 5 games (prior to the KC loss) iirc.  2 times vs a top 5 D.   It’s hard to consistently win with defense in todays nfl

You kind of made my case.👍

"No punts"! How much more offense do we need? Would another #1 receiver won any of the last 5 games? Or would a top corner have helped more against the Chiefs?

Our D IS good enough when our talent is there. (Tre). No Tre, no win. Hence forth why I want a top corner in the draft. He won't be there to start the season and Levi or Jackson are not DB1's. And Levi probably won't be back either.

Just to be clear and I believe I have said it in other posts. I am ALL for an offensive driven draft after getting a CB. I'd be happy running the rest of the D back again next year.

6 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

You kind of made my case.👍

"No punts"! How much more offense do we need? Would another #1 receiver won any of the last 5 games? Or would a top corner have helped more against the Chiefs?

Our D IS good enough when our talent is there. (Tre). No Tre, no win. Hence forth why I want a top corner in the draft. He won't be there to start the season and Levi or Jackson are not DB1's. And Levi probably won't be back either.

Just to be clear and I believe I have said it in other posts. I am ALL for an offensive driven draft after getting a CB. I'd be happy running the rest of the D back again next year.

Our defense made my point.  We had the number 1 defense in the league. Yet you say it’s not good enough because KC scored 42 in that ONE GAME. 

My comment just shows how good our offense CAN be because of our QB.  If we surround him with better and better weapons we might actually become the most unstoppable offense in history.  That’s not exaggerating.  Josh is that good.  Allow him to be.  

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Our defense made my point.  We had the number 1 defense in the league. Yet you say it’s not good enough because KC scored 42 in that ONE GAME. 

My comment just shows how good our offense CAN be because of our QB.  If we surround him with better and better weapons we might actually become the most unstoppable offense in history.  That’s not exaggerating.  Josh is that good.  Allow him to be.  

I guess in a round about way, yes. That ONE GAME. We can go 18 (19)&0 but if we cant stop or get past the Chiefs in the playoffs, what's it matter? I just don't think scoring 50 points is a realistic way to do it.

Although I love the conversation and back and forth, I think we are at a point of agree to disagree. I'm not really here to argue opinions. We all have them and there is no way to really win an opinion based disagreement. As my ex would tell you, I'm stubborn and hard headed. 😁.

I will agree with you on Josh though and he does deserve every weapon and tool available for him to win (after a CB in rnd 1).😉

On 1/24/2022 at 12:24 PM, CapeBreton said:

What’s the story on Olave? He doesn’t appear to have stats worthy of going in the first round but that seems to be where he is ranked. 

Ohio state had three 1000+ WRs in 2021, they didn’t go to him exclusively this year. Adding him to Diggs and Davis would be amazing. His polished route running and technique would have him producing on this team immediately. 

I think he may end up going in the 2nd round. He plays faster than I think he will run at the combine and doesn’t have great size. He just gets open and plays the position flawlessly. Beane seems to draft based more on film than workouts so I think he could go for him at 25 but it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s drafted on day 2. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ohio state had three 1000+ WRs in 2021, they didn’t go to him exclusively this year. Adding him to Diggs and Davis would be amazing. His polished route running and technique would have him producing on this team immediately. 

I think he may end up going in the 2nd round. He plays faster than I think he will run at the combine and doesn’t have great size. He just gets open and plays the position flawlessly. Beane seems to draft based more on film than workouts so I think he could go for him at 25 but it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s drafted on day 2. 

The WRs are so hard to predict. I think any of about 6 could be the first off the board.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

See I don't feel that way about Wilson. I know you will have seen a lot more of him than me, but he just leaves me wanting a bit more on film. 

His hands bother me at times and he doesn’t have great size but he’s a complete offensive weapon and can also return kicks, I think he has WR1 potential but put him in the young Emmanuel sanders category. He plays with an edge that I think some teams will really value. He will go ahead of Olave, which I don’t think is a real hot take but Olave may be the bigger name to some. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

See I don't feel that way about Wilson. I know you will have seen a lot more of him than me, but he just leaves me wanting a bit more on film. 

I agree with you. From what I've read and the little I've watched, I see him as another Diggs. REALLY good, but doesn't add something we don't already have. Now Burks.... I would jump on and change my thoughts on taking a CB at 25. I think Burks would be the only WR I would take over a CB in rnd 1.🤔

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like Burks, Wilson and London are 1st round locks. Not sure about the others. 

I can’t wait to see where Jameson Williams lands but I also don’t think he’s a first round lock with the ACL tear. His tape is amazing though, I’d still love to draft him at 25. I really can’t see the Bills going WR is round one, doesn’t feel like their style, I’m guessing defense is the pick.  

3 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I agree with you. From what I've read and the little I've watched, I see him as another Diggs. REALLY good, but doesn't add something we don't already have. Now Burks.... I would jump on and change my thoughts on taking a CB at 25. I think Burks would be the only WR I would take over a CB in rnd 1.🤔

Burks would take the offense to another level for sure. I do see Diggs in Wilson. I’ve said the same. Wilson will mix it up with any defender, he’s an extremely competitive cat. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Burks would take the offense to another level for sure. I do see Diggs in Wilson. I’ve said the same. Wilson will mix it up with any defender, he’s an extremely competitive cat. 

Wilson seems more athletic and physical than Diggs.

If I'm picking a WR from this class to best fit into our room it's Dotson.  

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Would love Wilson in the slot for the Bills.   Olave is probably the most pro ready but love what Wilson bringa in terms of speed.

18 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I can’t wait to see where Jameson Williams lands but I also don’t think he’s a first round lock with the ACL tear. His tape is amazing though, I’d still love to draft him at 25. I really can’t see the Bills going WR is round one, doesn’t feel like their style, I’m guessing defense is the pick.  

It’s a deep enough draft and the need is there on defense so that I’m ok not going offense in the 1st but love some of these WRs. As for Jamo, his trait is speed. I don’t know how the injury will impact that. He does have the bama pedigree but he’s a bit of a one trick pony (which is why he couldn’t get enough playing time at Ohio state with the other 3 there) when considering 1st round. Then again will fuller went in the 1st. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.