Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

Absolutely heartbreaking!

1. Kelce gets off the line repeatedly unimpeded. Mind boggling!

2. You have so little faith in your special teams to track down a squib kick that you hand Mahomes the ball with 13 seconds and 3 timeouts and then play so soft you let them march upfield. Horrendous!

3. Offense and JA did there part, the defensive scheme lacked adjustments, we were abused in the short to mid field by Mahomes. He took advantage of everything we gave him.  D line alone didn’t get any pressure and we missed so many tackles. Played not to lose and lost. Too soft, no balls!

I hope Frazier gets a job elsewhere. This defensive group were straight up pretenders!

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

No fan should ever cry or feel self pitty over a Bills loss, it's not of their doing/fault.

Instead get angry at players and coaches for their ineptitude. Anger fades much quicker than sorrow.

I think feelings are real and people's feelings shouldn't repressed, mitigated, or changed. Own them and move on. I see nothing wrong with crying after such an emotional and tough loss. Everyone handles diversity differently.

Lastly, it's not always true that anger fades quicker than sorrow. That might be true in your case. I've seen people stay angry for years. We have some posters that have been angry for years at the Bill's and their organization. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

2 drives stopped by running on 2nd and 3rd down.  2 lost drives and forced Buffalo to play catch up most of the way. The last 3 drives is where not having White finally showed up imo.  Allen played great.  Davis became our #2.  Going forward alot of positives.  Need to invest in cb.  Need another guy outside who can run.  Tough loss but the future is bright.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Absolutely heartbreaking!

1. Kelce gets off the line repeatedly unimpeded.

2. You have so little faith in your special teams to track down a squib kick that you hand Mahomes the ball with 13 seconds and 3 timeouts and then play so soft you let them march upfield. Horrendous!

And all this with the knowledge that they have one of the best kickers in the league.

Edited by Bleed Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

No shame in that loss. None whatsoever. A missed opportunity...we'll get em next year.

Epic 13 second collapse in front of the world. I've never seen a defense play so soft or so stupidly. They weren't even guarding anyone near the line, just hanging out 20 yards back waiting for Hill or Kelce to run past them with a full head of steam.

Meanwhile they're idiotically 

protecting the sidelines to keep them in bounds, when KC had all 3 timeouts and only 13 secs to play.  Are the ***** coaches mentally challenged?

No shame. Professional embarrassment to last a lifetime though. I'm embarrassed and I'm just an unknown fan.

It's inexplicable. They're gonna be really uncomfortable  trying to explain their thinking in that 13 seconds. That was farcical.

Unfortunately after the most heroic performance by a QB I've ever witnessed.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Man I am in a foul mood today.  I had some things happen personally over the years that has helped put things like Bills football in perspective.  For years I have not let it affect my personal life/get moody over a game.  Today is gonna be hard.  Everything is pissing me off today and I just woke up an hour ago.

Maybe time to take a personal day.  Give yourself a break. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan

I've been on Twitter all morning trying to make myself feel better. I'm still shocked at the amount of national media and other nfl players talking about Allen (in a good way). You'd barely know the cheifs even played last night. Allen became a household name last night 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Steptide said:

I've been on Twitter all morning trying to make myself feel better. I'm still shocked at the amount of national media and other nfl players talking about Allen (in a good way). You'd barely know the cheifs even played last night. Allen became a household name last night 

It's what's keeping me going. I didn't sleep much last night, too many what-if's going through my head. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

McD and Frazier failed so miserably and wasted one of the greatest opportunities to finally bring a title to Buffalo. It's another very tough day to be a Bills fan. 

And I don't really think McD or Frazier can improve. They had an entire season to adjust and they got completely overmatched again. So it feels like this team is destined to be 2nd best for years to come.

McD is great at learning and changing for the better.  Just look at how he's gotten with the program on 4th downs, and how he schools belichick game after game.

His weakness is loyalty.  He develops blind spots towards performance once you've earned his respect.  His crush on Peterman, the Denison hire, and now maybe Frazier. 

Frazier is a great DC against 90% of the NFL.  But this isn't soccer, you can't win a title by beating beating the 18 teams that are worse than you are, and never beating the two teams that are better.  If you can't beat Brady or Mahomes, you don't win it all. 

You don't need to rip McD's scheme down to the foundations and start over.  It's a fundamentally sound scheme.But you do need some new ideas and better situational decisionmaking if you want to get through the post season.

Remember they tried and failed to bring in a true, elite pass rusher this off-season. With the number of guys we're moving on from this off season, I expect Beane to break the bank for an All Pro type EDGE.  And bet your ass he won't be rotated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm a great deal of fun at parties, if I do say so myself. And it's funny, in my opinion, that we (including me) often share so much empathy for the players instead of for one another. I do it all the time. I feel for these guys.

But, I mean, the WNY teacher and the fireman and the nurse and the server who maybe have season tickets and have suffered heartbreaks like SBXXV and the Music City Miracle deserve more recognition for their pain than the 20-something athlete who lives elsewhere, makes a handsome wage, and will likely move on sooner rather than later. It's a simple point that needn't be repeated like this except for your rejection of its central premise. So chill out. Let me celebrate my fellow WNYers and their legacy of disappointment before we lose an inordinate amount of sleep over the playoff plights of gifted young professional athletes.  

Maybe you can start a TBD equivalent for teachers and fireman. This is a Bills site.

14 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

It's what's keeping me going. I didn't sleep much last night, too many what-if's going through my head. 

Same. Worst part leaving Arrowhead and getting all the ataboys from Chief fans.   Most of them just being kind and gave them fist bumps back but so tired of being a fan of the same old bumbling Bills. We blew a big opportunity last night. 

19 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Yep I think if anyone didn’t respect him before last night he earned it.

Our  coaches did not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.