Leslie Frazier linked to Raiders and Jaguars. Ken Dorsey rumored to be going with Frazier.

BuffaloBills1998

• BuffaloBills1998 changed the title to Leslie Frazier linked to Raiders and Jaguars. Ken Dorsey rumored to be going with Frazier.
19 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.259b8272f88ad185b3c27f8de7b809a5.jpeg

Strongly doubt Frazier would bring along an inexperienced guy to be a 1st time OC. I would figure being a defense minded fella he would want a guy that has play calling experience...of course never know what the behind the scenes dynamic is.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Strongly doubt Frazier would bring along an inexperienced guy to be a 1st time OC. I would figure being a defense minded fella he would want a guy that has played calling experience...of course never know what the nehind the scenes dynamic is.

If it’s to Vegas that issue is mitigated a bit by Carr being an experienced QB that’s worked in multiple systems. I’d much rather have that pair go to the NFC though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing stays the same in the NFL.  we have our franchise qb, the one position that held us back for 20 years.   Lots of oc’s  , qb.coaches , and lots of d coordinators could work with this talent on this team. As long as Mcd and Beane stay in sync and fill

the roster, I’m all for new blood in the thought process.  Josh is no longer “ a project “ , he is a star.   Lots of guys can be creative with him.  Probably just as well or bettter than Daboll who has one good game for every couple that are called with no identity or consistency.  Have you forgotten we have no run gsme ?  Who do you think is responsible for that ?    Very expensive d line yet little in the way of sacks or premiere edge rushers.  We lost a game where a rookie Qb completed one pass and how is that vaulted run d doing!   
All I am saying is change can be good.  We are 9-6 with talent that should have been in the run for a first seed and a SB challenge. Let’s see how it plays out , but we have had our share of questionable coaching and maybe it’s time for a change with a more mature qb and roster.  Nothing is permanent in this league, so that’s the least of oir worries.  We have a top 3:qb , we will be competitive as long as we have him. 

• Agree 1

On 12/31/2021 at 6:36 PM, london_bills said:

If we have to replace the DC, QB coach and OC then it might be quite difficult!!

On a positive note with replacing the OC and QB coach with Josh here we should get top guys wanting to work with him.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Carr is most likely not going to be on the Raiders after this season

Are they planning on cutting him a year early? He’s only a $20MM cap hit in 2022 which is nothing for a QB. 

"There's still more, and I want to do it here," Carr said over the summer. "I don't want to do it anywhere else. I've said it over and over again -- I'd probably quit football if I had to play for somebody else. I'm a Raider for my entire life, and I'm going to root for one team for the rest of my life, and it's the Raiders. I just feel that so strong in my heart."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32369755/sources-derek-carr-discuss-contract-extension-las-vegas-raiders-season?platform=amp

Edited by Buffalo Junction

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.