1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

LAMP-

Couple of funny and cool personal experiences involving Falcon/Bills. 

My grandfather worked for the Bills in the 70’s and 80’s. 
My dad moved our family down to Atl in Summer of ‘79. We went back to Buffalo for Christmas and my grandfather got us into the locker room and out on the field to watch a practice. The only winter coat I had at the time was an Atlanta Falcons one. I think it was Fred Smerlas that made the equipment manager bring me a Bills jacket to wear(it was huge). 
In ‘83 the Bills played the Falcons in Atlanta and my grandfather got us sideline passes to watch the Bills warm up. I got to watch the first quarter from the Braves dugout in the old Fulton County stadium. Really cool. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

On 12/27/2021 at 11:40 AM, BearNorth said:

Bills and Falcon's have played 10 games against common opponents.  Bills are 7-3 with a +141 point differential.  Birds are 5-5 with a -45 point differential

Wow 5-5 with a quite negative point differential.  Sounds like there’s some luck involved there 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

If anyone is slightly banged up, rest them.  Play someone like Sanders more to get us through these last two games.  

Last thing I want is for us to pull a 2020 and get to the playoffs with a WR crew collectively hobbled. 

Absolutely have to win both these games though.  Matt Ryan is a savvy vet gotta give the falcons some respect.  Maybe if we beat Atlanta and have a playoff spot clinched there’s some more wiggle room for the jets game 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

Without a running game or a middle linebacking run stuffer every opponent is dangerous. No adjustments are being made and it's a dam shame to throw away another superbowl that was within reach.

We seem to be getting gashed on misdirections mostly because our defense is over pursuing…should in theory be correctable.  I feel like we’ve had a smaller,faster defense prone to getting gashed by misdirection runs for 20 years 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Every Bills game hosted in Toronto should be stricken from the record books.  Not of that ever seemed real to me.  

I got comped for 4  of the games because of my Blue Jays tickets  package, those games had zero atmosphere.

Ralph and Russ took the money and ran laughing all the way to the bank.

It also probably destroyed any chance of the Bills being sold and relocated to Toronto as they just wouldn't support them so Rodgers and crew wouldn't over bid. :) 

6 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Man, sometimes you forget how good Marino was. That many TDs in that era is insane.

They didn't run the ball either ;) 

I love watching the Falcons fly around the Niagara Gorge near the rapids :)

But I hope the Bills pluck these ones and make them flightless ;)

Edited by JMF2006
it merged my posts

7 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd honestly sit him until the playoffs. Let him reset/re energize and use him in the tournament. His experience will be of much use there. Same with Beasley. 

He has sat long enough. He needs to get back in game shape....

32 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Eli Ankou conitues to get decent playing time. With Star's situation, he has been a good contributor this year and may be in line for a full call up soon.

Agreed I don’t know how many snaps Ankou has been getting, but every time I see him out there, he looks very good— stout at the point of attack.

• Like (+1) 2

I went to a Bills/Falcons game way back in 1989 in the old Atlanta Fulton County Stadium.  The QB's were Kelly vs Chris Miller and the Falcons also had Deion at that time.  Atlanta won that game.  Fun times back then, the Bills were getting really good like they are now.  

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I went to a Bills/Falcons game way back in 1989 in the old Atlanta Fulton County Stadium.  The QB's were Kelly vs Chris Miller and the Falcons also had Deion at that time.  Atlanta won that game.  Fun times back then, the Bills were getting really good like they are now.  

I was at that game!  Very entertaining, lots of big plays, but the birds won it at the end on a FG.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I got comped for 4  of the games because of my Blue Jays tickets  package, those games had zero atmosphere.

Ralph and Russ took the money and ran laughing all the way to the bank.

It also probably destroyed any chance of the Bills being sold and relocated to Toronto as they just wouldn't support them so Rodgers and crew wouldn't over bid. :) 

Under rated positive aspect of those games

If those games were a huge success I don't think there is any chance that the bills are still in buffalo (or at least on their way out due to lease obligations)

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Why do you suck Emmanuel sanders?  Such a disappointment.  Still holding out hope he can be a factor and that he’ll make a play that will go down among the best in bills history…….but wth manny???  Y u so bad now?

Maybe because Sanders is 34, in his 12th season and has played 175 games?

Losing even a half-step makes all the difference. It happens to every player, especially those who excel at getting separation. It's just unfortunate it happened to Sanders about half-way through this season and will not get better.  See John Brown and now Cole Beasley.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.