Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

22 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Who else is already getting over this loss? 

Watched the highlights, which I never do after any loss. Wow.

Blame it on the coaching. Blame it on the defense (which we all know isn't all it's cracked up to be) who was gassed. Blame it on the refs.

Hell, even the Chiefs were getting called out by Romo at one point for questionable playcalling. Imagine what their fans were saying 😂

A game for the ages that has me excited for next season. Now, I know next season we have to worry about the draft, free agency, injuries, coaching etc. But that's every season. 

Anyway, I haven't been this up and down after a loss ever. I had friends and family texting me saying "next year!", "They'll get there", "Bills are set". Thing is, I agree with it all. I thought it would be last night even when I was posting doom in the GDT. 

Bills are set. See you next season. See you in February 2023.

You must be young  to have so much optimism 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BTB said:

50+ years of following the Bills, and this ranks right up there as one of the most (maybe #1) heartbreaking games.  Kicked in the nuts once at the end of regulation, and then kicked in the nuts a second time in OT.  

Laying in bed 4 hours later, wide awake…stunned.  Will never watch the game again.  Don’t even want to see the highlights.  

same here. Trying to sleep in some damn hotel room in Kansas City and can’t wait to get out of here. Had a great visual on Gabe catching what should of been winning touchdown. I know with Allen anything is possible but this is an enormous blown opportunity of epic proportions.  With wide right you still kinda knew that with core of team they would be back and music city miracle was so nuts with the Johnson-Flutie crap that it was just more anger.  This is simply Fn gut wrenching and something that makes you question why year after year you get so into this crap.  Can’t imagine things lining up better next year or any year and window, even with Allen, is closing if not shut.  Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Not funny but my wife said the game is over when 13 seconds were left. My friends started texting congratulations and my response was "I am a Bills fan. The game is not over till the clock reads all zeros"

My last words before the musical city miracle play to my wife were "We need to cover the kick".  Today it was "there's still 13 seconds left".  For real I wasn't even really celebrating the TD for more than a few secs before my mind went to dread calculating if/how we could still lose.  After the game my 24 yr old son said he's always known that's how I process the end of close games - and this one really put him in that mindset.  He was taking it tough and I said yeah imagine going through this and music city miracle and wide right and all the others.  In the end though, through all the years, I know there's been a lot of joy to go along with the disappointment.  This one was next level though - just unbelievable to play that last minute of regulation back in your head.  And the 13 seconds.  Just unbelievable 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You must be young  to have so much optimism 

I'm midlife if I expect to live to 84 yrs old 😂.

Anyway. I always call myself 'the original bandwagon fan' because the first time I remember watching a Bill's game was against the Giants in the Superbowl. When they got there the next year I was hooked. Followed/watched them religiously ever since. Every season. Bledsoe, Collins, Edwards, Losman etc etc.

Only have been to Buffalo once and that game was a stinker. It was against the Niners and I think it ended with the Bills losing 6-0.

I don't know. I just feel even after a loss as difficult as this, the team is ready... next year 😂

You won't find me saying that the season after if they don't win the big one.

Edited by Rick 'r Mortis
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

The utter lack of courage by the coaches on the 13 second drive has made the Bills a poster child for blowing a big game. Allen and the offense showed amazing courage scoring twice in the last few minutes. The coaches were so absolutely gutless and stupid giving the victory away in the last 13 seconds. Now we will have to hear about it for many many years to come. What other team has done this in the playoffs? 13 seconds. Mahomes will get the credit but the coaches basically just gave it to him.   

I could not even believe what I was seeing. It should have gone down in history as one of the greatest QB performances in playoff history. Instead, because the coaches had no balls whatsoever, it is one of the greatest collapses in playoff history and the wrong qb will be honored and probably win another SB.

I would be so ***** pissed at

whoever called that defense if I was a Bills player. 

This is also why QB "head to head" stats are so stupid - Mahomes goes up one on Allen - when it was the Bills defense that handed Mahomes the W, despite Josh being a superhuman at the end

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I keep telling myself, its just a game played by millionaires... it doesn't REALLY matter, you have a wonderful wife and kid... and I still just am overcome with this overwhelming urge to vomit.

It feels like somebody died... not like an immediate family member, but like an entertainer or athlete you grew up admiring... Because this season is dead, and Mc Jauron killed it because Clappy McGuilicutty didn't trust the ST, the unit they actually specifically waste roster spots on guys like Taiwan Jones for, to, get this... cover a squib kick!!!  

There's no way KC runs two plays and get's a FG off with a squib... One of the worst choke jobs ever by a headcoach after his QB went out there and delivered an all time great performance.

Mc Jauron's "specialty" is defense... It was non-existant. He has bungled in game management time after time. If he washes out again next year, then I think it's time to start finding coaches who want to try and actually bring home a MFing SuperBowl with a GENERATIONAL talent under center!

17 took his game to a whole nother level, and all MC Jaron did was find another way to drop the ball!  There was nothing more Allen could have done, his coach failed him plain and simple, and the majority of you are fine with welcoming him back unconditionally. That's loser mentality.  Coaches would give their left nut to have the chance to build a team around and coach a squad lead by Josh Allen.  He's in his prime now, Mc Jauron get's one more year, bc if I'm Terry Pegula I'm telling Beane, Mc Jauron is good, but we need a great coach to pair with my great QB before that window shuts. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I keep telling myself, its just a game played by millionaires... it doesn't REALLY matter, you have a wonderful wife and kid... and I still just am overcome with this overwhelming urge to vomit.

It feels like somebody died... not like an immediate family member, but like an entertainer or athlete you grew up admiring... Because this season is dead, and Mc Jauron killed it because Clappy McGuilicutty didn't trust the ST, the unit they actually specifically waste roster spots on guys like Taiwan Jones for, to, get this... cover a squib kick!!!  

There's no way KC runs two plays and get's a FG off with a squib... One of the worst choke jobs ever by a headcoach after his QB went out there and delivered an all time great performance.

Mc Jauron's "specialty" is defense... It was non-existant. He has bungled in game management time after time. If he washes out again next year, then I think it's time to start finding coaches who want to try and actually bring home a MFing SuperBowl with a GENERATIONAL talent under center!

17 took his game to a whole nother level, and all MC Jaron did was find another way to drop the ball!  There was nothing more Allen could have done, his coach failed him plain and simple, and the majority of you are fine with welcoming him back unconditionally. That's loser mentality.  Coaches would give their left nut to have the chance to build a team around and coach a squad lead by Josh Allen.  He's in his prime now, Mc Jauron get's one more year, bc if I'm Terry Pegula I'm telling Beane, Mc Jauron is good, but we need a great coach to pair with my great QB before that window shuts. 

Even though your post is just oozing with sarcasm I think you bring up an interesting point; is this coach a guy who can consistently coach at a high enough level on gameday to get you to a Super Bowl?

McD is obviously an excellent culture builder.  I don't think anyone can argue otherwise.  His guys love to play for him.  He's excellent at setting the routine and having a professional atmosphere around the organization (Something a guy like Rex Ryan obviously couldn't or wouldn't do). This is all important to building a consistent successful team.

On gameday though the warts can show.  He is often conservative at key moments, has questionable TO usage, or the playcalling goes off in a direction that you kind of have stretch your mind to justify. Now I can't say that this is him necessarily, maybe some of it or a lot of it has to do with his coordinators, it's hard to pin down without knowing how gamedays are executed.  We'll likely see the difference come next season, because I would bet one or both coordinators are going to get a head coaching gig.

I will say this though, the Bills are set up in a way to remain competitive for as long as Josh Allen is our QB. The FO has done an excellent job in structuring contracts in a way that's going to keep us flexible with personnel. I don't think there's any world where McD is the head coach for at least the next 2-3 seasons though, it would take probably back to back major flops to even consider him on a hot seat. 

Serious question for those who want McDermott replaced... what makes you think the Pegulas can find a coach who's better than McD? The Bills took long enough to find McD. Look how the Sabres rebuild is going.

Look, if it gets to the point where McD is absolutely wasting Josh's talent ala Mike McCarthy in GB, then by all means find a new HC. I just don't think it's there quite yet. 

11 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Serious question for those who want McDermott replaced... what makes you think the Pegulas can find a coach who's better than McD? The Bills took long enough to find McD. Look how the Sabres rebuild is going.

Look, if it gets to the point where McD is absolutely wasting Josh's talent ala Mike McCarthy in GB, then by all means find a new HC. I just don't think it's there quite yet. 

Yeah, be careful what you wish for. 

I'm still steaming from the game

14 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

He took away Josh's and this teams moment of overcoming their nemesis and possibly hoisting the Lombardi because he failed to secure the victory with 13 seconds left 

That is wasting an all time performance by Josh and Gabe Davis, and we are once again known for an epic losing play that will hang over us...all because of the coach being an absolute failure.

I just don't see how you can keep on letting this coach hurt this team and prevent them from ascending to their rightful place amongst the very best...and he is the reason why we haven't gotten over the hump.

When will enough be enough? When he blows it again next year? Maybe he'll lose to KC again with another completely inexcusable decision. Will that finally bring you to the conclusion that he cannot get these guys where they wanna go?

I'm done with this guy. Every season from now on that this team doesn't make the superbowl is on him.

• Agree 1

if the bills don't win in the next 5 years, very good chance allen walks away. McDermott might just be one of those guys who is great for rebuilding something that is broken, but just doesn't have that thing it takes to finish the job. 

hope he learns from this. I do think he has shown the ability to change his stripes before. 

a huge part of this is on mcD. but a huge part of this is having the terrible luck to be peaking at the same time that  a generational, league changing team is in the same conference as them. 

5 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Even though your post is just oozing with sarcasm I think you bring up an interesting point; is this coach a guy who can consistently coach at a high enough level on gameday to get you to a Super Bowl?

McD is obviously an excellent culture builder.  I don't think anyone can argue otherwise.  His guys love to play for him.  He's excellent at setting the routine and having a professional atmosphere around the organization (Something a guy like Rex Ryan obviously couldn't or wouldn't do). This is all important to building a consistent successful team.

On gameday though the warts can show.  He is often conservative at key moments, has questionable TO usage, or the playcalling goes off in a direction that you kind of have stretch your mind to justify. Now I can't say that this is him necessarily, maybe some of it or a lot of it has to do with his coordinators, it's hard to pin down without knowing how gamedays are executed.  We'll likely see the difference come next season, because I would bet one or both coordinators are going to get a head coaching gig.

I will say this though, the Bills are set up in a way to remain competitive for as long as Josh Allen is our QB. The FO has done an excellent job in structuring contracts in a way that's going to keep us flexible with personnel. I don't think there's any world where McD is the head coach for at least the next 2-3 seasons though, it would take probably back to back major flops to even consider him on a hot seat. 

McDermott is the 2nd most successful coach in Bills history.  We need a better DC.  I truly hope some team is foolish enough to give Frauser another shot at a HC position. 

Our defense was by no means dominating this year.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nitro said:

Addison, in the first driver for KC, was a liability.  Mahomes ran by him several times.  Frazier and his position coaches are slow to react in these situations.  They rely on vets to know what to do and to adapt.  I look forward to the younger guys to step up next year.

No-one is gonna hire Frazier after that performance. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

No problem.  Greg Williams is still available.   What about Doug Marone?  Sexy Rexy deserves another shot, right?

Anyone wanting to fire McDermott is delusional. 

To be true contenders, we need a ruthless defense.  Something we are not even close to having.   Weak against the run, settling for pressures instead of sacks.

Our #1 defense rating was the result of many weak opponents on our schedule. 

I have witnessed every single season of our beloved f*****g Bills.  This loss for me is the most painful.

UGH!

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

13 seconds is as bad as wide right. McDermott lost it for us at the end. You have to squib the kick or kick it high and short. Inexcusable coaching.

And it's mind boggling because McD would routinely kick it high and short- to about the 5 yard line in many games.  It's definitely something they practice alot. 

I guess he lost faith in the kick coverage? 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.