Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

40 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

You know there's a good 25 franchises that would hire McDermott in a second right? He's up there in the elite category.

He's been a blessing for this franchise. 

How do you know he called those plays there.. we really don't know but one thing is certain, McD is a phenomenal coach all around.  

And all 25 would reach the same conclusions after seeing his constant failures in crucial moments

He's not phenomenal at all...he's a culture/process guy that will take your team to a certain level, but no further. That is not phenomenal in any way, shape, or form.

I won't argue that he's been good for this franchise, but this team now has a top 3 (maybe the best) QB in the league and has championship expectations.

You are either content with what he's given you and accept that you'll likely never reach the ultimate goal, or you do not accept good and you go for greatness.

We know where we both stand

• Disagree 1

53 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Thursday, September 8, 2022. NFL season kickoff, Bills at Chiefs. Prove me wrong.

Rematch! Something that PO's me is why are we always facing KC at Arrowhead vs. Orchard Park during the regular season?  Seems more fair that we should not have to go to their place twice in a row in consecutive seasons?  I get it that we lost home field advantage in the playoffs, but I'm getting tired of seeing that place.

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Rematch! Something that PO's me is why are we always facing KC at Arrowhead vs. Orchard Park during the regular season?  Seems more fair that we should not have to go to their place twice in a row in consecutive seasons?  I get it that we lost home field advantage in the playoffs, but I'm getting tired of seeing that place.

9-6 was the reason last night wasn't in OP.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

I agree, I would much rather play them at home.  But I think finding success there in week 5 this season has boosted Josh Allen's confidence in his ability to play them on the road.   Unlike the carousel of QBs we had the last 20 years, JA doesn't get rattled under pressure.

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

There are no gurantees, jusk ask Marino & Shula.

And here’s the rub for that HOF 13 second HCing FUBAR!

As per Eminem in ‘8 Mile’, when you get that ONE shot at the Brass Ring, you better take it- not blow it! 

ANY number of negative factors, including injury, retirement, trades, etc. get in the way of duplicating your supreme effort.

Seize the moment with victory. Otherwise, history will seal your fate.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, boco357 said:

For a team that was borderline obsessed with short kickoff not to do in that situation. 

Ugh looked at future schedules and have to go to Arrowhead in 2022 and 2023.

Really? Are they ever come to Buffalo in regular season? 3 straight years we play them on the road. What about the Titans, seems we always play them on the road too

Can’t get over Allen hype on the sidelines after everyone thought we slayed the dragon and were hosting the AFC CG.   

Only to have this defense rip everyone’s hearts out.  

Someone in another thread said “they hate this defense like they’re an opposing team”… and that’s honestly where I’m at today.  All he investment, all the disrespect cards played by Hyde/Poyer… I almost wish someone like Sullivan would go at them today.  They deserve to sit there and take it.  

When your QB throws for 329 and 4 TDs, then the O is not part of the problem.

Now I don't know what information led to the decision to protect the sidelines with zone coverages and let the best YAC team in the NFL run the middle of the field.  But it was the wrong one.  And I don't know what the situational decision making process was, but whoever thought it was a good idea to give free releases to receivers at any point...well they were wrong too.  These perspectives do not require hindsight when you're talking about the Chiefs.

To win the game, we had to keep the clock running, and keep the chiefs from scoring.  They had all their TOs and the best YAC receivers in the game.  They had 13 seconds.  A sack basically wins the game, but our whole DL system is designed to generate pressures rather than sacks. 

Drop everybody into coverage, and get physical at the LOS.  The Chiefs aren't winning any jump balls, that's not who they are.  Make Mahomes stand back there and pat the ball, because time is your friend.  Leaving the hash marks open (ie, just what we did...) is an easy read for an easy throw and catch. Which defeats our goal of making everything take as much time as possible.

That situational coaching was piss poor.  It identified the right objectives, then for some reason completely ignore the Chiefs strengths as an O, and their available resources (players, time outs).  May as well have thrown out a red carpet for the FG team.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

It seems like no other team loses a game like that. 13 seconds. But this team not only does lose that type of game, they have done it that way several times. When can it just NOT be us? When can we be the team that ends up showing another fan base pity for being on the wrong end? I guess the comeback game? But Christ. Enough is enough 

McD and Frazier failed so miserably and wasted one of the greatest opportunities to finally bring a title to Buffalo. It's another very tough day to be a Bills fan. 

And I don't really think McD or Frazier can improve. They had an entire season to adjust and they got completely overmatched again. So it feels like this team is destined to be 2nd best for years to come.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

McD and Frazier failed so miserably and wasted one of the greatest opportunities to finally bring a title to Buffalo. It's another very tough day to be a Bills fan. 

And I don't really think McD or Frazier can improve. They had an entire season to adjust and they got completely overmatched again. So it feels like this team is destined to be 2nd best for years to come.

Yep.

In totality Mcd is a good coach, but I find he lets the big moments get the best of him. So many poor decisions yesterday.

Now Frazier?

I have never been a fan of him and I hope he is gone next year. Had enough of his conservative, vanilla play calling.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.