I'm a Dawgs fan but wow there are like 9 players on that D I'd take on Bills...

Hebert19

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Jordan Davis and Jermaine Johnson are the only two defensive guys who “might” be there when we draft that I wouldn’t lose my mind over.  

Otherwise, no more high defensive picks, for the love of God. 

Agree.  We won't but there are 6 1st rounders on this D.  Maybe 3 next year then the rest in other years.  I'd love bowers to pair with Knox.  

• Like (+1) 1

I was just thinking that about Dean.  Too bad he still has to play in the Championship game!  Looks very powerful, fast.  I am a buckeye fan but am loving Harbaugh taking another embarrassing beating and would love to see Alabama get wrecked.  I like saban as a person but it’s nice to see someone new take it until the bucks qb matures next year !    Sec sure does have some speed on d tho that would look good with the Bills.   Enough d tho.  We need a premiere back to help Josh and then guards and receivers.   Great game for the dawgs tho ! 

wow, some of those guys on Georgia look bigger than our d lineman!   How do guys get that big! ?   Haha!  

Edited by DrPJax
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

I was just thinking that about Dean.  Too bad he still has to play in the Championship game!  Looks very powerful, fast.  I am a buckeye fan but am loving Harbaugh taking another embarrassing beating and would love to see Alabama get wrecked.  I like saban as a person but it’s nice to see someone new take it until the bucks qb matures next year !    Sec sure does have some speed on d tho that would look good with the Bills.   Enough d tho.  We need a premiere back to help Josh and then guards and receivers.   Great game for the dawgs tho ! 

I hate Harbaugh with every fiber of my being.  He and Brady are on my hate list so I'm with ya. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jordan Davis and Jermaine Johnson are the only two defensive guys who “might” be there when we draft that I wouldn’t lose my mind over.  

Otherwise, no more high defensive picks, for the love of God. 

I'm going to disagree. A DT would be just fine.  There are other DTs I would love.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

He punched Jim Kelly in the face in 98 iirc maybe 97 

BUT, he broke his hand! Ha! they asked him if he regretted it, and he said he regretted that he broke bones (in his throwing hand). 

He’s a strange dude. Good coach, strange dude. He could have faced assault charges (relax, hyperbole) the way he “greeted” Jim Schwartz post-game. Anyone remember that? Just odd as hell. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

BUT, he broke his hand! Ha! they asked him if he regretted it, and he said he regretted that he broke bones (in his throwing hand). 

He’s a strange dude. Good coach, strange dude. He could have faced assault charges (relax, hyperbole) the way he “greeted” Jim Schwartz post-game. Anyone remember that? Just odd as hell. 

Jim called him soft during a broadcast 

Harbaugh took offense to it , and confronted Kelly later... Words were exchanged, Kelly said he calls it like he sees it... and harbaugh punched Jim in the face breaking his hand.. 

And got cut at the end of the season

Rumor has it when his hand snapped on Kelly's granite jaw.. he said you just proved my point

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Agree.  We won't but there are 6 1st rounders on this D.  Maybe 3 next year then the rest in other years.  I'd love bowers to pair with Knox.  

This is an interesting idea, Belichick thought that would be the counter to defenses adjusting to stop the pass with nickel, by running 12 personnel with guys who can also run routes to bring an increased threat of run and pass. Fortunately Jonnu took a giant dump and Henry hasn't been able to take all the slack.

A high pick on interior OL, a heavy RB, and an ability to run 10 as much as 12 is kind of the offensive Janus to Belly's defensive multiple-ness. The Bills could be set to do that with a mere few additions via the draft or FA.

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm going to disagree. A DT would be just fine.  There are other DTs I would love.

davis would be awesome next to Ed. 

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

This is an interesting idea, Belichick thought that would be the counter to defenses adjusting to stop the pass with nickel, by running 12 personnel with guys who can also run routes to bring an increased threat of run and pass. Fortunately Jonnu took a giant dump and Henry hasn't been able to take all the slack.

A high pick on interior OL, a heavy RB, and an ability to run 10 as much as 12 is kind of the offensive Janus to Belly's defensive multiple-ness. The Bills could be set to do that with a mere few additions via the draft or FA.

Ya.  Him with Knox would be hard to defend as he is a great blocker too.  Could run or go seams all day. 

45 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Bowers will be a Top 10 pick when he comes out.  He’s only a freshman. 

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I hate Harbaugh with every fiber of my being.  He and Brady are on my hate list so I'm with ya. 

True story. There was an NFL and celebrity golf tournament here in Ponte vedra fl at the TPC ( Jax suburb and 5 min from my house) back in the late 80’s.  Lightning  came up so they sent vans out to load up players and spectators !  I got in a van with Harbaugh and a pro golfer and was taken back to the TPC club house and pro shop.    Harbaugh would not even speak during The ride and when I said hello, totally ignored me.   Funny tho.  Arnold Palmer and Kelly were also in the tournament. I have been a huge fan of Arnie since I was a kid and of course was a bills / Kelly fan.   
On one hole , Since it was a pretty informal tournament , I actually went under the ropes with a copy of a sports illustrated that had Arnie on the cover !  I walked up to him ( no one came after me etc cuz I was just walking up and told him I was from around Pittsburgh and asked him to sign the sports illustrated magazine !   He stopped walking down the fairway , smiled and signed the cover for me !   Greatest autograph I ever got ! Lol!   

Same tournament I asked Jim to please sign a Bills license plate and he blew me off. At the time tho I was with a pretty hot nurse / girlfriend.   She took the plate and his electric car was right next to the ropes.  SHE PUT THE LICENSE PLATE DOWN ON HIS SEAT OF THE CART WHILE HE WAS HITTING A SHOT.    He came back and literally said , wtf is this , at which time she stepped forward dressed with her very ample rack in a RATHER REVEALING top , and said “ it’s mine , would you mind signing it Jim?”  He smiled and signed the damn thing instantly and handed her the pen / plate back.   Surprisingly he didn’t ask for digits or any more effort to try to know her better !    

It was.a crazy day ; I was a lot younger and was into memorabilia for my Drs office at the time , things I would never do later as I was in my late 20’s at the time.   Will always be grateful for my gf for getting the autograph for me.  Took her to SB 27 with me at the rose bowl. Same girl I posted a story about before that Mean Joe Green of the Steelers came up to her and asked for her autograph on the flight out as he had a copy of Time with a young Hillary Clinton on the cover, and her face was similar to Hillary’s. ( even younger tho and much more endowed much to my great luck!) 

But I won’t forget Harbaugh being Dic- ish by not even speaking , and he continued that way in the clubhouse.   Kelly was walking around the pro shop and if you were the right sex , he was a pretty friendly guy. Lol.  Getting Arnies autograph while he was walking down the fairway tho is still a highlight for me.  Still surprised no one even tried ushering me off the course after I did that. It’s weird , I just thought I would never be that close again and went for it which is not like me as I am normally pretty reserved.  Golf meant a lot to me at that time as I was an ok player and had been captain of my high school golf team and loved the sport from junior high on.  Man ,  I would get tased or shot or arrested if I did something like that during these times.  Haha!  I did a lot of crazy things looking back on life that I would never dream of even considering now !  So any time Harbaugh makes a fool of himself , I remember that day in the van coming off the golf course.  Karma baby!  Lol!    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Lol!  Yeaaaaaaaaah.  Like that would EVER happen in a million years.  We’ve gone 61 years and have had never had a great TE.  Now we’re going to draft a TE in rd one and sign another TE to a 10M+ aav?  I’d love it too…..  but there’s no chance of that happening imo.  Maybe less than 0%

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Many of these college coaches are beyond annoying. Did you see Kirby Smart berate his QB at the end of the first half? It was so phony. And Saban is in a league of his own.

The reality is that college football coaches are nothing more than used car salesmen. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Him punching Jim!   And he's a general douche. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He punched Jim Kelly in the face in 98 iirc maybe 97 

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Jim just laughs about that now and has moved on. I'd be very surprised if he holds any resentment.

I think Harbaugh is a good coach. He gets really animated, but I don't think all the hate he gets is warranted.

6 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Because Jim called him a injury faker or soft (basically called him a b****) 

I can't really blame Harbaugh for that. Jim may have been right but those are fighting words

Apparently, it cost Harbaugh three game checks - about $400K - while he healed from a non-football injury. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DrPJax said:

True story. There was an NFL and celebrity golf tournament here in Ponte vedra fl at the TPC ( Jax suburb and 5 min from my house) back in the late 80’s.  Lightning  came up so they sent vans out to load up players and spectators !  I got in a van with Harbaugh and a pro golfer and was taken back to the TPC club house and pro shop.    Harbaugh would not even speak during The ride and when I said hello, totally ignored me.   Funny tho.  Arnold Palmer and Kelly were also in the tournament. I have been a huge fan of Arnie since I was a kid and of course was a bills / Kelly fan.   
On one hole , Since it was a pretty informal tournament , I actually went under the ropes with a copy of a sports illustrated that had Arnie on the cover !  I walked up to him ( no one came after me etc cuz I was just walking up and told him I was from around Pittsburgh and asked him to sign the sports illustrated magazine !   He stopped walking down the fairway , smiled and signed the cover for me !   Greatest autograph I ever got ! Lol!   

Same tournament I asked Jim to please sign a Bills license plate and he blew me off. At the time tho I was with a pretty hot nurse / girlfriend.   She took the plate and his electric car was right next to the ropes.  SHE PUT THE LICENSE PLATE DOWN ON HIS SEAT OF THE CART WHILE HE WAS HITTING A SHOT.    He came back and literally said , wtf is this , at which time she stepped forward dressed with her very ample rack in a RATHER REVEALING top , and said “ it’s mine , would you mind signing it Jim?”  He smiled and signed the damn thing instantly and handed her the pen / plate back.   Surprisingly he didn’t ask for digits or any more effort to try to know her better !    

It was.a crazy day ; I was a lot younger and was into memorabilia for my Drs office at the time , things I would never do later as I was in my late 20’s at the time.   Will always be grateful for my gf for getting the autograph for me.  Took her to SB 27 with me at the rose bowl. Same girl I posted a story about before that Mean Joe Green of the Steelers came up to her and asked for her autograph on the flight out as he had a copy of Time with a young Hillary Clinton on the cover, and her face was similar to Hillary’s. ( even younger tho and much more endowed much to my great luck!) 

But I won’t forget Harbaugh being Dic- ish by not even speaking , and he continued that way in the clubhouse.   Kelly was walking around the pro shop and if you were the right sex , he was a pretty friendly guy. Lol.  Getting Arnies autograph while he was walking down the fairway tho is still a highlight for me.  Still surprised no one even tried ushering me off the course after I did that. It’s weird , I just thought I would never be that close again and went for it which is not like me as I am normally pretty reserved.  Golf meant a lot to me at that time as I was an ok player and had been captain of my high school golf team and loved the sport from junior high on.  Man ,  I would get tased or shot or arrested if I did something like that during these times.  Haha!  I did a lot of crazy things looking back on life that I would never dream of even considering now !  So any time Harbaugh makes a fool of himself , I remember that day in the van coming off the golf course.  Karma baby!  Lol!    

What is a “nurse/girlfriend” and how do I get one?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I feel like I’m reading Penthouse Forum (boom chicka boom boom)

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Many of these college coaches are beyond annoying. Did you see Kirby Smart berate his QB at the end of the first half? It was so phony. And Saban is in a league of his own.

The reality is that college football coaches are nothing more than used car salesmen. 

totally inaccurate take. Phony ? You obviously have no idea about Kirby Smart. He holds everyone 100% accountable no matter what the score or situation. That's what you do when you are the HC of a top program.

Used car salesmen as a reality? OK right ..... 

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

totally inaccurate take. Phony ? You obviously have no idea about Kirby Smart. He holds everyone 100% accountable no matter what the score or situation. That's what you do when you are the HC of a top program.

well, I guess to each his own.  But, in my view, these college coaches are nothing other than recruiters. They can yell and scream on the sidelines for theatrics—which is what Smart was clearly doing there. But that’s not coaching, and as is clear by the epic failure of guys like Saban and Meyer at the pro level, that stuff doesn’t fly or is effective except with 19-year old kids. 

But at the end of the day, the coaches at these top programs recruit. That’s it. They just sell kids, parents, boosters, and the media on signing up the best to play for them. They are recruiters. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

well, I guess to each his own.  But, in my view, these college coaches are nothing other than recruiters. They can yell and scream on the sidelines for theatrics—which is what Smart was clearly doing there. But that’s not coaching, and as is clear by the epic failure of guys like Saban and Meyer at the pro level, that stuff doesn’t fly or is effective except with 19-year old kids. 

But at the end of the day, the coaches at these top programs recruit. That’s it. They just sell kids, parents, boosters, and the media on signing up the best to play for them. They are recruiters. 

Theatrics?  ... and that's ALL they do is recruit?

Smart yelling at Bennett for butchering the clock was not unlike his decision to avoid the Gatorade bath at the end of the game. Smart has his eyes on the prize which is the natty. He holds everyone in the UGA program to the highest standards. That's not theatrics.

You know what they say about opinions ....

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
addl
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

It was terrible clock management. Saban would have been the same way. It's how you win championships.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Theatrics?  ... and that's ALL they do is recruit?

Smart yelling at Bennett for butchering the clock was not unlike his decision to avoid the Gatorade bath at the end of the game. Smart has his eyes on the prize which is the natty. He holds everyone in the UGA program to the highest standards. That's not theatrics.

You know what they say about opinions ....

well, haha— clearly you are a die hard dogs fan. To each his own. But publicly berating your QB when you have 2 TO’s you can call yourself and after your QB just had an epic half is all for show. Same with calling off the Gatorade bath. All for show. Now everyone has something to latch onto to show what a great coach he is. 

There is a reason that the same 3 teams are competing for the national championship every year— they get all the best players. 

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

well, haha— clearly you are a die hard dogs fan. To each his own. But publicly berating your QB when you have 2 TO’s you can call yourself and after your QB just had an epic half is all for show. Same with calling off the Gatorade bath. All for show. Now everyone has something to latch onto to show what a great coach he is. 

There is a reason that the same 3 teams are competing for the national championship every year— they get all the best players. 

You've really got Kirby Smart wrong. He's a straight shooter. None of that was for show. He couldn't care less what folks outside the team think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

You clearly do not understand SEC football…

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Big Dawg fan here. Jordan Davis would be an absolute stud in the Bills defense. The fact he is 26 might allow him to slip to the end of the first round. 

Hes not 26 lol 

That was a different Jordan Davis that wasn't him lol Georgia's Davis has already verified this

You're not allowed to play high school football at 22 years old lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

You clearly do not understand SEC football…

i mean, even Kirby Smart himself has said that college coaching is basically recruiting. 

And I haven’t yet heard anyone persuasively defend him ripping into his QB yesterday publicly and like a toddler when he had a TO he could have used and he called 2 running plays.  That’s the kind of stuff that really bothers me about these big-time coaches. It’s not just Smart. Swinney does this same stuff all the time. That’s not development or coaching or teaching or accountability.  It’s the opposite. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There is alot of coaching involved as well.

Harbaugh has done a great job this season coaching up that Michigan team.

I think you're trying to paint all college coaches with a broad brush and that is not accurate here

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

There is alot of coaching involved as well.

Harbaugh has done a great job this season coaching up that Michigan team.

I think you're trying to paint all college coaches with a broad brush and that is not accurate here

That is fair. There are coaches around the country who do a good job of coaching up and developing players. It’s more Noticeable with the programs without the twenty 5-star recruits. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I'm a huge dawg fan myself. I'm sure my screen name gives that away lol.

You are correct Smart shouldn't have melted down but that is as much the fault of the OC as anyone. And I was disappointed he didn't take the Gatorade bath.

As far as the initial point of this thread, Bills need DT help in the worst way. No way they can go into next season with Star as the starter.

If they can pick up Davis in the second I would do it

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yep.  College football is in a very bad place right now.  There are 5 or 6 schools that get all the top recruits; the rest are just fighting for scraps and hoping to somehow luck into a big bowl game…the top coaches are nothing but recruiters, which is why NFL teams would be crazy to hire one of them.  The sport has gone downhill very quickly and it has not yet bottomed out, not by a long shot.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i mean, even Kirby Smart himself has said that college coaching is basically recruiting. 

And I haven’t yet heard anyone persuasively defend him ripping into his QB yesterday publicly and like a toddler when he had a TO he could have used and he called 2 running plays.  That’s the kind of stuff that really bothers me about these big-time coaches. It’s not just Smart. Swinney does this same stuff all the time. That’s not development or coaching or teaching or accountability.  It’s the opposite. 

please post Smart's statement about recruiting if you do have it. You're taking a very myopic view of how an elite, top-tier program is run

aside from recruiting, there's coaching, coordination, off-season workouts, dealing w/ boosters, academics, and I'm sure a ton of other stuff

And neither you nor I know the exact reason why Smart laid into Bennett. Perhaps Bennett was instructed to keep his foot on the gas and go for the jugular (because that's how you have a chance to beat Alabama) 

11 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

please post Smart's statement about recruiting if you do have it. You're taking a very myopic view of how an elite, top-tier program is run

aside from recruiting, there's coaching, coordination, off-season workouts, dealing w/ boosters, academics, and I'm sure a ton of other stuff

And neither you nor I know the exact reason why Smart laid into Bennett. Perhaps Bennett was instructed to keep his foot on the gas and go for the jugular (because that's how you have a chance to beat Alabama) 

“Guys, if you don’t recruit, there’s no coach out there who can out-coach recruiting,” Smart said in his postgame press conference. “I don’t care who you are. The best coach to ever play the game better be a good recruiter because no coaching is going to out-coach players. Anyone will tell you our defense is good because we’ve got good players. Spending time on the phone, spending time with people at your house, spending time with people on your campus, I’m not with my family when I’m doing that. My family sacrifices so that I can go and spend time with other people’s families so that we can have good players. That’s 25% evaluation, 50% recruiting, and the other 25% is coaching. If you don’t recruit, guys, you’ve got no chance.”

https://247sports.com/Article/Georgia-Kirby-Smart-explains-recruiting-will-always-beat-out-coaching-174192418/Amp/

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.