Leslie Frazier linked to Raiders and Jaguars. Ken Dorsey rumored to be going with Frazier.

BuffaloBills1998

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

why do many think Dorsey would make a good OC?

I hear just as much if not more about Chad Hall than I do about Dorsey. If they have to replace and want to stay in house those would be the guys I could see being considered.

Nothing says they will stay in house though 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No chance the Raiders trade him

Russell Wilson listed the raiders as one of the team he would like to join. This might be his last year in Seattle, wouldn’t be surprised if Raiders take Russell over Carr

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No chance the Raiders trade him

Also why do you think that?? He’s not that good and he’s been very inconsistent most of his 8-9 year career with the raiders 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Waller

Fair. Waller is up there as well.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Also why do you think that?? He’s not that good and he’s been very inconsistent most of his 8-9 year career with the raiders 

Because anyone who actually watches Raiders games knows Carr is good. The problems with that team are not on him. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

unless Frazier suddenly becomes 20 years younger and starts drinking kaboucha juice and wearing skinny jeans, he is not getting a HC job anywhere. 

I laughed at this one, but we’ll see. It looks like Kingsbury is losing his luster a bit. Maybe the era of romantic comedy star looking, skinny jeaned head coaches will wind down soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I always assumed Dorsey would take over as OC if Daboll got hired somewhere. Why would Dorsey go elsewhere IF offered the same position here. I kinda feel Frazier is easier to replace. 

If I'm Dorsey and I have a choice  between Allen & Carr its "thanks anyway Leslie".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. You are wrong. You can't be top 5 in almost every major stats, 4th even when DVOA takes in strength of schedule and not be a really, really good defense. And Leslie is a big part of that. Fans want aggression. For the most part that desire is misplaced.

Sounds like we’ll  probably find out I guess. Maybe we will start stopping the run and just be a dominant defense that sets the tone.

37 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Honest question. What do you base that on? Was his Carolina defense more aggressive? Wasn't the Carolina front four much better than our current front four. 

I base it on when Sean has gotten aggravated and taken over the defensive play calling in the past. Also the entirety of Fraiser being the Vikings coach and me hating the way that defense played.

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Mark Davis’s haircut is as old as Frazier. For some reason I don’t think that’ll matter much. He’s likely more concerned about stability and restoring the franchises reputation after the Gruden emails. An established minority coach accomplishes that, and Frazier is a top candidate who’s defense stopped the Chiefs this year. 

haha— great observation about Davis’s haircut!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Fair. Waller is up there as well.

Because anyone who actually watches Raiders games knows Carr is good. The problems with that team are not on him. 

Dude I’ve watched the raiders and honestly its 50/50. Carr has thrown some of the worst INTS I’ve ever seen. He can’t read defenses, he refuses to run and extend plays as would rather throw a 2-3 yard dump off to the RB when he has receivers open. Also he’s afraid to take hits. Now is he the Main problem in LV? No but he’s also not the solution either. He’s honestly Ryan Fitzpatrick with a stronger arm. And at the end of the day, you can’t win with that

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I base it on when Sean has gotten aggravated and taken over the defensive play calling in the past. Also the entirety of Fraiser being the Vikings coach and me hating the way that defense played.

McDermott has taken over the defense once. Once in 5 years. Vs the Chargers in 2018. And you might hate the scheme but it is very effective. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Dude I’ve watched the raiders and honestly its 50/50. Carr has thrown some of the worst INTS I’ve ever seen. He can’t read defenses, he refuses to run and extend plays as would rather throw a 2-3 yard dump off to the RB when he has receivers open. Also he’s afraid to take hits. Now is he the Main problem in LV? No but he’s also not the solution either. He’s honestly Ryan Fitzpatrick with a stronger arm. And at the end of the day, you can’t win with that

Wow. This is so wrong.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is McDermott's scheme. Frazier calls the plays and puts together the gameplans.

I sure see McD holding that play sheet a lot…

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

McDermott has taken over the defense once. Once in 5 years.

I believe that this is incorrect.

Just now, Einstein said:

It seems over the years, so many on here want to take any possible credit for the defense playing well from Frazier. What do you all think he's been doing the past 5 seasons?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Believe what you want. It has happened once. 

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I believe that this is incorrect.

He's correct

McDermott took away play calling duties once from Frazier in 5 years and the entire Buffalo Media made a stink about..

McDermott holds play sheets all the time because he's the head coach and he wants to be in sync with what's going on

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It seems over the years, so many on here want to take any possible credit for the defense playing well from Frazier. What do you all think he's been doing the past 5 seasons?

I believe he does what McDermott directs him to do.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

He's correct

McDermott took away play calling duties once from Frazier in 5 years and the entire Buffalo Media made a stink about..

He has admitted it once.

That does not mean it was the only time he did it.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

McDermott holds play sheets all the time because he's the head coach and he wants to be in sync with what's going on

McDermott has never held the play sheet when the team was on offense.

Ever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.