Week 18: Jets at Bills - a W wins the AFC East!

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

They will be 10-7 after beating JAX.

They started out 1-5.

Which means a 9-2 finish in the final 11 games. 1 of the 2 losses they blew a 14 point lead and lost in OT to the Titans. The other loss was by 3 this past weekend.

Colts are a sleeping giant in the playoffs.

In last year's playoff game, the Colts won the LOS on both sides of the ball. A miracle 2-minute TD drive right before halftime saved that game.

The Colts will not be able to hide Carson Wentz in the playoffs.  There will come a time when the game will be in his hands and that will be the real test for the Colts, one which he will very likely fail.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Nope, I remember it vividly.

Its just that :

1) The Bills are playing much better now than they were then

2) I believe the Bills would be fired up for revenge against a team that bullied them earlier in the year

3) Intentionally losing the division crown and a home playoff game to the Patriots in order to avoid ANY team, let alone a Carson Wentz QB’d Wild Card team, is loser mentality, cowardly sissy foolishness

4) The most likely outcome if we go in as the 7th seed is a trip to KC in the opening round. If you think we have a better chance of beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead than the Colts at home, I think you’re nuts

In conclusion: don’t be a coward. Win the division for a second straight season (only the third time we’ll have EVER done that) and let the chips fall where they may. Fear no one.

Assuming edmunds plays I think we will be a lot more successful at slowing the colts down.  Despite looking clueless at times he is pretty stout against the run when compared to Milano and aj Klein had a really rough game filling in for him at mlb in that colts game.  We also played nickel pretty much the whole game…gotta think that’s due to the edmunds injury too. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

The Colts are probably our worst matchup in the Playoffs but I think we will be fine if our offense brings its A game.

I don’t think so…titans with a healthy-ish Derrick Henry would be worse.  Also people that think our pass rush has underperformed which seems to be the majority around these parts should not feel great about a road game with the chiefs.  Colts stomped us in the first matchup no doubt…but they are a bit of a poor man’s titans.  And the patriots are a bit of a poor man’s colts lol

3 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

They will be 10-7 after beating JAX.

They started out 1-5.

Which means a 9-2 finish in the final 11 games. 1 of the 2 losses they blew a 14 point lead and lost in OT to the Titans. The other loss was by 3 this past weekend.

Colts are a sleeping giant in the playoffs.

In last year's playoff game, the Colts won the LOS on both sides of the ball. A miracle 2-minute TD drive right before halftime saved that game.

Phil rivers was absolutely masterful in reading our defense’s coverages that game…credit to josh Allen for carrying us to a huge win…and gabe Davis as well.  Wentz might be ahead of what rivers was physical talent wise but he is nowhere close in diagnosing a defense. 

also…colts had 3 wins by the time they hit 5 losses.  Their schedule was front loaded with a lot of good teams and they lost a lot of those games…no surprise there that’s what happens with mediocre teams.  A lot of times this whole ‘a team got hot’ narrative is exaggerated wildly by scheduling. 

that’s kind of why our season has been so interesting…we have always shown up against great teams and the few stinkers we have had have been against bad/decent teams.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. People forget how flukey that game was, and how it got away from us. Even Wentz’s miracle sack escape was a game changing play.

I think it would be a lot different game if we played them again. Taylor always gets his yards, but I have faith that we can contain him better the second time around. 

The McKenzie untouched fumble on a kickoff was pretty bad. I don’t understand people clamoring for him to return again. It wasn’t just one mistake that did him in.  For the record, Stephenson also makes me super nervous 

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Nope, I remember it vividly.

Its just that :

1) The Bills are playing much better now than they were then

2) I believe the Bills would be fired up for revenge against a team that bullied them earlier in the year

3) Intentionally losing the division crown and a home playoff game to the Patriots in order to avoid ANY team, let alone a Carson Wentz QB’d Wild Card team, is loser mentality, cowardly sissy foolishness

4) The most likely outcome if we go in as the 7th seed is a trip to KC in the opening round. If you think we have a better chance of beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead than the Colts at home, I think you’re nuts

In conclusion: don’t be a coward. Win the division for a second straight season (only the third time we’ll have EVER done that) and let the chips fall where they may. Fear no one.

So true. We need to be mentally prepared to take on any kind of team. The power run like Indy or Tenn. Or a team with a dynamic qb like KC or LAC. It's too late to stress over getting a 1 or 2 seed. Beat the Jets convincingly and reward yourself with another AFCE Championship. Whoever we get, we get.  Attack them.....

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:09 AM, Bob in STL said:

We never worried about weather in the Kelly/Marv era.  We actually welcomed bad weather.  

It just shows how much the game has changed, and how differently the two Bills teams are built.    The "If its too tough for them its just right for us" mentality is gone.  

Daboll better have a run game, with a run package, in the game plan.  Not only for this week but for next week as well.  We need to 

have a more diverse attack and not depend on Allen passes and Allen runs for 90 % of our yards. 

Daboll better not be scared to let Allen throw the ball like he was for 3/4 of the patriots game.

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

The McKenzie untouched fumble on a kickoff was pretty bad. I don’t understand people clamoring for him to return again. It wasn’t just one mistake that did him in.  For the record, Stephenson also makes me super nervous 

That last sentence is the reason some of us would prefer to see McKenzie.  Stevenson has what, a muff and 2 fumbles in 5 games?  

That’s more than McKenzie has done this season.

• Like (+1) 5

On 1/4/2022 at 4:08 PM, BillsFan619 said:

While every scenario, game, team and year are different, if history is any indicator, McD did play to win in the final game of the year to secure the number two seed.

I don’t see him letting up. He wants the division and the highest seed possible.

Right after everything this year it would be stupid to let up and just give the division to NE. And every team wants to win the division. It carries over to next year look at NE all those years there first business win the division and they carried there self like it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That last sentence is the reason some of us would prefer to see McKenzie.  Stevenson has what, a muff and 2 fumbles in 5 games?  

Yup I totally understand but McKenzie was a concern at the start of the season and has had trouble. I’m at the point I just want Hyde back there to fair catch them all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Holy ***** dude, turn in your fan card

The Bills defeated the Colts in the 2020 playoffs I recall. Probably they had a better Qb last year too

Quoted the wrong person but still. We literally did this last year.

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All things considered, I would much prefer McKenzie back there. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The Colts are probably our worst matchup in the Playoffs but I think we will be fine if our offense brings its A game.

I think this sentiment is true of any game the 2021 Bills play: if the offense really shows up, then they've got a chance to beat any team. 

The Bills lose when the offense sputters. Periodt.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.