Pretend like you've been there - The Bills are better then the Pats

Billsfan1972

Yet so many keep going on about it being a signature win.   I'm pissed they didn't (and they should have) won by 20+....

2021 hasn't gone as planned, but sorry there was no reason not to expect the Bills the better team to win yesterday.

Yes I'm an eternal optimist.

Hopefully there is no let down and they win out (6 more games).😜

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Yeah most people are acting like this team didn't get to the AFCCG last season.  I was really happy with the win yesterday but it wasn't the changing of the guard.  That happened last year.  This was more like the righting of a ship that had taken on water.

It’s okay to celebrate that too.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yet so many keep going on about it being a signature win.   I'm pissed they didn't (and they should have) won by 20+....

2021 hasn't gone as planned, but sorry there was no reason not to expect the Bills the better team to win yesterday.

Don't read the posts today then, especially the Falcons at Bills weekly pinned thread. A few are already concerned about the Falcons because they still have something to play for and that maybe it will be a "trap" game.

It's crazy. Some just find something to always worry about.

47 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

A lot of emphasis on the Pats and Belicheck going into this game. To me they are not the signature win, gold standard, proving ground team that we needed to beat. Yesterday showed we are a much better team than them under suitable conditions and the refs just letting teams play.

I'll say this, it was a must win for our team in the hopes of securing the AFC East. Mission Accomplished! 2 more games at home against the Falcons and Jets hopefully is a foregone conclusion to consecutive division titles.

But to a man ask yourself, are the Pats that good of a team? Be honest, the only people hailing the Pats outside of Boston as legit contenders are the Belicheck ball washers that want to continue the already deceased Patriots dynasty.

Personal wise they can't match the rosters of the Bills, KC or Colts for that matter. 

It was a good story the last 2 months. Win streak with a Rookie QB, solid D and superior genius coaching. The polish has worn off and the blueprint is incredibly simple.

I'd welcome a rematch against them before any of the other teams I mentioned. There will be much stiffer competition in the playoffs moving forward. Of course JMO.

GO BILLS!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Wait I’m confused-so the fans aren’t supposed to celebrate a win, especially against one of their division rivals and a team they are battling for first place?? This is supposed to be entertainment and FUN (and yes, yesterday was definitely fun)…have we really been spoiled to the point of having threads about the season not being fun and not being able to celebrate big wins for a team that’s IN FIRST PLACE?!?!

5 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Not impressed with Sanders’ reaction here. We score, we win, celebrate. The team, the team, the team.

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

same. he had his opportunity to score early on

to me it looks like Sanders is motioning/talking to Matthew Judon who appears to be trying to cry to the goal line official about a pick.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Wait I’m confused-so the fans aren’t supposed to celebrate a win, especially against one of their division rivals and a team they are battling for first place?? This is supposed to be entertainment and FUN (and yes, yesterday was definitely fun)…have we really been spoiled to the point of having threads about the season not being fun and not being able to celebrate big wins for a team that’s IN FIRST PLACE?!?!

Did I say it was not fun???  I said I expected to win.

I went through the 20 losses in a row vs. Miami and that was not fun.  What was fun was beating them when it was two of the best QBs in the NFL going Head to Head (Marino vs. Kelly).

The Bills beat BB and Mac Jones.....  I know there is this mythical BB aura, but yes the Bills are the better team right now. 

15 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Don't read the posts today then, especially the Falcons at Bills weekly pinned thread. A few are already concerned about the Falcons because they still have something to play for and that maybe it will be a "trap" game.

It's crazy. Some just find something to always worry about.

Apparently, my Mother in law has an account on here😜

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

For sure, there is.  I was in a celebratory mood.  My main point is that it shouldn't have really caught football fans or the media (or us) off guard.  

Media was all in on the pats hype train.  Not sure why…it didn’t make much logical sense.  They are a pretty similar team to Miami who is also on a hot streak but of course you hear all about how most of the teams Miami beat were injury riddled and that was hardly mentioned for NE. We are clearly a tier above NE in roster talent 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

21 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

For sure, there is.  I was in a celebratory mood.  My main point is that it shouldn't have really caught football fans or the media (or us) off guard.  

It was a good game! Bills O was damn unstoppable or at least looked it. To the Pats credit it was a 1 score game with 7 to go when Allen made the game clinching drive happen. It’s easy see why everyone got caught up into it.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.