Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

59 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Its morning and ~11 hours later - feels worse than it did last night. We had it, we had it, dammit!!! Its always something that stops us from winning the big ones. 

Its going to be a miserable morning and week. 

Yeah waking up then having it hit you and getting that feeling in the pit of your stomach...  The worst is thinking what could have been this AM - basking in the coverage, thinking about the AFCG in Bufalo this weekend, favorites for going on to SB *sigh* 

And it also hits you to think (if all goes well) will be another year of your life to be back at this position 

27 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This game was lost on Thanksgiving when Tre White went down.  Just one stop by White would have been the difference. 

White is their best D player & he was needed against Mahomes.   

I was thinking that during the game.  We really missed Tre last night.  Badly. 

14 minutes ago, mjfbillsfan said:

Same. Worst part leaving Arrowhead and getting all the ataboys from Chief fans.   Most of them just being kind and gave them fist bumps back but so tired of being a fan of the same old bumbling Bills. We blew a big opportunity last night. 

couldn’t agree more

7 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Yeah waking up then having it hit you and getting that feeling in the pit of your stomach...  The worst is thinking what could have been this AM - basking in the coverage, thinking about the AFCG in Bufalo this weekend, favorites for going on to SB *sigh* 

And it also hits you to think (if all goes well) will be another year of your life to be back at this position 

I don’t know what exactly.  But they need to make some changes to the defensive players and/or coaching staff.  Our last two seasons have ended in the exact same place.  They need to figure out how to get over the KC hump.  And it’s gonna take more than just hoping some other team can beat them for us. 

36 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Epic 13 second collapse in front of the world. I've never seen a defense play so soft or so stupidly. They weren't even guarding anyone near the line, just hanging out 20 yards back waiting for Hill or Kelce to run past them with a full head of steam.

Meanwhile they're idiotically 

protecting the sidelines to keep them in bounds, when KC had all 3 timeouts and only 13 secs to play.  Are the ***** coaches mentally challenged?

No shame. Professional embarrassment to last a lifetime though. I'm embarrassed and I'm just an unknown fan.

It's inexplicable. They're gonna be really uncomfortable  trying to explain their thinking in that 13 seconds. That was farcical.

Unfortunately after the most heroic performance by a QB I've ever witnessed.

Agree with the defensive strategy being incorrect. There is no way Kelce or Hill should have gotten the chance to beat us. They should have been mauled at the line of scrimmage. With that said, Mahomes may have still found a way to get into field goal range. He was pretty much unstoppable all game. It was that kind of game where the impossible and improbable became reality. Look at the Bills TDs for a reference. Many predicted this game would come down to who had the ball last. That's exactly what happened. 

37 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This game was lost on Thanksgiving when Tre White went down.  Just one stop by White would have been the difference. 

White is their best D player & he was needed against Mahomes.   

Zero passes defended last night.  Mahomes threw it 44 times.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

How is it that KC mainly using Ward and after losing Mathieu to concussion can basically cancel out Diggs & Knox, but our defense regularly left Hill & Kelce run free?

We suck on defense. Any more questions?

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Zero passes defended last night.  Mahomes threw it 44 times.

Yea but at least our safeties are all pros.

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree with the defensive strategy being incorrect. There is no way Kelce or Hill should have gotten the chance to beat us. They should have been mauled at the line of scrimmage. With that said, Mahomes may have still found a way to get into field goal range. He was pretty much unstoppable all game. It was that kind of game where the impossible and improbable became reality. Look at the Bills TDs for a reference. Many predicted this game would come down to who had the ball last. That's exactly what happened. 

KC made sure Diggs and Knox didn't beat them.

Buffalo needs to figure out how to make sure Hill & Kelce don't beat them.

12 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

How is it that KC mainly using Ward and after losing Mathieu to concussion can basically cancel out Diggs & Knox, but our defense regularly left Hill & Kelce run free?

They held him all game 😂 we were flagged for the most innocuous jersey grab on tyreek which cost us 4 points early so I’m still pretty salty about that

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just absolutely heartbroken for my kids. Leslie Frasier during those 13 seconds ripped away what would have been one of the best memories ever. If McDermott can look at Josh Allen in the eye today, Frasier needs to be fired asap.

AFC championship this weekend never happened, and all that would have gone with it...13 seconds of sheer stupidity, thanks Frasier

3 minutes ago, Jim Bob said:

KC made sure Diggs and Knox didn't beat them.

Buffalo needs to figure out how to make sure Hill & Kelce don't beat them.

This is why I think a new defensive coordinator is in order.  One year ago our season ended because they couldn’t stop Kelce and Hill from beating them. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills called TOs before both of those plays, so you know McD was involved in those calls.

I am honestly wondering if McD thought the Chiefs were either down by 4 or had no time outs left.  Why would you leave the middle open and guard the sideline?  There's no rational reason to do it situationally - something went seriously wrong.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No sacks on Mahomes was the ONE glaring factor of our D besides the terrible pass defense. It wasn't like they didnt get to Mahomes either, but every time they did they whiffed in the most utterly spastic fashion. Josh was sacked a couple of times and hit repeatedly by their pass rush after throws, yet Mahomes only got smacked on his runs. Every time you hit a QB on a sack or after he throws its degrades him slightly. But Mahomes was barely caressed last night in the pocket. Why the hell didnt Frazier at least call on all out blitz on the last drive when the touchdown seemed inevitable or on any of the Chiefs late 4th quarter drives. Mahomes had all day to throw and his footwork in the pocket to buy time is probably the best in the NFL.  Instead both McD and Frazier looked like deer in the headlights.

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They held him all game 😂 we were flagged for the most innocuous jersey grab on tyreek which cost us 4 points early so I’m still pretty salty about that

A couple of those were awful. Our DBs just had a hand on the WR’s hip with no jersey grabbing which is 100% allowed. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

This is why I think a new defensive coordinator is in order.  One year ago our season ended because they couldn’t stop Kelce and Hill from beating them. 

I doubt they get rid of Frazier. The only way they get a new D coordinator is if Frazier gets a HC job elsewhere this off season.

Plus. like others have pointed out, McD was likely heavily involved in the defensive decision making late. If Frazier is fired, it will be a scapegoat move that may not really change much if McD was the real decision maker with the prevent defense on those two plays late.

I believe it is both.  We are not the #1 defense.

Coaching is a huge issue. 

We also lack a stud on the d line and a quality 2nd corner.   Wallace is been a band aid.   He has improved. But he still gets torched too often. 

I am no expert as are many on thus site.  This just my opinion.

Just now, longtimebillsfan said:

I believe it is both.  We are not the #1 defense.

Coaching is a huge issue. 

We also lack a stud on the d line and a quality 2nd corner.   Wallace is been a band aid.   He has improved. But he still gets torched too often. 

I am no expert as are many on thus site.  This just my opinion.

I don’t think we’re factoring in how good the chiefs offensive line has been all season…when they struggled this year it was all on mahomes not protecting the football.  We had a few defensive linemen playing great down the stretch. 

36 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

And Ward was out of the game for a long stretch after Josh trucked him…

• Like (+1) 1

The afterglow:

1. The glow is redhot.  

2. Best way to describe me today is "emotionally damaged"

3. I lost my voice screaming when the Bills took the lead with 13 seconds left.  The euphoria in the moment and then ... and then ...

4. Josh Allen established his credentials last night.  This is no way on him and the offense

5. No need to beat a dead horse on what went wrong and why.  We all know and we all now have a brand new battle scar simply known as 13 seconds

6. Gabe Davis ... You da man

7. I think the Grim Reaper is the most appropriate name going forward for Patty M

8. Jax, NE, TB, Pittsburgh, and Tennessee will be the final handwriting on the wall for this season

9. Not sure how Diggs was not in the game plan.  

10. How many times last night was a DLinemen this close to tackling/sacking Mahomes?

11. Kicking team out of bounds for 5 yards and illegal chop block personal foul SHOULD NOT BE OFFSETTING PENALTIES.  

12.  And finally, I want to say what a blast it has been on this forum this season.  I'm going on my winter hiatus now.  I need a break.  Peace out folks.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.