Week 18: Jets at Bills - a W wins the AFC East!

YoloinOhio

Sunday is the only day this Friday through the following Thursday where they are currently forecasting precipitation, lmao. That's how this whole year has gone, just ridiculous luck and timing.

Looking like rain and windy.

What a miserable year for season ticket holders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Question for you: If the Bills win a Super Bowl by using more designed qb runs as a key part of the offense, but Josh was looking like a worn-down Ben Roethlisberger at age 37, would you take the trade-off? Understanding that the qb runs don’t guarantee a SB, but they have been a driving factor in the team’s offensive success.

Duh.... obviously this is a yes.  And I could see it happening... though I don't think it will.  Would I take Josh winning us 2 Super Bowls with his legs but having to retire in 12 years?  Yes... absolutely!

Wouldn't any Bills fan?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Duh.... obviously this is a yes.  And I could see it happening... though I don't think it will.  Would I take Josh winning us 2 Super Bowls with his legs but having to retire in 12 years?  Yes... absolutely!

Wouldn't any Bills fan?

That was my point when arguing for designed QB runs.

2 hours ago, wjag said:

I was going to say, Josh's biggest hits are when he is scrambling BEHIND the line of scrimmage.  He is running away and doesn't see a guy track him down.  For the most part, QBs are pretty well protected in the pocket these days.  Where Kelly would have had his knees blown out, high and low hits are now flagged.  Most of the time DE/DTs just two hand push down QBs now in the pocket.  Still would hurt, but better than having a 280lb man run full speed into your knees with your legs planted.  When Josh is running, he is also a threat to the little DBs that stand in his way, and they know it.  In one of his runs this week he stiff armed a DE and then planted a shoulder in the DB trying to stop him.  

Yes you guys are right on…you get to inflict the pain when you’re running full speed.  Much more of a risk in the pocket imo…anyone wanting to wrap josh in a bubble in the pocket even if our offensive line improves are drastically hurting what makes our offense dangerous.  

The Bills know they are in the playoffs and with all the teams that in the playoffs right now..............

we have no idea how they are going to react about playing for seeding and that includes the Bills.

We don't know how motivated they will be to win the division and host a home playoff game next week. 

For all we know the Bills might simply take it easy on try not to get hurt as they don't care where they end up.

Playing for seeding doesn't exactly bring out the best in teams sometimes.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

The Bills know they are in the playoffs and with all the teams that in the playoffs right now..............

we have no idea how they are going to react about playing for seeding and that includes the Bills.

We don't know how motivated they will be to win the division and host a home playoff game next week. 

For all we know the Bills might simply take it easy on try not to get hurt as they don't care where they end up.

Pretty sure that we'll play for the AFC East and at least one home playoff game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Pretty sure that we'll play for the AFC East and at least one home playoff game.

Yep. This.

We saw last year in the Dolphins finale that they'll play for seeding. It matters to them. They want at least one playoff game and the chance at two, rather than accepting the fate of three straight road tilts.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

While every scenario, game, team and year are different, if history is any indicator, McD did play to win in the final game of the year to secure the number two seed.

I don’t see him letting up. He wants the division and the highest seed possible.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

Sunday is the only day this Friday through the following Thursday where they are currently forecasting precipitation, lmao. That's how this whole year has gone, just ridiculous luck and timing.

Looking like rain and windy.

What a miserable year for season ticket holders.

and then for the home wild card game…. the literal apocalypse! 

6 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

We never worried about weather in the Kelly/Marv era.  We actually welcomed bad weather.  

It just shows how much the game has changed, and how differently the two Bills teams are built.    The "If its too tough for them its just right for us" mentality is gone.  

Daboll better have a run game, with a run package, in the game plan.  Not only for this week but for next week as well.  We need to 

have a more diverse attack and not depend on Allen passes and Allen runs for 90 % of our yards. 

This Bills team is more finesse than brute force, and that's why the weather affects us more.

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That's why its imperative we improve the OL. That's why we need to find someone more compelling than a decent Singletary.  It's only a matter of time when Josh gets popped and is out for the season. Improving the line allows Josh to continue refining his pocket game. People forget part of this " hero ball" is his legs. I'm still 100% convinced a dome would only enhance his skillset. But it's too exhausting fighting with the diehards. Let's see what happens. Maybe some really smart engineers will build an open stadium that can drastically minimize the wind. This team needs to find one identify and stick with it. 

Of course the Oline needs to be upgraded and improved. What makes Allen even more dangerous than most Qbs is his legs. I don't want that asset limited or taken away from the Bill's team. Allen's legs makes the whole offense better in so many ways. The defenses have to prepare for his designed runs, RPOs, and scrambles. I get the injury factor. However, he has shown he's able to avoid significant injuries throughout his career while running. Cam held up well despite running more than passing. Allen can do both exceptionally well. I can't advocate for less Allen running. Sure I am fearful of an injury but that's in play when he passes too. I firmly believe the Bill's recent offensive success is directly correlated to Josh's legs. 

• Like (+1) 1

250 Million Dollar Man said, “I’ll sign the deal and know I will do whatever it takes this year, IF next year, Beane, help me out more”.

Body neglect since Tampa and I see no reason he will stop until after SB. Again, you know he made a pact for next year. 

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wouldn't any Bills fan?

I just asked the same question in another thread lol it just puts too much pressure on a defense to remove those kind of plays especially in the short term. 

4 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

It seems like Josh takes bigger hits in the pocket than he does when he runs. 

Is it just me or when he runs he only really has big contact when he initiates it, and that is usually against smaller guys in the secondary.  If he is going to get licked by a lineman or linebacker he hits the sideline.  The biggest contact he takes might actually be from the ground when he decides to dive or hurdle guys...

It seems to me, as big as Josh is, he's the one dishing out punishment when he runs. And I am not a big fan of sliding. Josh nearly got his head pounded the one time he did slide in the game. He was way more effective when he kept running.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.