Leslie Frazier linked to Raiders and Jaguars. Ken Dorsey rumored to be going with Frazier.

BuffaloBills1998

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He has admitted it once.

That does not mean it was the only time he did it.

McDermott has never held the play sheet when the team was on offense.

Ever.

First it was clear in the game when he lost the duties.. they would pan to the coaches and it was clear who was calling the plays.. and it wasn't Frasier.. fans at the game noticed it as well 

It's plain as day that never happened again because nobody's ever saw it happen

McDermott addressed it because the cat was already out of the bag... Never had to address it again because it hasn't happened 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

Nothing stays the same in the NFL.  we have our franchise qb, the one position that held us back for 20 years.   Lots of oc’s  , qb.coaches , and lots of d coordinators could work with this talent on this team. As long as Mcd and Beane stay in sync and fill

the roster, I’m all for new blood in the thought process.  Josh is no longer “ a project “ , he is a star.   Lots of guys can be creative with him.  Probably just as well or bettter than Daboll who has one good game for every couple that are called with no identity or consistency.  Have you forgotten we have no run gsme ?  Who do you think is responsible for that ?    Very expensive d line yet little in the way of sacks or premiere edge rushers.  We lost a game where a rookie Qb completed one pass and how is that vaulted run d doing!   
All I am saying is change can be good.  We are 9-6 with talent that should have been in the run for a first seed and a SB challenge. Let’s see how it plays out , but we have had our share of questionable coaching and maybe it’s time for a change with a more mature qb and roster.  Nothing is permanent in this league, so that’s the least of oir worries.  We have a top 3:qb , we will be competitive as long as we have him. 

I second this , and the defense isn’t really that great a good QB passes on them and we all no we can’t stop the run. And I hope we fix the oline and get a running game, we can’t keep counting on Allen to make every Superman play. Those hits will start to add up quickly look at luck and I really think injuries had a lot to do with cam Newton. Build a power oline and running game and watch Buffalo go off and help Allen’s carrier. Go BILLS 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not saying the defense sucks. Never said that, knew there was no way to avoid someone acting like I did. But it’s not impossible for it to be better. Also stats can be very misleading. We have played alot if really bad QBs and physical teams have given us plenty of trouble. Not saying it’s bad now, just saying I bet it can be better. And I don’t think it’s the players.

I agree with you on the defense can be better, but I really do believe the front 4 has to be rebuilt and we need a better MLB or at least I think we do. 

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Fair. Waller is up there as well.

Because anyone who actually watches Raiders games knows Carr is good. The problems with that team are not on him. 

I really like Carr. He’s definitely under valued. That said a mutual split is probably for the best at this point even if Carr claims he would retire before playing for another team.

His situation is becoming very similar to the Lions and Matthew Stafford. Yes, Raiders have many problems all over the roster but the bottom line is if you only have one playoff appearance in 8 years with the same QB and that QB doesn’t have elite top 3 QB potential then it is only a matter of time before a divorce is in order. And it would be best for both parties.

Carr is another centra valley kid like Allen too. Another plus.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

55 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think anyone says he'll be good. The speculation is all about his desire to be an OC and the continuity with the offense. He doesn't have any experience for anyone to reference.

then why do so many assume he would be Bills OC if Daboll leaves?  Just because he may want to be an OC?

58 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Dude I’ve watched the raiders and honestly its 50/50. Carr has thrown some of the worst INTS I’ve ever seen. He can’t read defenses, he refuses to run and extend plays as would rather throw a 2-3 yard dump off to the RB when he has receivers open. Also he’s afraid to take hits. Now is he the Main problem in LV? No but he’s also not the solution either. He’s honestly Ryan Fitzpatrick with a stronger arm. And at the end of the day, you can’t win with that

Not at all like Ryan Fitzpatrick other than you not liking either.

Fitzpatrick is not afraid to take a hit or throw to a WR or run.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Strongly doubt Frazier would bring along an inexperienced guy to be a 1st time OC. I would figure being a defense minded fella he would want a guy that has play calling experience...of course never know what the behind the scenes dynamic is.

Youe spot on that the OC position will likely be key to Frazier as OC.  I’m not sure if experience would really make that big of a difference.    Most of the play callers who take the NFL are first year OC’s and not usually retreads.  My thinking is Leslie will take someone he knows and is familiar with, so Dorsey or Chad Hall makes sense 

• Like (+1) 1

Dorsey is interesting. We don't hear much about him. I'm guessing if Daboll goes he'd be OC, although maybe it's Chad Hall. There might not be a path for advancement for Dorsey here.

Frazier and Dorsey would be a top pairing for a team looking for a head coach and someone to develop a QB. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. You are wrong. You can't be top 5 in almost every major stats, 4th even when DVOA takes in strength of schedule and not be a really, really good defense. And Leslie is a big part of that. Fans want aggression. For the most part that desire is misplaced.

How soon we forget Mike Pettine.  I’ll take Frazier’s approach every day of the week.   It wins games. 

Wow, if it is true that Dorsey has been groomed to be the next OC when Daboll leaves, that would suck.

But this is what happens to the best teams. Coaches get poached. Players get overpaid in free agency. You have to overcome losing coaches and players and keep the ball rolling. It's why drafting and developing talent is so important.

Hope Leslie Frasier and Brian Daboll get a real shot this year. They deserve it.

34 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Fitzpatrick is nothing like Carr.  His issue is he is too much of a gunslinger when he does not need to be.

and with a noodle arm that is a disaster.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow, if it is true that Dorsey has been groomed to be the next OC when Daboll leaves, that would suck.

But this is what happens to the best teams. Coaches get poached. Players get overpaid in free agency. You have to overcome losing coaches and players and keep the ball rolling. It's why drafting and developing talent is so important.

Hope Leslie Frasier and Brian Daboll get a real shot this year. They deserve it.

I am sure Beane and McDermott would be aware of the situation and have their options lined up.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah he has only had 3 top 5 defenses in 5 years Leslie Frazier. He must suck.

Seriously. This defensive run has been amazing:

2017: 26th

2018: 2nd

2019: 3rd

2020: 14th

2021: 1st

Only poor year was 2017 in their first year here. We think of 2020 being bad, but it was actually average. We were just spoiled.

The question is, how much do we attribute to Frazier and how much to McDermott? To muddy the waters even more, we have seen McDermott take play calling away from Frazier in certain games and the defense usually performs better when that happens. But Frazier usually calls plays. He deserves a lot of credit, I think, but this is McDermott's defense. Regardless, Frazier is a great coach.

I don’t understand why Dorsey would want to leave when there’s a good chance he could get promoted to offensive coordinator on a team with a franchise quarterback on a team that is making the playoffs every year

Having said that I’ll bet my last dollar that there is a group of very good offense of coordinators that would love to work with Josh Allen on this team

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.