This is what they are saying in New England Land

DefenseWins

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

They won’t be…but New England fans should pretty content.

they split the season series with buffalo

have the same record

probably will make playoffs

with the 5th QB selected rookie in the draft.

Go back to August…

11-6 with Mac Jones.  
1.) who wouldn’t take it

2.) who would believe it

They are ahead of schedule by most team narratives.

They also have the GOAT coach, a brilliant OC that's been running the same system for 13 years, and a free agency bankroll of about a billion dollars prior to drafting "MJ10".  The bar for Mac and NE ought to be a tad higher than take your lumps and get'em next year.  The ruthlessness they showed to Stidham was the best decision they made besides buying a QB friendly offense for Mac to snuggle with.

Let’s be straight, they have a rookie QB and a system built for him to not be exposed much.  The Bills have an elite QB and a questionable system with a complete trash O-Line in front of him.  Sometimes, their system will win, most times, we are going to kick their balls in.  

The National Media was ALL over Allen’s nuts last year, now it’s going to swing back if he keeps playing like this, you will here about the “ProBowl Snub” giving him the “motivation” to win.  The reality is, he’s been over motivated all year, he FINALLY, took what was there and got rid of the ball. I do t know if that’s him or Daboll or both, but if he does that, the team is much harder to defend.  His running lanes will be wide open, his deep shots will open up and some of those short throws will end in chunk plays, not to mention the play action game will open up and the run game will improve, also the OL will appear better simply bc they do t have to block for so long.   He and Maholmes are one in the same really, if they take the easy stuff, the crazy ***** is a great bonus, if they force it all the time, they are going to struggle.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

They won’t be…but New England fans should pretty content.

they split the season series with buffalo

have the same record

probably will make playoffs

with the 5th QB selected rookie in the draft.

Go back to August…

11-6 with Mac Jones.  
1.) who wouldn’t take it

2.) who would believe it

They are ahead of schedule by most team narratives.

With no real upside. Enjoy that for the next decade.

49 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

They also have the GOAT coach, a brilliant OC that's been running the same system for 13 years, and a free agency bankroll of about a billion dollars prior to drafting "MJ10".  The bar for Mac and NE ought to be a tad higher than take your lumps and get'em next year.  The ruthlessness they showed to Stidham was the best decision they made besides buying a QB friendly offense for Mac to snuggle with.

Based on all the Pre-Season predictions I think if anyone said Patriots would lose division to Buffalo on Week 1 lose to Miami tie-breaker.  You would have been laughed out of building for giving Nee England that much credit.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Logic said:

I didn’t see this posted yet. It’s the greatest 90 seconds of audio I’ve ever heard in my life.

”He has a rag ahm!”

”The division runs through Buffalo for the next 20 years. Not us. It’s ova!”

the caller had the accent down perfectly....I call that a Legit baaston patsie fan..or a clever bills fan trolling them...?

lol I doubt it but....LOL *shrugs*.....im kinda a suspicious sorta gal

m

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't have a link, but listening to Bill Simmons (long time diehard Pats fan)'s podcast right now is fun.

Sweet, sweet New England tears.

I listen to Simmons a lot.  He's a great writer, and his pods are entertaining.

He's always kind of fallen back on the idea that BB has always owned the Bills, and the Pats will always beat Buffalo in big games as long as he's their coach. 

I think it's starting to dawn on both him & many Pats fans that division titles aren't a "just add water" thing anymore.  McD is a good coach, Allen is a great QB, and they're going to have to fight (and probably get some breaks) if they want to be on top again anytime soon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I listen to Simmons a lot.  He's a great writer, and his pods are entertaining.

He's always kind of fallen back on the idea that BB has always owned the Bills, and the Pats will always beat Buffalo in big games as long as he's their coach. 

I think it's starting to dawn on both him & many Pats fans that division titles aren't a "just add water" thing anymore.  McD is a good coach, Allen is a great QB, and they're going to have to fight (and probably get some breaks) if they want to be on top again anytime soon.

Yep.

As another famous Pats fan -- Dave Portnoy of Barstool Sports -- said yesterday: "I hate the Bills for the first time in 20 years".

We have been the little brother they've (easily) bullied for two decades. I don't blame them for thinking that the bullying would continue indefinitely. The problem is, we have Josh Allen and they don't. Now THEY get to see what it's like to go against an elite QB twice a year for the forseeable future. I hope they enjoy it exactly as much as Bills fans enjoyed the past 20 years of this rivalry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BearNorth said:

NE dropped at least two INT's that in other years, would have probably been caught. Levi had a drop that would have prevented a TD later in the drive.

This is a game losers play.  You can also say, well Sanders dropped a TD in the endzone he probably would have caught in other years.  Or Daryl William wouldn’t have been called for the penalty that took the first Knox off the board.  

The problem is….it DIDN’T happen.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks @DefenseWinsfor the post.  I enjoyed hearing a realistic conversation about the Pats*.

One thing that I took away is the points made about things that didn't go right with the past FA the Pats* just had.

Comments about Jonnu Smith being a bust and Agholor (both who are going to eat a lot of cap next season) were enlightening.

Hightower (an UFA next season) reaching the end of his usefulness was interesting too.

NE still having WR problems after trying to address it was also mentioned.

It brings up something I have been watching and that's NE*'s FAs this coming season.

Devin McCourty, JC Jackson, Adrian Phillips, Dont'a Hightower, Trent Brown, Alex Karras to name a few.

For all the "critical" posting that goes on here (and a lot of it justified) it's good to see it goes on everywhere especially with a division rival.

NE* has a lot of work to do to get better and that is just a fact.

• Thank you (+1) 2

That was a legitimate joy to listen to. Thanks for sharing.

My favorite thing was seeing all the little comments pop up in the corner from fans lamenting their team.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I didn’t see this posted yet. It’s the greatest 90 seconds of audio I’ve ever heard in my life.

”He has a rag ahm!”

”The division runs through Buffalo for the next 20 years. Not us. It’s ova!”

That's the most Boston thing I have ever heard!

Someone called WGR this morning and bragged that they called WEEI (Boston Sports Radio) and made a bet.  If the Pats one, he had to shave an eyebrow.   But of course the Bills won and this fellow was so proud he wont he bet, what did he win?   Anyone care to guess?

$50 to the SPCA...LOL come on WNY we can do better than that...who is shaving their eyebrow for $50, should have been at least 4 digits, either way, this clown lost.  $50 to the SPCA buys a bag of food maybe...but if he lost he woulda looked like an idiot for months.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Yep.

As another famous Pats fan -- Dave Portnoy of Barstool Sports -- said yesterday: "I hate the Bills for the first time in 20 years".

We have been the little brother they've (easily) bullied for two decades. I don't blame them for thinking that the bullying would continue indefinitely. The problem is, we have Josh Allen and they don't. Now THEY get to see what it's like to go against an elite QB twice a year for the forseeable future. I hope they enjoy it exactly as much as Bills fans enjoyed the past 20 years of this rivalry.

Geez how about being old enough to remember Miami winning 20 straight versus Buffalo. And then Jim Kelly showed up.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.