Leslie Frazier linked to Raiders and Jaguars. Ken Dorsey rumored to be going with Frazier.

BuffaloBills1998

27 minutes ago, london_bills said:

If we have to replace the DC, QB coach and OC then it might be quite difficult!!

I’d imagine if Daboll gets hired as a HC as well as Leslie, we will probably promote Ken Dorsey to OC and not allow him to leave with Leslie 

Edited by VaMilBill
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Are they planning on cutting him a year early? He’s only a $20MM cap hit in 2022 which is nothing for a QB. 

"There's still more, and I want to do it here," Carr said over the summer. "I don't want to do it anywhere else. I've said it over and over again -- I'd probably quit football if I had to play for somebody else. I'm a Raider for my entire life, and I'm going to root for one team for the rest of my life, and it's the Raiders. I just feel that so strong in my heart."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32369755/sources-derek-carr-discuss-contract-extension-las-vegas-raiders-season?platform=amp

If they don’t make the playoffs then this will be his last year. Majority of raiders fans hate him and want to move on. He’s been on the team for almost 9 years and has never been to the playoffs. If he doesn’t make the playoffs this year, then he’s good as gone

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Carrs repeatedly stated he wants to be a Raider for life. 

But ultimately that’s not his choice. And he’s been inconsistent this year.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

unless Frazier suddenly becomes 20 years younger and starts drinking kaboucha juice and wearing skinny jeans, he is not getting a HC job anywhere. 

Mark Davis’s haircut is as old as Frazier. For some reason I don’t think that’ll matter much. He’s likely more concerned about stability and restoring the franchises reputation after the Gruden emails. An established minority coach accomplishes that, and Frazier is a top candidate who’s defense stopped the Chiefs this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he has only had 3 top 5 defenses in 5 years Leslie Frazier. He must suck.

I’m not saying the defense sucks. Never said that, knew there was no way to avoid someone acting like I did. But it’s not impossible for it to be better. Also stats can be very misleading. We have played alot if really bad QBs and physical teams have given us plenty of trouble. Not saying it’s bad now, just saying I bet it can be better. And I don’t think it’s the players.

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d love to see this defense with more McDermott and less Fraiser. Probably a lot less soft shell conservative and a lot more aggression.

Honest question. What do you base that on? Was his Carolina defense more aggressive? Wasn't the Carolina front four much better than our current front four. 

The only irreplaceable person in the whole franchise is Allen.  There are only a very small number of coaches that make the players better. Usually its the other way around. Look at all the coordinator failures that have left New England, Pittsburgh (Arians the notable exception), Denver and Seattle of late. All were terrible head coaches that got a job because or Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning and Wilson.

44 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I always assumed Dorsey would take over as OC if Daboll got hired somewhere. Why would Dorsey go elsewhere IF offered the same position here. I kinda feel Frazier is easier to replace. 

why do many think Dorsey would make a good OC?

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

If your telling me I can get 2 3rd round picks for Frazier with our needs as Allen’s contract kicks in then sign me up. 

Relax...it's easy to free up cap money for a year and then the new Tab contracts kick in the following year and the cap will skyrocket every year for at least 5 years.

25 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not saying the defense sucks. Never said that, knew there was no way to avoid someone acting like I did. But it’s not impossible for it to be better. Also stats can be very misleading. We have played alot if really bad QBs and physical teams have given us plenty of trouble. Not saying it’s bad now, just saying I bet it can be better. And I don’t think it’s the players.

Yea. You are wrong. You can't be top 5 in almost every major stats, 4th even when DVOA takes in strength of schedule and not be a really, really good defense. And Leslie is a big part of that. Fans want aggression. For the most part that desire is misplaced.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

unless Frazier suddenly becomes 20 years younger and starts drinking kaboucha juice and wearing skinny jeans, he is not getting a HC job anywhere. 

Funny but not true. He’s early 60’s and looks darn fit. Had some good experience with Vikes and deserves a shot. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.