Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Unfortunately, this loss could be considered such a failure. Nothing is promised from year to year. Aaron Rodgers hasn't had another hack at a Superbowl in a long time, for example. Gotta capitalize on every opportunity, every game.

This year was it. First our regular season schedule was pretty decent in terms of ‘easiness’, then the Colts and Chargers bowed out in week eighteen, lining up a better match up against the Pats, followed by the Bengals beating Derrick Henry’s Titans, the Packers and the Bucs bowing out… sorry, it was our chance and we blew it. We gifted it to Mahomes and KC.

I doubt things will fall into play so readily next season.

• Like (+1) 2

The utter lack of courage by the coaches on the 13 second drive has made the Bills a poster child for blowing a big game. Allen and the offense showed amazing courage scoring twice in the last few minutes. The coaches were so absolutely gutless and stupid giving the victory away in the last 13 seconds. Now we will have to hear about it for many many years to come. What other team has done this in the playoffs? 13 seconds. Mahomes will get the credit but the coaches basically just gave it to him.   

I could not even believe what I was seeing. It should have gone down in history as one of the greatest QB performances in playoff history. Instead, because the coaches had no balls whatsoever, it is one of the greatest collapses in playoff history and the wrong qb will be honored and probably win another SB.

I would be so ***** pissed at

whoever called that defense if I was a Bills player. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Your tone is ridiculous. I'm not saying anything so absolute as we shouldn't feel for these guys after a loss. I'm merely calling for some sanity. I see my own family, including myself, take it too far all the time. 

We're rooting for athletic, blessed millionaires who mostly don't even reside permanently in our region. We don't need to feel TOO badly for them when they lose a game. And that's the thing, I'm acknowledging that they ARE human beings who DO feel these disappointments in very real ways. Money doesn't absolve that. So let's appreciate their hard work, but not get carried away in the loss feels for THEM. I promise it's worse for most middle- and lower-class WNYers. 

You must be a lot of fun at parties. How many posts are you going to mention that they are millionaires. You're really hung up on how much money they have.

How noble of you to acknowledge that they are human beings with feelings.

This has nothing to do with middle/lower class people. Good grief you are an oddball.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You must be a lot of fun at parties. How many posts are you going to mention that they are millionaires. You're really hung up on how much money they have.

This has nothing to do with middle/lower class people. Good grief you are an oddball.

if fans weren't passionate, these guys wouldn't make anywhere near the money they do. they can either grow thick skin or learn to ignore it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guys, this loss stings HARD.  But losing this game in no way means we "just lost another Super Bowl".  This is the friggin' NFL where games aren't won on paper or 'feelings'.  There is absolutely no guarantee that the Bengals would have just come to Buffalo and laid down for us.  And even if we did beat the Bengals, the Rams/49ers ridiculous pass rush may have eaten our shabby O-line for dinner (the way the Bucs did Mahomes last year when everyone thought he was untouchable).

We lost a tough game to what is now our only rival in the AFC.  But it was still just a divisional game.  No promises that the Chiefs win next week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

Guys, this loss stings HARD.  But losing this game in no way means we "just lost another Super Bowl".  This is the friggin' NFL where games aren't won on paper or 'feelings'.  There is absolutely no guarantee that the Bengals would have just come to Buffalo and laid down for us.  And even if we did beat the Bengals, the Rams/49ers ridiculous pass rush may have eaten our shabby O-line for dinner (the way the Bucs did Mahomes last year when everyone thought he was untouchable).

We lost a tough game to what is now our only rival in the AFC.  But it was still just a divisional game.  No promises that the Chiefs win next week.

Really, really great post.  I agree with all of this.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, par73 said:

At the very least, upgrades are needed on the DL. Frasier should be gone. He was rushing four with 13 seconds left. Just horrible.

He was playing prevent TD defense when they needed a FG.  It was some of the worst decision making I've ever seen at the NFL level.

• Agree 2

Just now, klos63 said:

I'm a great deal of fun at parties, if I do say so myself. And it's funny, in my opinion, that we (including me) often share so much empathy for the players instead of for one another. I do it all the time. I feel for these guys.

But, I mean, the WNY teacher and the fireman and the nurse and the server who maybe have season tickets and have suffered heartbreaks like SBXXV and the Music City Miracle deserve more recognition for their pain than the 20-something athlete who lives elsewhere, makes a handsome wage, and will likely move on sooner rather than later. It's a simple point that needn't be repeated like this except for your rejection of its central premise. So chill out. Let me celebrate my fellow WNYers and their legacy of disappointment before we lose an inordinate amount of sleep over the playoff plights of gifted young professional athletes.  

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

He was playing prevent TD defense when they needed a FG.  It was some of the worst decision making I've ever seen at the NFL level.

And protecting the boundaries when they had all of their timeouts! Just a total miscall (not to mention they called TO before, so they had time to think about it!)

Been thinking about the final 13 seconds. Squib it, I get that. Even if you don't, couldn't you just press every receiver and just grab them and tackle them so they can't run their routes? Yes, you get called for holding and the Chiefs get 5 yards, but time ticks off the clock. Next play, do the same thing. More time ticks off. Who cares if you give them 5 yards two or three times? The time will run out. Keep the safeties deep if you want to protect in case Mahomes scrambles or a running back gets it.

Anyways, I think the defensive coaches did not think through this situation properly. They should have never gone to a prevent defense.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

am i the only person who only cares about the bills? 

i watched 18 minutes of the bucs rams today, and it is the most football outside of bills games that ive watched this season. combined. 

i might watch the sb if there is a fun party to go to. that's it. 

I especially feel that way about the NFC

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.