Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

19 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

if fans weren't passionate, these guys wouldn't make anywhere near the money they do. they can either grow thick skin or learn to ignore it. 

These millionaires make money because of OUR ticket sales, OUR merchandise sales, NFL advertising money.  Whatever grief the defense and coaches get over the next few days will be well deserved. That money will easily pay for thick skin care products. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Been thinking about the final 13 seconds. Squib it, I get that. Even if you don't, couldn't you just press every receiver and just grab them and tackle them so they can't run their routes? Yes, you get called for holding and the Chiefs get 5 yards, but time ticks off the clock. Next play, do the same thing. More time ticks off. Who cares if you give them 5 yards two or three times? The time will run out. Keep the safeties deep if you want to protect in case Mahomes scrambles or a running back gets it.

Anyways, I think the defensive coaches did not think through this situation properly. They should have never gone to a prevent defense.

ALL this^^^^^ that so many of us thought about and described to this forum! FFS, even Tony Romo was on the squib kick to burn 5 ticks!

AAAAAND, during that appallingly inept McD 13 seconds, do you realize HE called TO twice? How clueless a HC are you to NOT call the entire D over to say hold them, tackle them, do ANYTHING of the 5 yard variety, to prevent 2 completions!

Soooo out of it, that he obviously never thought of it!

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I feel like we need to get younger on the defensive line guys like Hughes Addison they are not what we needed Today we need guys that are going to chase down Mahomes and be able to get back up to the line and be able to go just as hard the very next play

I've been saying that all season.  I have no idea why Addison is eating up so many snaps when we spent a first and two seconds in the last two years on edge rushers. I thought whole point of it was to lower his snap % so that he'd be fresh for specific key situations, that never seemed to manifest.

And as much as I love Jerry Hughes as a player, I think it's time to just move on.  I know he has a great pressure rate.  Well pressure rates don't mean much when you're playing a QB who is just as comfortable out of structure as he is in the pocket.  Eventually you have to get home, and the plan that the Bills made specifically for this matchup just went out there and had a big, fat, dud.

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I feel like we need to get younger on the defensive line guys like Hughes Addison they are not what we needed Today we need guys that are going to chase down Mahomes and be able to get back up to the line and be able to go just as hard the very next play

Also, chasing him to dive and tackle is NOT what was called for. Chasing him to corral and contain is what they should have focused on. Stay in front of him, cut down his escape routes, and gradually close in. Wouldn't have missed so many damned tackles and allowed so many scrambles with that mentality. The coverage plan was working for much of the game (of course that back-end discipline broke down eventually). But the d-linemen KEPT losing contain. WTF. Seems like Addison and others were gunning for sacks and glory when they should have been patiently compressing the pocket.

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

ALL this^^^^^ that so many of us thought about and described to this forum! FFS, even Tony Romo was on the squib kick to burn 5 ticks!

AAAAAND, during that appallingly inept McD 13 seconds, do you realize HE called TO twice? How clueless a HC are you to NOT call the entire D over to say hold them, tackle them, do ANYTHING of the 5 yard variety, to prevent 2 completions!

Soooo out of it, that he obviously never thought of it!

I was listening to wgr and someone said they stopped that a few years ago, perhaps they were worried about an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, putting time back on the clock 

Obviously I wish they would of done that if it'd work. 

Edited by london_bills

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

On the list of things that sucks, we all probably just witnessed one the greatest playoff games of all time, and we can't fully enjoy it.

The coaches having no balls, playing a soft defense and giving the game away in the most idiotic fashion in the last 13 seconds took some of the enjoyment away evidently.

Go figure.

You are right. That completely sucks.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I was listening to wgr and someone said they stopped that a few years ago, perhaps they were worried about an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, putting time back on the clock 

Obviously I wish they would of done that if it'd work. 

All they had to do is rush 3. Tell anyone to hold just Kelce and double team Hill. Sean butchered that last 13 seconds in so many ways it's almost comical. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The coaches having no balls, playing a soft defense and giving the game away in the most idiotic fashion in the last 13 seconds took some of the enjoyment away evidently.

Go figure.

You are right. That completely sucks.

I think he was trying to look at the overall event and our relationship to it, without blaming anyone or being a prisoner of the moment. 

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Also, chasing him to dive and tackle is NOT what was called for. Chasing him to corral and contain is what they should have focused on. Stay in front of him, cut down his escape routes, and gradually close in. Wouldn't have missed so many damned tackles and allowed so many scrambles with that mentality. The coverage plan was working for much of the game (of course that back-end discipline broke down eventually). But the d-linemen KEPT losing contain. WTF. Seems like Addison and others were gunning for sacks and glory when they should have been patiently compressing the pocket.

Addison, in the first driver for KC, was a liability.  Mahomes ran by him several times.  Frazier and his position coaches are slow to react in these situations.  They rely on vets to know what to do and to adapt.  I look forward to the younger guys to step up next year.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

Sorry, you can't depend on the future. All it takes is a single injury to Allen and a season could be ruined. Even this year was a regression in the sense the Bills only made to the Divisional Round, not even the Conference Championship. Look at how consequential a single loss to the lowly Jags was, it cost the Bills home field tonight and likely Super Bowl shot. You have to grab your chances when you can, and the Bills have blown theirs two years in a row.

I mean ya it hurts cuz we probably win the super bowl after a win tonight, but damn dude we got a qb that looked like the best qb in the nfl and he's 25. Have some hope for the future 

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Addison, in the first driver for KC, was a liability.  Mahomes ran by him several times.  Frazier and his position coaches are slow to react in these situations.  They rely on vets to know what to do and to adapt.  I look forward to the younger guys to step up next year.

Same thing on the Hail Murray last season. No composure or discipline. Just all-out pursuit. 

While that same approach helps uber-talented edge guys like T.J. Watt rack up the sacks, it also helps opposing offenses rack up the rushing yardage in the vacated B and C gaps, and it helps mobile QBs escape contain. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I have to think this was the game plan. Just poorly executed by undisciplined players.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think he was trying to look at the overall event and our relationship to it, without blaming anyone or being a prisoner of the moment. 

I know.

It was an amazing game that ended in an historic collapse.

I wish we could enjoy and appreciate more what a thrilling game it was as well. The fact is that thanks to coaching stupid and scared, it will be remembered as one of the worst collapses in playoff history. That's not hyperbole or an exaggeration.  

Who else is already getting over this loss? 

Watched the highlights, which I never do after any loss. Wow.

Blame it on the coaching. Blame it on the defense (which we all know isn't all it's cracked up to be) who was gassed. Blame it on the refs.

Hell, even the Chiefs were getting called out by Romo at one point for questionable playcalling. Imagine what their fans were saying 😂

A game for the ages that has me excited for next season. Now, I know next season we have to worry about the draft, free agency, injuries, coaching etc. But that's every season. 

Anyway, I haven't been this up and down after a loss ever. I had friends and family texting me saying "next year!", "They'll get there", "Bills are set". Thing is, I agree with it all. I thought it would be last night even when I was posting doom in the GDT. 

Bills are set. See you next season. See you in February 2023.

• Like (+1) 2

50+ years of following the Bills, and this ranks right up there as one of the most (maybe #1) heartbreaking games.  Kicked in the nuts once at the end of regulation, and then kicked in the nuts a second time in OT.  

Laying in bed 4 hours later, wide awake…stunned.  Will never watch the game again.  Don’t even want to see the highlights.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

All I could think of after watching KC win is why cant we have nice things? One championship ? I know you have to make your own karma but how long does it take to get a lucky break with this team? 1 piece of luck tonight? Like maybe one of the Bills DBs or lineman picking up a fumble or getting a sack? maybe turning around and intercepting it on that last drive?

None of my other teams in any sport has teased me like the Bills just to allow the dagger to the heart, over and over.  My apologies for the sucky melancholy but I hate this constant post mortem every year.

I feel the same way. Just once to feel the way it does on the other side of these.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.