Panthers Willing to Listen to Offers for McCaffrey

aristocrat

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I'd start with them sending us a second rounder

I remember when RBs had trade value.  When we traded away a used-up Simpson in 1978, we got:

1978 2nd round draft pick (DE Scott Hutchinson)

1978 3rd round pick (WR Danny Fulton)

1979 1st round pick (LB Tom Cousineau)

1979 4th round pick (DE Ken Johnson)  (aka Pinto Ron)

1980 2nd round pick (RB Joe Cribbs)

What a great trade for the Bills!  Joe Cribbs was a really talented multipurpose back for us.  And, of course, Cousineau turned into Jim Kelly.

Obviously, there's a durability issue but it's amazing you could potentially get someone of McCaffrey's talent for a 2nd rounder.  Though I wouldn't want his contract.

• Like (+1) 3

I’m inclined to immediately say no to this, but the Bills do seem to have a really strong strength & conditioning / player-care set up. 

Still more than likely against this, or Barkley for that matter, but I could see it working here. 

19 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Told ya'll!!! Beane get me on a plane ASAP I'm bringing McCaffrey home!:wub:

No!  We don't need to hear anything about you, McCaffrey, and the 'Mile High Club'. 🤨

He'll probably get injured walking off the guddam plane. 😠

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

They screwed up big time, like Brock Oswieler big.  Their cap hit is $14M for next year, then $17M, 17M and 13M, FOR A RUNNING BACK, who hasn’t stayed healthy.

if they trade him, the dead cap is 26M, so I really doubt this is the year they are going to do that.  He’s relatively affordable at $8M in 2022 and only 1M is guaranteed in 2023, so that part is doable for another team, but if you keep him you are paying essentially $12M a year for him after next year.. tough sell.

If he could stay healthy he’s worth it, but that’s a huge if.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.