This is what they are saying in New England Land

DefenseWins

These guys on the YouTube podcast are pretty good.  Gave Josh and the Bills a ton of credit.  Compared McKittrick to Welker, which in NE is calling him God.  These guys also gave the Bills D credit for not allowing big passing plays and blanketing the Cheats receivers all day.  They trashed Josh McDaniels for not being more creative in the passing game.  They trashed the Cheats a ton, and didn't trash the Bills at all.  They gave the Bills their proper propers.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I didn’t see this posted yet. It’s the greatest 90 seconds of audio I’ve ever heard in my life.

”He has a rag ahm!”

”The division runs through Buffalo for the next 20 years. Not us. It’s ova!”

Can we get a Kickstarter going to buy Caller Bob a beer? Or a case of beers? That's the kind of take I want to hear more of!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I think the Bills D needs to do better and not expect our offence to go the whole game without punting to win.  If we had any struggles on offence in that second half there is a good chance we could have lost this game .  

Remember part of the reason why Pats only had so many yards is because the Bills controlled the clock with time consuming drives with 35 mins of total game time.  How many 4th downs did the Pats covert yesterday? (5 of 6) and part of the reason why they had less then 300 yards was they only had the ball for 24 mins. Again we cannot expect our offence to play flawless. no punts at all

The Pats controlled their own clock too.  Thats the problem with offenses that rely heavily on the run against teams that can score.  The two Pats TD drives took over 7 minutes each.  Their last TD drive took over 4 minutes and the clocked stopped 4 times on that drive from either penalties or incomplete passes.  They don't have the ability to score quickly.

Also, our offense didn't play flawless.  Josh could have thrown two picks. Two dropped TD passes and a TD taken away from penalty. A failed conversion on 4th down in the red zone.

The defense was not great but they played good enough.  The passing game was pretty much taken away and the running game didn't matter.  My only disappointment was giving up that many 4th down conversions. Outside of that I thought they did well.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Let's give Daboll some credit.  Allen threw for 220yards and 2 TDs by throwing at NE's best corner, and by throwing to his #5 choice at WR 12 times.  Our #1 guy beat their #1 guy, they took away guys 2-4 like they wanted to, and out #5 guy roasted their #5 guy because they didn't have anybody left.

I noted that during the game too. The Bills thought the DB matching up with McKenzie would have trouble with him and it was obviously a big part of their game plan. The pass protection made it possible to exploit. Good game planning by Daboll. Good execution on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I went to the Pats fan site and most fans realize the Bills have a massive edge at the most critical position on the field.  That was the difference in this game because our defence did not do much but Allen and our offence just kept responding even after Pats would score.  You kept thinking this would be the drive our o-line gives up a huge sack and we point when the Pats made it a 5 point game and Allen would come up with a big throw.  Our O-line played their best game of the season and that allowed Allen to make plays that we saw.  If this team can get some better production from their D-LINE over the next two games and into the playoffs then anything is possible because were now at least showing signs of a running game. Nothing huge but at least giving defences something to think about 

Mac jones is the best thing to happen to the afc east teams not named the patriots…he’s good but his ceiling is just too low for them to be a serious perennial threat in my opinion and NE will be stuck in that good not great range as long as he’s there

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Mac jones is the best thing to happen to the afc east teams not named the patriots…he’s good but his ceiling is just too low for them to be a serious perennial threat in my opinion and NE will be stuck in that good not great range as long as he’s there

From the little I've seen of Jones, I think he has promise, but he's got a ways to go and Josh has it all over him. 

12 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Because they owned the division for more than a decade with a QB that has a popgun arm. 

This is one of the biggest myths of all time. Brady had a very good arm in his heyday. He was never in the upper echelon but he wasn’t in the Mac Jones/Tua Tagovailoa tier either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

12 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He may not be there long.  From flushing Kosar, to Bledsoe, to Stidham, Belli has never been one to ride with a mediocre QB any longer than necessary.

13 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Would love it if the early fan and media hype bites them in the ass, and leads the Pats to hold onto Jones longer than they otherwise would have.  At least two more seasons before they realize he will not be their long-term answer?

15 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I get a strong Chad Pennington vibe from him in the few games I have watched, that I think is his ceiling.

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This is one of the biggest myths of all time. Brady had a very good arm in his heyday. He was never in the upper echelon but he wasn’t in the Mac Jones/Tua Tagovailoa tier either.

His arm was weak when he started his career, if I remember correctly. It got stronger as he hit his prime. 

15 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

IMO they are going to be capped at no more than 10 or 11 wins as long as he is their QB.  They might win the division if the Bills have a down year(it happens even to the best of teams, even NE during that crazy run they had) either from losing people to free agency, poor drafting or injuries, but outside of that they are not a real threat with him at QB, IMO.

The only team that could be a threat with their QB potentially talent wise are the Jets but they have a long long way to go and Wilson has a lot to prove.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

I love how towards the end he goes "waaah, we own the division if these two other games go differently".  Oh sweet summer child, that's cute.  We had THREE games taken from us through blatant refball, and a fourth fluke loss to a windstorm.  If there's any team you DON'T complain about fluke losses around, it's the Bills.  Fluke losses took us from 1st seed and Super Bowl favorites, to fighting for a Wild Card as the 7th seed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think Jones will be decent. He plays smart and maybe he can add some arm strength. 

Been saying the same thing as well. The kid processes the game at a high level already. I’ll just put it this way, smarts will always get you thru times of no arm more than an arm will get you thru times of no smarts. 

The world is littered with strong armed QBs who didn’t know how to play the game.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Been saying the same thing as well. The kid processes the game at a high level already. I’ll just put it this way, smarts will always get you thru times of no arm more than an arm will get you thru times of no smarts. 

The world is littered with strong armed QBs who didn’t know how to play the game.

Tell that to Brett Farve

Check this out...

Here are a couple examples

"He scrambles. He's just the latest qb to scramble well. Granted he's no RG III kind of disaster waiting to happen, but he's no Russel Wilson or Aaron Rodgers either. I'm not sure he ever wins a ring."

"They haven't shown anything else than the fact that they are going to be an one and out playoff team. They don't have that killer instinct; they let us hang around all game long and never bothered to put us away with a kill shot."

page-53

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.