Leslie Frazier linked to Raiders and Jaguars. Ken Dorsey rumored to be going with Frazier.

BuffaloBills1998

If we were to lose all 3 of Frazier, Daboll, and Dorsey then this team would take a hit imo. I've always thought Dorsey was our OC in waiting. That would mean Josh, Diggs, Davis, Knox, and whoever else would be starting over in a completely new system. I don't like it. 

47 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’m starting to do the arithmetic on the potential Head Coach openings and rumored names… we might not lose Frazier or Daboll… again. 

I’d be surprised if either is a HC next year, no matter how well the Bills finish the season.  I could maybe see Frazier getting a shot somewhere like Vegas, where they need some stability and sanity.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

If we were to lose all 3 of Frazier, Daboll, and Dorsey then this team would take a hit imo. I've always thought Dorsey was our OC in waiting. That would mean Josh, Diggs, Davis, Knox, and whoever else would be starting over in a completely new system. I don't like it. 

a few things come to mind with the worries about losing Daboll/Dorsey…

1) in a lot of ways - josh is the system at this point

2) there’s not a shortage of guys out there that could come in with similar verbiage and concepts 

3) based on point 1, would all those pass catchers be happy if someone came in and installed an identity that stretched beyond putting it all on josh. For instance is gabe Davis a better receiver with a strong run game and josh not taking a beating, even if he needs to learn a few new reads. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I think with that kind of talent many excellent coaches will want to be an OC for this team.

On 12/31/2021 at 4:48 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d love to see this defense with more McDermott and less Fraiser. Probably a lot less soft shell conservative and a lot more aggression.

I definitely prefer the aggressive approach; especially with how explosive the Bills offense can be.  I'd rather get off the field quicker.

The soft d is like dying the 'death of a thousand cuts' and keeps the Bills offense off the field too long. It drives me crazy watching them give up first downs underneath while the secondary plays behind the line to gain.

Giving the Bills offense more opportunities at the cost of giving up an occasional big play on defense is a winning trade.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

a few things come to mind with the worries about losing Daboll/Dorsey…

1) in a lot of ways - josh is the system at this point

2) there’s not a shortage of guys out there that could come in with similar verbiage and concepts 

3) based on point 1, would all those pass catchers be happy if someone came in and installed an identity that stretched beyond putting it all on josh. For instance is gabe Davis a better receiver with a strong run game and josh not taking a beating, even if he needs to learn a few new reads. 

Yeah, I don't doubt Josh's talent in the slightest. I think he would be successful no matter what. I just don't want us to end up with an OC who "thinks he knows best" all the time. I do think there is actually something to having continuity and these guys, Daboll/Dorsey, have been with him for 4 years now. I'm not saying we would be doomed if they both left, just that I think it could possibly have a negative effect in the short term. Frazier leaving, though I think losing a guy with that kind of knowledge is always tough, wouldn't be as much of an issue because McDermott's background is this defense we run. Losing all three would trickle over into a lot of things. Maybe multiple coaches going with those who left and significant changes going into the 2022 season. 

9 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think with that kind of talent many excellent coaches will want to be an OC for this team.

Sure, with the talent we have on this team Buffalo is absolutely a premier destination for an OC candidate. You get two established stars in Allen and Diggs, along with some up and coming players like Davis and Knox. 

Edited by H2o

On 12/31/2021 at 6:29 PM, gonzo1105 said:

If your telling me I can get 2 3rd round picks for Frazier with our needs as Allen’s contract kicks in then sign me up. 

I’m more worried about losing Ken Dorsey 

• Disagree 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:37 PM, aristocrat said:

Good. Easier to find coaches who want to coach top 5 units than find players to fill out top five units. I look forward to the third rounders to add to the talent pool. 

Rex Ryan agrees.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:38 PM, No Place To Hyde said:

Strongly doubt Frazier would bring along an inexperienced guy to be a 1st time OC. I would figure being a defense minded fella he would want a guy that has play calling experience...of course never know what the behind the scenes dynamic is.

Not that I disagree, but Dorsey is very much a hot commodity for potential OC and eventually HC given his experience and what those around him have spoken to. It’s likely we lose Dorsey before Daboll to either OC or HC down the road, but will be interesting to watch. I would think Dorsey the obligatory promotion should we lose Daboll in the off-season to any opening. 

I forget what thread it was on, but it was mentioned awhile back when Nagy was on the hot seat that a potential off-season where we lose Daboll would be an either promotion of Dorsey, bringing in Nagy as QB coach, or vice versa. Both of whom would help sustain Josh’s development and maintain dynamic offenses. On a personal front, I’d love to see what Nagy can do with a QB that has elite ability - same with Dorsey frankly. My hope though is that if we lose either Daboll/Frazier that we retain Dorsey and hopefully Hall on the offensive side of things. 

Edited by ctk232

I could see Frazier going to the Raiders. They have been one of the more progressive teams in hiring men of color in coaching and GM roles. Then if he did go there they need someone to maximize Carr so why wouldn’t he seek out promoting Dorsey? 

They ain't going anywhere, they know what it's going to be, ownership is always looking to ax guys, and will be looking at replacing various parts of their personal packages if they don't dumb it down for ownership understandings.  Including players, members of staff, and developmental attaches.  It's a bad fit all the way around and we'll honestly offer more to keep them.

3 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Not that I disagree, but Dorsey is very much a hot commodity for potential OC and eventually HC given his experience and what those around him have spoken to. It’s likely we lose Dorsey before Daboll to either OC or HC down the road, but will be interesting to watch. I would think Dorsey the obligatory promotion should we lose Daboll in the off-season to any opening. 

I forget what thread it was on, but it was mentioned awhile back when Nagy was on the hot seat that a potential off-season where we lose Daboll would be an either promotion of Dorsey, bringing in Nagy as QB coach, or vice versa. Both of whom would help sustain Josh’s development and maintain dynamic offenses. On a personal front, I’d love to see what Nagy can do with a QB that has elite ability - same with Dorsey frankly. My hope though is that if we lose either Daboll/Frazier that we retain Dorsey and hopefully Hall on the offensive side of things. 

If Dorsey goes before Daboll then Chad Hall becomes the obvious internal promotion when the time comes IMO. There isn't an obvious guy outside the organisation that I am mad keen on tbh. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.