Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I think the coaching really deserves to be asked some hard questions though.  I think all season it's been highlighted that they're making really questionable decisions at critical moments.

That's not to say they're bad coaches.  You can be a poor game manager and a good coach, but I think to deny how they've hurt the team in key moments is kind of foolish.

Agreed...They have to get better...This game was so close we needed them on point. We all knew they would not stop KC and Mahomes all together...

But the 2...two 3rd and shorts completely taking the ball out of Josh's hands...What is that? And those 13 freaking seconds...That was bad...They're gonna have to answer for that kinda stuff...for sure...B-)

• Agree 2

#1. Hughes and Addison were a step too slow and got way too far upfield the entire first half. Slightly faster, or slightly smarter and we probably get a big lead early.

#2. Play calling got weird and conservative in the middle of the game leading to punts and 3-and-outs (which tired out the defense, screwing us late in the game)

#3. Terrible defensive coaching/scheming lost us the game at the end.

#4. Soft defensive holding allowed the Chiefs to turn 3 points into 7. Chiefs were holding and running illegal pick plays all game with no calls. I really didn't understand that call if they were going to let them play.

I hope Daboll and Frazier are gone. Hopefully Buffalo is a destination for good coordinators due to our talent level.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

Agreed...They have to get better...This game was so close we needed them on point. We all knew they would not stop KC and Mahomes all together...

But the 2...two 3rd and shorts completely taking the ball out of Josh's hands...What is that? And those 13 freaking seconds...That was bad...They're gonna have to answer for that kinda stuff...for sure...B-)

I think Daboll likely is out the door with a HC position, so he won't be answering to much.

Frankly if Fraiser and Daboll left I don't know how I'd feel, but I don't think I'd be that worried.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

yup. those calls with josh and the other wasted plays because we decided to get cute when we were in 4 down territory were my biggest gripe until the end of the game made me pretty much forgive those errors. 

daboll is okay enough. that's it. just okay. i won't be sad or worried when/if he goes. 

1 minute ago, stryker5673 said:

This came down to them having homefield advantage. 

If we could've taken care of business against Jacksonville, we would've had an edge in HFA. That's how razor thin that loss is. 

Our period of inconsistency during the season hurt us. Also, not having Tre White. 

We matched KC tonight. That could've gone either way. Our future is bright. Allen has proved he's elite and should be trusted to rip the ball downfield more. He's a baller. And Gabe Davis is a monster. 

If anything, i say try to improve the pass rush and get some corners. 

The most important thing is that we absolutely have an elite franchise QB. 

I would even argue Allen ascended to a NEW LEVEL OF QB PLAY during the end of the season and especially during the playoffs. I think Daboll's biggest failure tonight was not recognizing how effing dialed-in his elite QB was, and instead calling a balanced game during the first half. 

Eff that. We should have had the ball in Allen's hands for every 3rd down (and beyond). JA17 was ready to be transcendent from the start. We squandered that magic for two+ full quarters.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I may be wrong, but I always thought there was. I mean yeah, kick it deep and hope Hill doesn't return it, but a squib kick could be fielded and downed without the clock starting

I agree...To me it's not the kick at all...For all we know they wanted Bass to kick it just short of the goal line and he just got too much leg into it...We may never know...

The 13 seconds are what matters IMHO...B-)

12 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

Too funny... my wife and I had the same conversation!

Not funny but my wife said the game is over when 13 seconds were left. My friends started texting congratulations and my response was "I am a Bills fan. The game is not over till the clock reads all zeros"

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

I would even argue Allen ascended to a NEW LEVEL OF QB PLAY during the end of the season and especially during the playoffs. I think Daboll's biggest failure tonight was not recognizing how effing dialed-in his elite QB was, and instead calling a balanced game during the first half. 

Eff that. We should have had the ball in Allen's hands for every 3rd down (and beyond). JA17 was ready to be transcendent from the start. We squandered that magic for two+ full quarters.

I agree. That's what I said. They need to trust his talent at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

TIme to root for the Bengals and Rams. Can’t stomach another KC super bowl.

I'm all in on the Chiefs.

As long as we're out, another SB win for them makes it harder for them to keep players. Everyone on a team like that demands more money & teams want to sign champs just hoping it rubs off.

• Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Not funny but I my wife said the game is over when 13 seconds were left. My friends started texting congratulations and my response was "I am a Bills fan. The game is not over till the clock reads all zeros"

I said that same thing at this watching party and people thought I was crazy. They then yelled, “how did you know that?!”. Years of experience 

Edited by major

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

I agree...To me it's not the kick at all...For all we know they wanted Bass to kick it just short of the goal line and he just got too much leg into it...We may never know...

The 13 seconds are what matters IMHO...B-)

But of course you understand the kick could have shaved several seconds OFF the total of 13, right? (Or pinned the Chiefs deep if they called a fair catch.)

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

TIme to root for the Bengals and Rams. Can’t stomach another KC super bowl.

I agree, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think they will romp over the Bengals. Maybe the Rams can give them a fight, but between Stafford and Mahomes I know who my money would be on. I think the Chiefs just won the Super Bowl tonight. By 13 seconds.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.